[OFFICIAL] IIM- Kozhikode PGPBL 2020 -2021 ( Post Graduate Program in Business Leadership )

91 Posts  ·  2,723 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on IIM- Kozhikode PGPBL 2020 -2021 and Get the details about the Admission Process, Fees, Campus, Placements, cut off and much more.

Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, Kerala.

The Indian Institute of Management is one of the most famous names in the educational sector in India. IIM Kozhikode was set up in the year 1996 by the government of India and is one of the 20 IIMs. The institute is regarded as a leading business school in India and covers research, teaching, training, and development in the field of management.

About the program

IIM Kozhikode offers a one-year Post-graduate Program in Business Leadership which has been designed to prepare the business leaders of tomorrow. After the completion of the program, students are equipped with essential skills to manage global challenges and emerge as business leaders of tomorrow.

• Name of the program: Post Graduate Programme in Business Leadership.

• Fees: 22.50 Lakhs which includes the cost for program delivery, books and instruction material, in-campus hostel accommodation, and access to all in-campus facilities.

• Duration: The duration of the PGPM program at IIMK is 1 year.

• Mode of Education: The mode of education is full time residential.

• Accepted entrance exam: CAT / GRE / GMAT

• Important Dates:

– Application Start: – 3rd February 2020

– Application Ends: – 30th April 2020

– Interview: 9th May 2020 to 31st May 2020

– Offer Issuance: 10th June 2020

– Offer acceptance last date: 10th July 2020

– Class Commencement: December 2020

• Eligibility criteria:

50% aggregate marks in undergraduate degree from a recognized university in India. The minimum duration of the degree should be 3 years.

Minimum work experience of 3 years after completion of graduation and maximum work experience of up to 7 years.

• Admission process:

1. Candidates will be shortlisted based on their score in CAT / GMAT / GRE.

2. The next step in the selection process includes Personal Interview (PI).

Page 1 of 10

@Shivani_Agarwal_IIMK When are the results for phase 1 round expected to be declared?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Adcom, Are there any cutoff's for CAT/Gmat which the committee looks at for shortlisting or is it based on the profile and work ex of the candidates?

1 comment
cross.circuit
@cross.circuit  ·  15 karma

Based on profile of the candidate.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What will be the implication of the recent HRD ministry directive on one year mba pograms ? 

1 comment
cross.circuit

I would like to clarify this. Traditionally in India institutes offer 1-year certificate courses like GLIM gives PGP certificate in management for flagship course of PGPM. 

IIM Act of 2017 gave degree-granting powers to IIMs. What that means if the document offered on the course completion would be a degree if IIM wishes to. 

Program and document offered upon completion are two different things and are often confused. 

After IIM Act, many IIMs are giving degrees like MBA for their flagship 2-year courses which is very justified. 

But now other institutes can protest that why one year course could offer an MBA rather than a certificate (like other institutes)?

So to bring uniformity in 1 yr course documents, the ministry has advised us to stop awarding degrees but not to stop the program. Get that clear.

Why this doesn't affect (personal opinion) IIMK PGP-BL? They have not granted a degree to the first batch yet. And the FAQs state equivalent of MBA would be offered. So IIMK has full rights to offer degrees or certificates based on their decision. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
1 comment
cross.circuit

I would like to clarify this. Traditionally in India institutes offer 1-year certificate courses like GLIM gives PGP certificate in management for flagship course of PGPM. 

IIM Act of 2017 gave degree-granting powers to IIMs. What that means if the document offered on the course completion would be a degree if IIM wishes to. 

Program and document offered upon completion are two different things and are often confused. 

After IIM Act, many IIMs are giving degrees like MBA for their flagship 2-year courses which is very justified. 

But now other institutes can protest that why one year course could offer an MBA rather than a certificate (like other institutes)?

So to bring uniformity in 1 yr course documents, the ministry has advised us to stop awarding degrees but not to stop the program. Get that clear.

Why this doesn't affect (personal opinion) IIMK PGP-BL? They have not granted a degree to the first batch yet. And the FAQs state equivalent of MBA would be offered. So IIMK has full rights to offer degrees or certificates based on their decision. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The IIM Kozhikode PGP-BL 2020-21 (Phase 1) interactions are scheduled from 22th June to 27th June 2020.

All the best to the candidates shortlisted further!

2 comments
Ajay_singh_2020
@Ajay_singh_2020  ·  0 karma

@Shivani_Agarwal_IIMK When are results for phase 1 expected to be out?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

To have better conversations regarding the admission and curriculum queries, an applicant created a Whatsapp group for the same.  It already has 80+ members. If there is any another group, let's merge it.

http://tiny.cc/v44dnz 

B-School Aspirant.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys! I have received an invite for the personal interview round of the pgp bl program for 21-22. Can someone help with what are the topics I can expect to have an interaction on during this round? I have given overseas mba interviews where they have concentrated more on work experience and management scenarios than on academics. Can I expect it to be similar or is the focus different? Thanks in advance!

1 like8 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 8
dheeraj123
@dheeraj123  ·  3 karma

I just had my phase-1, interaction. Prepare on your profile. Lot of questions will feature around your overall profile, industry you have worked, responsibilities handled. One two questions on current affairs. One two out of the box questions can also surprise you. Overall experience will be very supportive and cozy.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Kakashi23
@Kakashi23  ·  99 karma

@dheeraj123 your work ex bro?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi , I Received a mail regarding Phase 1 Interaction Session . There was a confirmation button in the mail but it isnt working and I m not able to proceed with the confirmation due to the issue. Please helpt out. 

Email : rikuf1@gmail.com  

6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
rikunitewalker
@rikunitewalker  ·  15 karma

Yes SMS Received . Thanks .

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Ashup94
@Ashup94  ·  20 karma

Same! I clicked on the link in the sms but nothing happened. It just took me to the dashboard.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...