IIM Ranchi

486 Posts  ·  208 Users
About this group
I got 96 %ile in CAT 2009. What should I do?? Any suggestion which institute I should go for. What about IIM- ranchi is it worth taking a shot at!!! Though I was expecting a higher %ile so have only applied for MDI apart through CAT. Plz...
Page 1 of 49
anubhavjr_er Says
any idea about the results ...?

smwhere arnd 10th....no source its my speculation coz the interview's end on 6th....4-5 days and result's will be out ...ATB
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

any idea about the results ...?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Anybody there who is attending the interview on 2nd.. the 9 30 slot ?

Any one on this thread who has given the GD PI already .. Could you please enlighten everyone on what exactly is the focus for the interview questions ?Acads ?Work Ex ? HR questions ?

GD Topic : India needs more food, rather than freedom !!

6 out of the 11 in the panel turned up finally and the IIM c guys seemed quite happy about the attendance. This clearly suggests the turnout was more poor in the earlier call list

The GD was close to a fish market and the other 5 talked about things like improving India s storage, better crop quality, Green Revolution Etc. There was only one guy ( i guess speaker no. 2) who did talk about the Freedom part as well.

I talked about india's poor HDI and how in the past year, citizens had been given two additional rights in Education and Information but nothing had been done about the large number of people BPL. BPL gives the best measure as it gives the true picture of how many people are able to afford the daily bread. I took the topic symbolically and explained why we cant enjoy the democratic and sovereign nature of the country unless everyone gets his basic amenities first. Right to vote doesnt make any sense to someone who just cant earn his daily bread.

I seriously dont know how I fared as I spoke completely out of context to what others suggested like improving logistics etc but I am not sure wats gonna happen....

PI .

No questions like Why mba ? Just a lotta grilling on my grad scores , gave them fairly convincing answers, explained in detail abt my mba, asked further details about my family etc etc ..
P1 looked very engrossed as he browsed through my folder.

Rating :
GD : 3.5 on 5
PI : 2.5/3 on 5

Puys , please share your experiences. PM me your reviews on my GD PI please
Many thanks

VERDICT: Converted
MBA aur MBA ke baad ki life ne KEH KE LELI !!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
debashish_rv Says
Any updates about the results..??Not yet out..

ther r another round of interviews in the first week of june....so the result's will be delayed fr sure
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Called up iimcal tday... they said it will be out in the first week of june... any idea how many attended the interview totally?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any updates about the results..??Not yet out..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

when are the results coming puys ? any idea ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
well to start with ...
there were 4 days scheduled for gd-pi's process..
11 may to 14 may ..
11 may for the quota guys..... mine was on 12th...
regarding the no of slots ecah day it was two .. the morning one at 9:30 and one at some 2 or 2:30 in the day ...
in every slot there wre couple of panels ..
on 12th morning it was 10 in panel 1 & 11 in panel 2 in the morning of which 4 and 6 turned up...
in the day slot there wre again two slots with 8 in each .. of which 12 turned up( quoted by fellow puy)

whether they would add additional list.. i dont know...
but wat i know is my interviewer told me there would be around 50 seats .. she didn't gave me a exact number but told me the number would be in the vicinity of 50....
again i quote a professor.. he said the results would be out in 5 days...
so working out the simple maths here .. 17 could be a tentative date for the results....
thanks

thanks 4 your intimidate reply.
Final result's tentative date is 17 May.
that means no chance of second/add GD PI shortlist.:shock:
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
will you give some light on no of candidates called & attending.
Or
no of days of GD PI session & no of sessions.
Is there any chances of putting add. GD PI list...
Are They having 50 seats....?

earlier they have said (given the fig's) 60-80.

well to start with ...
there were 4 days scheduled for gd-pi's process..
11 may to 14 may ..
11 may for the quota guys..... mine was on 12th...
regarding the no of slots ecah day it was two .. the morning one at 9:30 and one at some 2 or 2:30 in the day ...
in every slot there wre couple of panels ..
on 12th morning it was 10 in panel 1 & 11 in panel 2 in the morning of which 4 and 6 turned up...
in the day slot there wre again two slots with 8 in each .. of which 12 turned up( quoted by fellow puy)

whether they would add additional list.. i dont know...
but wat i know is my interviewer told me there would be around 50 seats .. she didn't gave me a exact number but told me the number would be in the vicinity of 50....
again i quote a professor.. he said the results would be out in 5 days...
so working out the simple maths here .. 17 could be a tentative date for the results....
thanks
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

is there possiblity still, that they declare a new list 4 gdpi cuz of d the lower no of showups @ gdpi?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...