IIM Lucknow [2007-09] GD/PI Help Desk

297 Posts  ·  99 Users
About this group
Ahoy :: Congo to all those who are here! :: To take care of all your serious queries like : 1\. Should India go for full capital account convertibilty? :wow: Or silly queries like: 1\. No. of pine trees in IIML campus :) ...
Page 1 of 30

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello friends

I might be counting my eggs before they are hatched but still need to have an answer to this question urgently.I believe the results are going to be out by 12th or thereabouts.And what i have heard is that,after that we have 15 days to submit the fees and confirm our seats.Now,here is my problem.I am traveling abroad on official work for 1 month after tomorrow.So wont be available when the results are out.So if my family members can fill in the fees to confirm the seat?Will it be fine.coz if there are some forms etc where my signature are required as well in those 15 days,then i wont be able to do those.So is it that they just need to see the money and maybe my parents can sign and all on my behalf.Looking for help quickly in this regards.

Thanks friends.

dude...... atleast last year, the results came out on the 12th and the last date to pay the fees was 8th may for most IIMs ( all, i think ). thats 26 days. the letter will reach you max by 25th. just tell your parents to courier it to wherever you are using some priority courier service ( for example, Fedex ). i've used this service and stuff does reach you in the number of days they promise. getting it in 2-3 days is no big deal unless you are gonna be in the amazon or something. all in all in a week, the letter will be back home, still leaving a week's buffer till the last date.

some IIMs might also have a soft copy of the form on their site for download. or maybe you could ask them if your parents could scan the form and send you a soft copy which you could print, sign and send back by courier. that'll save you 2-3 days more...

shouldnt be a problem, either way....

cheers,
Harshad
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

as far as i remember its only ur sign that would matter....ur family members can send in the money...but i think on the form u would be reqd to sign.......but i think there should be some solution to this....as in some authority letter or something.....try calling up the authorities at lko...may be they can help...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello friends

I might be counting my eggs before they are hatched but still need to have an answer to this question urgently.I believe the results are going to be out by 12th or thereabouts.And what i have heard is that,after that we have 15 days to submit the fees and confirm our seats.Now,here is my problem.I am traveling abroad on official work for 1 month after tomorrow.So wont be available when the results are out.So if my family members can fill in the fees to confirm the seat?Will it be fine.coz if there are some forms etc where my signature are required as well in those 15 days,then i wont be able to do those.So is it that they just need to see the money and maybe my parents can sign and all on my behalf.Looking for help quickly in this regards.

Thanks friends.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
anandv
@anandv  ·  2,055 karma
what if ONLY final year marks are used by the univ to award class ? University of Pune does that.....

feels wierd to write only the final year marks in the form...

cheers,
Harshad

It is wiser to write all semester marks in the form and then defend, rather than not writing some marks at all 😁
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Even though the form asks for the marks used for calculating the degree percentage, write 700 marks.

Because obviously 700 marks were used in the formula of 0.1*700 + ...

If they probe you on how is the net %age calculated, then you can explain the formula to them :)

what if ONLY final year marks are used by the univ to award class ? University of Pune does that.....

feels wierd to write only the final year marks in the form...

cheers,
Harshad
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

iim A gave out a detailed analysis... along with the calls

Category-wise Short-listing Criteria and Number of Candidates called for Group Discussions and Personal Interviews.From the qualifying candidates meeting minimum cutoff requirement, the candidates were shortlisted on the following basis:

1. General Category candidates: Out of qualifying candidates, who applied for PGP of
IIMA, 608 General category candidates were short-listed. Candidates, whose percentile in
each section was above 95.33 and who have an overall percentile above 98.3, have been
called for the GD&PI.;

2. OBC Category Candidates: Out of qualifying candidates, who applied for PGP of IIMA,
55 OBC category candidates were short-listed. OBC Candidates, whose percentile in
section 1 and section 3 was above 90 and who have an overall percentile above 98.3,
have been called for the GD&PI.;

3. SC Category Candidates: Out of qualifying candidates, who applied for PGP of IIMA,
123 SC category candidates were short-listed. SC Candidates, whose percentile in
section 1 and section 3 was above 65 and who have an overall percentile above 85.3,
have been called for the GD&PI.;

4. ST Category Candidates: Out of candidates, who applied for PGP of IIMA, all 20 ST
category candidates, who met minimum cutoff requirement, were short-listed for the
GD&PI.;

5. PWD Category Candidates: Out of the candidates, who applied for PGP of IIMA, all 14
PWD category candidates, who met minimum cutoff requirement, were short-listed for the
GD&PI.;

And numbre of seats are:
A total of 280 seats are available for admission to the Post-Graduate Programme 2007-09 of IIM
Ahmedabad. The break-up of 280 seats for various categories of students is given under:
General - 192, OBC (6%) - 17, SC (15%) - 42, ST (7.5%)- 21, PWD (3%) - 8

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
anandv
@anandv  ·  2,055 karma
Any idea about the number of calls given by IIML? In Bangalore there are two sessions everyday(continuing for 4 days as per my knowledge) with 10x4 = 40 interviews per session.
This takes the total count to 320! How many calls would they have given? 320x5 = 1600??

It seems no IIM released the official reports this yr. As the exact situation about OBC quotas is unknown.
So no news from IIML either 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any idea about the number of calls given by IIML? In Bangalore there are two sessions everyday(continuing for 4 days as per my knowledge) with 10x4 = 40 interviews per session.
This takes the total count to 320! How many calls would they have given? 320x5 = 1600??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Abt the ABM calls not being mentioned, guess theres been a grave error and its really unfortunate.Its been brought to the admn notice and def wont be repeated again. I know its no consolation to those who expected a PGP call, to them all i can say is to take this as a temporary setback and give it ur best in the other ints/or next yr.

As per the issue abt ppl getting abm calls even though havent ticked the option, had all the forms been sent to the same center(one of the 6 iim centre's u had2 post the form to) or different centers? Cos if they all from one centre the error could be due to a fault in the reading maching otherwise its a more general one. Anyways, if the person whose3 friends have faced this issue can give their respectice centres we can raise the issue with the admn.

To the others, atb for the ints, pgp as well as abm. btw abm salaries this yr upto now avg around 9lacs.
An imp thing abt ABM is that during summers they offered all the profiles PGP students get. So ABM students r doing their internship in co's ranging from Goldman Sachs, HSBC to top marketing companies. and if they work hard and get a PPO, they would be at par with PGP students in finals to.

So keep that in mind also. though it is a risky option and plus one would have2 study abm subjects.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...