IIM I PGP Batch of 2010 : Queries and Discussion

41 Posts  ·  24 Users
About this group
Congratulation to all of you who got a final convert from IIMI. Use this thread to shoot all your queries and discuss about IIM Indore. There are already few posts on another thread (the results one) discussing about the college. Do check...
Page 1 of 5
Hello Seniors!!!

I am joining IIM Indore and have few queries:

1. What's the approximate joining date ?
2. How to buy a laptop? I have heard ,there are bulk deals available at the institute so, should i wait to buy it once i reach there or get one myself?
3. Dress Code @ the institute.

There is a thread running for the batch of 2010-12. Pls post your queries there as you would get prompt answers. These queries would have been answered previously also.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello Seniors!!!

2. How to buy a laptop? I have heard ,there are bulk deals available at the institute so, should i wait to buy it once i reach there or get one myself?

Please continue your discussions here :

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2010-2012-iim-indore-final-results-out-25053750
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Seniors!!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
As per the communication from the SWAC co ordinator,we are suppose to wear a formal suit for freshers alumni meet. but i do not have a formal suit at this time with me so will a formal wear without a blazer will work?
I have a blazer which is semi formal. can I wear that if at all a blazer is must?

they won't kick you out if you're wearing a semi-formal blazer (as long as its not pink and doesn't shine in the dark).
Just ensure that you're dressed appropriately for a formal corporate party (alumni will be coming after all)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

As per the communication from the SWAC co ordinator,we are suppose to wear a formal suit for freshers alumni meet. but i do not have a formal suit at this time with me so will a formal wear without a blazer will work?
I have a blazer which is semi formal. can I wear that if at all a blazer is must?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Ujjwal.deep Says
1 qstn from my side.. I'll be reaching Indore on 18th. n my train will be arriving at 3.30 in the morning so will it be safe to travel at this time in indore? moreover if i go to campus at this time will they let me go inside coz somewhere I read that the gate closes by 11.00 PM.

are bahut log aate hai chipra se
i also came by the same train and had no prob with the gates or nythg

jus get an auto at the station there wll be plenty available and come to iim indore
there the guards will open the gate u jus have to tell him pgp 1

u mght have to give ur autograph at the gate 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Ujjwal.deep Says
One more query..when will i be alloted my room to me. coz rgstrsn starts from 20th n i'll b reaching on 18th. so woudn't this be a problem?

Not a problem.....rooms will have been already alloted. All you need to do is go to the guard room and get the keys on the 18th. There will be a list with your name and your room no in the guard room.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

One more query..when will i be alloted my room to me. coz rgstrsn starts from 20th n i'll b reaching on 18th. so woudn't this be a problem?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Ujjwal.deep Says
1 qstn from my side.. I'll be reaching Indore on 18th. n my train will be arriving at 3.30 in the morning so will it be safe to travel at this time in indore? moreover if i go to campus at this time will they let me go inside coz somewhere I read that the gate closes by 11.00 PM.

It will take you an hour to reach IIMI campus from the railway station. The campus gates open at 5 AM, but if you reach earlier than that, the guards will open the gate for you. Dont worry about that.
And its perfectly safe to travel early morning!!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...