IIM L GD/PI queries - splash em here

362 Posts  ·  110 Users
About this group
So with the first hurdle out of the way it is time to gear up for the next battle. congratulations to all the call getters and an invitation to splash all ypur queries regarding IIM L GD/PI or otherise too here :smiley: and all of us here at L w...
Page 1 of 37

Hi there.. I am wiatlisted at IIM L and my number is 169 on thw waitlist
can any senior throw some light on the sitaution last year and wht rank the waitlst fell to

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

well i would like to know if i can post my IIML queries related to few things i need to know before i can finally join it.........in this thread only or some other thread..........would be glad if someone could offer some personal help i.e thru mails etc cause some things i dont wanna make public.........

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I request Anubhav.sahu to please copy this post to the IIML GD/PI Expriences thread where a lot more puys can gain the benefits of going through it...
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iim-l-gd-pi-experiences-2006-25013362

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey,

They didn't put any question regarding my job hopping profile, but they did point it out. But here I have an advantage or I think so, I switched from Siemens Ltd to Coral Telecom for profile change and then back to Siemens with a changed profile (of Coral Telecom). I told the same to them. Anyways, lets hope I get it converted as I don't want to snatch a seat from one of the IIMA aspirant next year . Keep writing.

CHAO
rOhIt

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

1. iimL has a waiting list. final calls = no of seats = arnd 240 .

2. nobody knows this dude. but ppl feel its an advantage in most of the cases.

3. hmm if you were questioned on this and you had made it clear why exactly you changed them then no probs here.

4. check the site. i think its around 50%

your percentile is on the lower side of ppl who have calls so keep ur fingers crossed!! 😃

Hello there,

I am an engineer, electronics branch, has more than 2.7 years of work-ex, currently working in Siemens - IT. I got a call from IIML (98.85%) and had my GD/PI on 7th March, GD was total Fish market and PI was fine. I wanted to know

1. How many final calls are given at the end?
2. Whats does your work-ex contribute in your selection?
3. I had changed three jobs in less than three years, does it reflect something negative?
4. What is the ratio of Exp to Freshers in IIML batches on an average?

Waiting for the reply

CHAO
Rohit
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello there,

I am an engineer, electronics branch, has more than 2.7 years of work-ex, currently working in Siemens - IT. I got a call from IIML (98.85%) and had my GD/PI on 7th March, GD was total Fish market and PI was fine. I wanted to know

1. How many final calls are given at the end?
2. Whats does your work-ex contribute in your selection?
3. I had changed three jobs in less than three years, does it reflect something negative?
4. What is the ratio of Exp to Freshers in IIML batches on an average?

Waiting for the reply

CHAO
Rohit

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello All,
Let me try to reproduce interview held at Mumbai on 6th March.
Panel had 2 members Ma'm & Sir.
Ma'm announced my name & I walked in to the hall.

After getting settled,Ma'm started:So u r frm HBTI,Kanpur..its a gud institute.tell me hw has Kanpur evolved over the years..wat was its previous strength & wat is its strength today.

I: Kanpur is a traditional city know as Manchester of India in the previous years due its strength textile industry..it was set up by British due to Kanpur's strategic importance .due to which Britishers set up cantonment in Kanpur .Textile industry over the years cudn't sustain the same position-one b'coz of the technological obsolence i.e. inability of the industry to match up the technological advancement.second,inability of the management to utilize the labours as a resource..so this strength didn't keep the Kanpur for long..but kanpur discovered other strength.It has risen up as the city of Entrepreneurs.Its present strength lies in Leather industry,Paints ,Plastics...

Ma'm: Kanpur is major Leather industry hub of India along with Agra.
I: ..ya,in North India its true..else a major hub is Chennai as well.

Ma'm: Hw do U see the strategy like Allen Cooper marketing the leather goods of local company of Kanpur in Foreign mkt..do u see it as a gud strategy.
I: Marketing itself is big function for any company,requiring lot of investment...so if company wants the help of another company in marketing its product to the newer market,then I think it is a welcome function.Pt is one may not be gud in all functions but collaboration like help to do away the lacunae.

