IIM Ranchi / Rohtak / Raipur / Trichy : GD / PI Experiences 2011

33 Posts  ·  36 Users
About this group
All the best to everyone for their GD- interviews of the 4 new IIMs and please do post in your experinces.It would be good if we can use an earlier format. For the benefit of everyone concerned, please keep the format like this: PROFILE...
Page 1 of 4
My bucket list is filling up fast!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hi...what about IIM-Rohtak Raipur Trichy?? If am right, the process was conducted as a single one for Ranchi, Rohtak, Raipur and Trichy.

Please let us know when the results for Rohtak - Raipur and Trichy would be declared.

Thanks,
Satish :)

Hi
Please understand that although the process was same, the merit lists for the 4 IIMs would be different on the basis of the weightages assigned ..

But my belief is that by 30th April.. everything should be out.. !

All the best to everyone.. Hope to see many Puys take each of these IIMs to greater heights ..
MBA aur MBA ke baad ki life ne KEH KE LELI !!
IIM Ranchi results should be out anytime between 21st to 25th !
Keep your fingers crossed !!

Hi...what about IIM-Rohtak Raipur Trichy?? If am right, the process was conducted as a single one for Ranchi, Rohtak, Raipur and Trichy.

Please let us know when the results for Rohtak - Raipur and Trichy would be declared.

Thanks,
Satish 😃

ranchi and calcutta would be out on the same day....... most probably .....

hey bkd.exe and other seniors.

Are you guys aware of any probable date of announcement of results. ? We've been waiting since quite some time now. Most IIM's are out with a tentative date, and any communication regarding the same about RRRT will help us a lot.

Cheers.

IIM Ranchi results should be out anytime between 21st to 25th !
Keep your fingers crossed !!

mangopeople Says
is there any fb group existing for discussion IIM-RRRT?

Why do you need a seperate fb group ? Feel free to post your queries on the respective threads of the different IIMs !!
MBA aur MBA ke baad ki life ne KEH KE LELI !!

is there any fb group existing for discussion IIM-RRRT?

hey bkd.exe and other seniors.

Are you guys aware of any probable date of announcement of results. ? We've been waiting since quite some time now. Most IIM's are out with a tentative date, and any communication regarding the same about RRRT will help us a lot.

Cheers.

PROFILE:

Acads
X %,Board, year - 86%, CBSE, 2004,
XII%, Board, year - 72%, CBSE, 2006,
Undergrad Stream(BA, BE etc), Specialization(CS, mech etc), Percentage, Year, Institute - B.E.(Electronics), 65.2%
Dr. D.Y. Patil's Ramrao Adik Institute of
Technology,
MUMBAI UNIVERSITY, 2010

Work-Ex : Fresher(1 year drop after passing out in May 2010)

Extra acads : Robotics, Quizzing, National-level Sports participation in
Badminton & Football..

Any other special thing abt u : Special Hobby - Numismatics..

Interview & GD

Venue : Dadar Catering College, Mumbai,
Date : 08/04/2011,
Time : 12 pm,
Shortlisted for (Ranchi/Rohtak/Raipur/Trichy) : R,R,R,T.

GD :
Topic : "We worship women as deities.. But, on the other hand crimes against women are also increasing, such as Female infanticide.. Are we only being hypocrites..??"

Number of Ppl present : 4/10.. Later on 2 girls from Panel-3 were shifted to our panel.. So, overall, 6/10..

Time : 2 mins for thinking.. 12 mins for discussion..

Brief Snapshot of the discussion : Talks ranged from Women reservation bill to imparting gender-sensitivity education to children from day one.. Overall, a nice & healthy discussion..
Rate your preparation(0-5) : 4/5
Rate your performance(0-5) : 3/5

PI:
Panel Members Intro : P1(A recent alumni of IIM-B), P2-Lady(An IIM-B Prof)
Questions:
I had read before on this thread that IIM-RRRT PI's involved of a lot of questions on Mathematics.. So, I had downloaded CBSE Maths textbuks of Class-11th & 12th jus days before & had mustered courage to study whatever little i cud..:drinking::drinking: But, on the contrary, in my PI, not a single question was asked from Maths or even B.E. acads..:cheerio::cheerio:
P2 : Why MBA?
Me : Blah blah blah..

