IIM Indore - Batch of 2004-06

123 Posts  ·  38 Users
About this group
Hello fellow IIM-I batchmates, Started this thread exclusively for those who are going to be in the batch of 2004-06 at IIM-Indore. Let s get to know each other before we actually meet up at the spanking brand new campus at Indore. Am a ...
Page 1 of 13

OK Bhaiilogo,,

I have Reached Indore (grumpily though as want the relaxing summers to continue 😞 )

But weather these days is Amazingly awesome and it rained also ahere,,so just awesome awesome and awesome..

Currently our summers presentations are going on and so not much work and real slogging starts from Monday.. So till then we RELAXXXXXXXXxxxxx..

cheers
SK

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey people,

Let me be the first to welcome aboard all the newcomers to this thread. You guys please join the Yahoo Group by sending a mail to pramodpotti@yahoo.co.in

Cheers........JAM

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi all....

i m frm delhi and
i too will be joining i.... well cleared the waitlist yesterday only.....

prashant

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Any of you guys waitlisted at IIMB? if yes please post your WL numbers as it would help people like me who are waitlisted at indore
cheers
piyush

No d00d, I don't think anyone in this thread is waitlisted. Everyone here is a final candidate for I, as far as I know.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any of you guys waitlisted at IIMB? if yes please post your WL numbers as it would help people like me who are waitlisted at indore

cheers

piyush

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi..

gr8 post Govar..
Lookin forward to the Chennai meet on 5th..

Ashwin

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

thats abs true.. the blr freshers party rocked... cheers to IIM I junta

the spirit was high and we all are rarin to go ... what do u say 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
BANGALORE FRESHERS PARTY MINUTES

Whoooaaa! what a meet! It was blazing. The party was amazing. Thx to the organizers on behalf of prospective PGP-1ers, most of whom won't yet be out of the post party hangover. :)

About 10-15 of freshers made their presence to the party, and there was a decent of mix of 5-10 seniors each from 00 (?) to 05 batches.

Getting to business, in I, you can choose to be an academic stud, a party freak, a bum, a joker or a neurotic depending upon how flexible you are, and what has God bestowed upon you. But whichever persona you choose to be, you gotta do two things:
1) Slog your a$$ w.r.t academics.
2) Refer to 1 above.

We pretty much got a taste of it looking at the seniors there. In the end, everybody, some way or the other, means business.

A Typical day:

If you are a normal person, you wake up at 8.45. Larks get up at 8.40 to wake up others.
The classes start at 9.00 am, and we are supposed to do some trekking en route to college.
You get an option of either brushing the teeth or taking the breakfast. Be advised: classes can go on w/o a break till 5 pm in which case it would be rather smart to smell like rotten eggs than to burn our stomachs. The option is left to you - as long as your neighbour in class doesn't care.
Go to the classes, and everthing, from dark to light, from yin to yang will be crystal clear. :)

What you can and can't expect:

The campus is absolutely idyllic. You can either love it or use it as an excuse for not concentrating.
Some faculties are as good as you can get, the best in business, particularly in the sophomore year. The rest play devils advocate - shot out straight from hell.
There will be a never ending bout of parties, quizzes, meetings etc.
You get everything you need in the net - to satiate all kinds of desires. Take this verbatim.
Academics: We are supposed to labor hard for two years, and in the end convince ourselves that all we did is for good. Apparently, that's what seniors did to themselves.

Salient pts to drive home:

For the studious - you don't have to prepare anything, except for practising how to freak out and have fun if you don't know the definition of both of these words.
Comps/lappies: We'd get a far better deal in the campus if we go there and negotiate - a supposedly sensible option instead of sending the cheque rightaway.
80-90% of the work we do would need a PC/Lappie. If you wanna think abt configurations, do it now since you won't and can't think of such trifles there.
As long as you are lucky, you can get away quite easily with an other states' reg. no in your vehicle. You are anyway not going to give cops a lot many chances to catch you. ;-)

Important note: Better pull with you your complete entourage of movies, music & other CDs for all round personality improvement of all the fun and entertainment stripped, Godforsaken souls out there.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is what we heard abt IIM Indore, warts and all, from the sons of its soil.

Its been long, so lemme resign. Waiting for others to fill in lacunae, which they would most likely do tommorrw, considering the amount of mdecine most of them consumed. 😁
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey there Sumanta,

Just for the record, how many people from Delhi actually booze, and what are ur preferences ??

Cheers..........JAM

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

in ab tak chhappan---- nana patekar has a great dialogue..............tere haath mein bhi mehendi lag gayiiii

at delhi meet all those who dont booze.............. mehendi lagane ke liye ready

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...