Ma'm: Among the concerns of environment pollution & putting up kanpur in the map of leather industry..what wud U do as a decision maker.
I:I think regarding the environment concerns...it can be tackled v much with technology.Over the years such technology has evolved which can meet side effects like that of LeatherIndustry.

Ma'm:..but there is a big IF here.if technology evolves?..given the political setup do U think it is goin to work here?
I:..i think technology is already an answer.Already Effulent Treatment Plants hav been set up by the companies like Mirza Tanneries..which has reduced the pollution quite a lot(Ma'm gav a disapprovin smile)
I:..i mean already River conservation schemes fr Ganges is underway...where such measures has taken.

Ma'm: why didn't U came to Lucknow fr GDPI..why here.
I:That's b'coz I'm rt nw stationed at Ahemdabad.Ma'm I'm already enrolled fr the MBA prog in Nirma Institute Of Management.

Sir: But U didn't mentioned in the bio-data.
I: Sir there was no provision fr the same in the form....
Panel revisited the form.
I: But I intended to clarify frm the start..

Ma'm: its OK...so nw U hav been to two enterprising cities A'bad N' Kanpur..hw do U compare bothin terms of enterprising set up.
I: At the individual level there seems to be no difference..Individuals in both the cities r aspiring n' hardworking.both places people up high goals in life while intending to set up enterprise.but the reason why A'bad has evolved better than kanpur is difference in infrastructure & political leadership

Sir: U hav done MA(Public Administration)...How u came to it..after B.tech..it looks strange?
I: Well it may look strange.After B.Tech I got into the company called Excel Tech...

Ma'm:In which field it deals with?
I: It manufactures & sells Poly Urethane surface coating...There I worked as Sr.Engineer(Marketing)

Ma'm:U were a Management Traniee?
I:yes
Ma'm:then why this designation.
I:Though I was Management Trainee but the designation I got was Sr.Engineer...Though I was enjoying the job, I thought of moving for higher goals in life for which I decided to attempt civil services for which i was primarily inspired by my Father,who himself is a successful civilservant.Earlier I thought of continuing the prepration with the job but sooner I realize i may not justify my contribution to my goals n' company so I decided to leave the company.I opted fr Public Administration as a subject fr the exam.I did MA in this subject particularly b'coz in the given yr UPSC had revised the syllabus of subject in a major way.So to get the breadth & depth of the subject did MA.

Ma'm:It was full time?
I:It was correspondence course.

Ma'm:Hw do u justify 5 long yrs of academic gap.
I:Prep fr civil service required gud enough effort n' I in the process reached thrice to the inerview stage of IAS..some hw I cudn't get in to the merit but this took this much time.

Sir:U r already 28..don't U think MBA at this time will create Job problem..
I:Age is surely on the higher side but when I saw the profile of people of in IIM_L,I found lot many hav are in the same age bracket.

Sir:But they hav workEx.
I:Ya thats true they hav outstanding workex.Regarding Job..lookin fr job oppourtunities is also the objective among other ones to do MBA...to be practical,this remains the objective among others.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
akshat_kumar4 Says
Do all the IIMs declare final results simultaneously or are they independent of each other? In case of IIM Lucknow as far as I know Mumbai is the last venue and 13th March is the last date that I heard.

All the IIMs declare their results after all the interviews are over...and all the results come within about 2 days......
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
rbsshining Says
Since IIM Bangalore interviews get over only by 13th April, I think the results will be out only by 20th April

Do all the IIMs declare final results simultaneously or are they independent of each other? In case of IIM Lucknow as far as I know Mumbai is the last venue and 13th March is the last date that I heard.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi all,

Can anyone tell when the results will be out or when is the last interview held?

Also how many calls are given in the first list and is there a second list?

Pls reply asap

Thanks

Rahul

Since IIM Bangalore interviews get over only by 13th April, I think the results will be out only by 20th April

There are 250 seats and last year the waiting list number went upto 102 I think which makes it a total of 350 final calls for 800 PGP interview calls...can the ratio ever get better....but not even such a luring ratio is enough to save me......atb to rest
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...