P2 : Career Goals?
Me : Blah blah blah..

P2 : Do u feel ur GD cud hv been better?
Me : Yes, Ma'am..:lookround:

P1 : In what ways u cud hv improved ur GD?
Me : Told some points on which I cud hv elaborated more but, for a guy from NIT Trichy, who was consistently trying to barge into me & my points..

P1 : Can u tell me that point now in 2 lines?
Me : Told..

P1 : Are u an angry kinda person? U don't seem to smile much.. Smile a li'l for us..
Me : No, Sir.. not at all.. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..

P1 : C'mon smile some more..
Me : Sir, this is my natural smile.. Can't smile more than this..

P2 : What calls u hv?
Me : Told..

P2 : U hv nything to tell us?
Me : Tell u or Ask u ma'am..

P2 : Okk.. Nything u hv to ask us?
Me : In IIM Trichy's Admission Notification, I saw that they would be emphasizing more on experiential learning.. rather than rot learning.. What do u mean by "Experiential Learning"?

P1 : Well, experiential learning means learning through case-studies, etc..blah blah blah..

P2 : Nything else..
Me : No, Ma'am..

P1 : Okk Akash.. See You..(Both P1 & P2 shake my hand)..:lookround::lookround::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Me : Thank u..

Overall, a very chilled out panel.. Had a very nice & healthy chat.. No grilling on acads.. Nothing..!!!!!!!

An Added Bonus : The Director of IIM, Trichy came to foresee the Proceedings.. He told us regarding the Summer Placements scenario in the institute.. the emphasis on practical learning, etc.. 31 companies hv already confirmed participation in the 2012 summer placements in IIM, Trichy.. Also, the infrastructure there is gonna be mindblowing wid access to every facility of NIT, Trichy..
Note - IIM, Trichy will operate initially from inside the NIT, Trichy Campus..

Rate your preparation(0-5) : 4/5
Rate your performance(0-5) : 3/5
MISC.
Any other relevant detail - Only docs required are the xerox of CAT Scorecard & the Call-letter.. Also, the xerox of Category certificate(if applicable).. No other doc is required..:thumbsup:

VERDICT - Waitlisted..

Also during my interview The Director from Trichy came and had a discussion with us.

He told Trichy is the Only among the New IIM's which will offer FPM program from next year.
He also told 2 recent alumuni from IIM C have been requested to stay at the Campus for Trichy's first year so that the students can get help from them .
He further added that as many as 31 companies have confirmed their participation for the Summer internship Process.
Overall he was very confident about IIM Trichy's prospects 😃

Last but not the Least The Official Verifying the Documents told us that The Final Results of the New IIM's would be out on or Before 25 April 2011

So Best of Luck to Every one...

PROFILE:

Acads
X 85%,Maharashtra Board, 2004 year
XII 80 %,Maharashtra Board,2006 year
Undergrad Stream(BE), Specialization EXTC Percentage:60, Year 2010, Institute: MU.

Work-Ex:6Months

Interview & GD

Venue: Mumbai
Date : 08/04/2011
Shortlisted for Ranchi/Rohtak/Raipur/Trichy

GD :
Topic:something on the Lines of women are just worshipped but the Crimes against them continue ............................

Number of Ppl present:6
Time:12min
Brief Snapshot of the discussion:
Every body got fair chance to put forward their points also no fish market , no dominating ppl .
Overall a good GD and good conversation.
Rate your preparation(0-5):3
Rate your performance(0-5):3

PI:
two PPL p1 & p2

p1: so tell me abt yourself
Me:blah blah
p2:Describe what u do at Work
Me:Blah blah
p1:so why MBA
Me :told
p2:but u have so less experience , y not take some experience and then do MBA
Me: Explained
p1:what is this Competition tht u have won
Me : Explained
p2:What about the other one
Me:Explained
p1 & p2 : OK we are Done
Me:Thank You

Rate your preparation(0-5):2
Rate your performance(0-5):3

VERDICT:Awaited