IIM-I Call Getters - Queries4 GD/PI n More [2006-2008]

154 Posts  ·  55 Users
About this group
Hi Friends, Congrats on getting the Call from IIM Indore :: . Half the job well done and the tougher half remains ahead. We wish you all the luck in your endeavour. Post all your queries regarding whatever you need to know about IIM I and ...
Page 1 of 16

looks like iam having a backlog of queries with no one being able to help me out..
heres one more
I am not clear on the specilization thing so iam going to say that i would like to keep my options option and at the same time IT will definitely be some part of my course. Now the other thing is that i dont want to answer the question about "which IIM will u choose" diplomatically by saying something like see later based on parameters etc.
THus what i want to know is something specific to IIMI which can help me justify when i say i may choose L over may be other IIMS

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

neways seniors i want to know whether in I also we dont have 2 take a specialization and can pick up electives (subjects)of our choice??

Yup, the same system as followed by all IIM's. No Specialization. We can pick up electives of our choice

@Pratset...I'm a commerce grad and won't be able to answer that Qn. Will get some IT guy to help you out

Cheers,

Wayne
iam a final year BE (comp,NSIT) student and need some help again.
IIMI interview on 16th march
it has been nearly 2 months now and even after a lot of soul searching etc the best reason that i can find for justifying my stand as an MBA aspirant(for interview purpose) is that it will give me better oppurtunities.... Can someone specify a better answer for a fresher like me ( career goals r restricted to something like going to work in an IT comp and reach some high position)
Please help

here is a simple question which perhaps some seniors can answer
Iam thinking of combining IT and finance somehow in my specializations but dont wanna mention that as i have no finance bkground and also not sure of the prospects in such a domain. It is only that finance and economics has started interesting me from last one year. Iam a final year comp engg student

Any idea what profiles or jobs i can look forward to do by combining these two.I think this can help me answer the why MBA better??
Any suggestions or any idea about any guy who has done so or is doing so currently.
it has been nearly 2 months now and even after a lot of soul searching etc the best reason that i can find for justifying my stand as an MBA aspirant(for interview purpose) is that it will give me better oppurtunities.... Can someone specify a better answer for a fresher like me ( career goals r restricted to something like going to work in an IT comp and reach some high position)
Please help

whose soul were u searching my man dumb pj i know

neways seniors i want to know whether in I also we dont have 2 take a specialization and can pick up electives (subjects)of our choice??

Thanx Wayne... for ur quick resp., I'll try that link....
cheers

Hi all,
May be this is a wrong place to ask this Q, but I dint find a better one on PG. Can anyone pls throw some light on the Exec-PGP course at IIMI. I hav a got a PI call for it. I am not very much aware of the prospects of this course. As this is 4 the working execs, the do not offer any placement services. Anybody having any info pls share..... thanx

Hey bun_pat,

We may not be in the best position to answer questions relating to the Exec PGP Program......But you could probably try and look at the profile of participants currently and contact them for any info you might need.

http://www.iimidr.ac.in/iim/pages/participants/exepgp01.jsp

All the Best
Cheers,

Wayne

Hi all,
May be this is a wrong place to ask this Q, but I dint find a better one on PG. Can anyone pls throw some light on the Exec-PGP course at IIMI. I hav a got a PI call for it. I am not very much aware of the prospects of this course. As this is 4 the working execs, the do not offer any placement services. Anybody having any info pls share..... thanx

Please help

Hi,
have the IIM I interviews started already. i've got mine on 13th morning at IIM B . seems like i may well be the in the first batch at IIM B
hi people,
can someone tell me about the electives offered in IIMI.
also i have some queries which i think would be best answered by someone specializing in IT or willing to do that(preferably with engineering bckgrnd).
So if someone here has that profile please contact me.

http://www.iimidr.ac.in/iim/pages/programmes/courses.jsp Always nice to visit a insti's website before shooting questions...
Regarding the IT specialization bit, there a lot of ppl around here. Post your profile and your queries I can get you in touch with the ppl. 😃

I got calls from BLAKI.I got 99.97 percentile in CAT.I am doing B.Tech in ECE at NIT Warangal.My CGPA is 6.28 .
1. why do u want to do an MBA?
2. what would intrest u most as a career and/or further education if u were not to pursue or take up manaement education now?
for the first question my intrest is mostly bcs it allows me to get a good salary in future.
and for the second one i would like to get job ex.i have already got placed at infosys.
plz suggest how to go abt filling up for these questions.i have my first interview scheduled for 13th of this month.

1) Whoa. My dear Pavan, your answer to the "y MBA?" bit is brutally honest. Though honesty has its place, you have to question yourself if as an interviewer one wud be interested in taking in a student who wants to join a course just for a better salary. Your answer is best exemplified by the statement "An MBA is a long wait between the CAT calls and final placements". Please put in the effort to come up with a more feasible reason than that. :neutral: If you want a better salary, you can always push for better offers being from a NIT.??: or you could join the film industry... As idealistic as I may sound, you have to look beyond the monetary aspect of things when answering this question.

I'm stressing on the 1st question so much because it is not only critical for your selection, but also is the very reason why you would be taking the pains of going through 2 years of a B-school education.....after a while, it pays to think beyond the obvious. The irony is that, with your %ile and background there are high possibilities to convert which may result in complacency. 😞

Please think about this answer, talk to your seniors. Find out what an MBA gives. Look around this place - use the Search feature to look for SOPs for last year's IIM-B form.

Lastly, a nice guideline to follow while answering the ubiquituous "y MBA?" question would be>
a)What are your goals? (Clarity and specificity helps)
b)How does an MBA help you achieve them? (What does an MBA give? Where does an MBA figure in your plans?)

As a fresher, its imperative that you understand....take it from a fresher.

hi ppl,
supposing they ask me 'do u have any qs to ask', whats the most generic answer?...does this really decide ur seat?.
another q thats been bothering me is 'y mba'. and more importantly, 'which iim wud u take if u secure a seat in all of them'....
can smone clarify?

You'll definitely have some doubt or the other to ask...a generic question is usually regarding the Student Exchange program. ...or even the Case Study style of Pedagogy. No, it doesn't decide your seat. :)

The "which IIM would you take..." question has been tackled in this thread already.

All the very best to all of you. 😃

Payne