IIM GD/PI - Engg Acads related Qs

27 Posts  ·  20 Users
About this group
Hi, I got BLACKI calls this year and have 3 years work-ex (June 2006). I have an Elec Engg background. For the benfit of myself and other call-getters with same profile, can the PGs post their experiences abt just acads related Qs. Like w...
Page 1 of 3

r u an architect?

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Here are the Questions I was asked ( Electronics & Communication):

IIM L:
Diff b/n Electronics and Electricals.
Neural Networks:Whats an Artificial Neural Network(ANN)?Diff types of Learning Algos?ANN v/s Regression Analysis.Adv & Disadv of ANNs.
What is Fuzzy Logic(Elective)?How is it comparable to Probability Theory?

IIM K:

What are Embedded Systems and Examples of Same.A question on HP's latest platform independent server.(I havent studied OS :()

IIM A:

Neural Networks Again (Damn that Elective!):What's an ANN.How does learning in an ANN occur.Name any 3 Algorithms (not neccesarily ANN Algos).What is D'jkistra's Algo.Time complexity for D'Jkistra's Algo.Pseudo-code for same.How does a Telephone work i.e. actual working of the transducer that converts Sound to electrical Pulses.How does conversion from Analog to Discrete take place.Conversion from Analog to Digital(not to be confused with Discrete).
Lengthy discussion on Quantization;Quantization error.

IIM I:

Diff b/n Electronics and Electricals.Same old Fan regulator working question.Whether a Computer is an Electronic or Electrical device.

IIM C:

Development of Electronics industry in India.Relation b/n Frequency and Wavelength .Factor(s) affecting Antenna Length of Receiver(Ans: Lambda/4);Why Lambda/4 ? Why is the Color Red used in Traffic lights & on Top of Receiver Antennae ?

Fan regulators ( both continuous & discrete). AM/FM. packet/circuit switching. Latest developments in Electronics. Nanotechnology. Examples of optical devices.
These are all the questions I faced at the 5 IIM intrviews this year

i'm in 4/4 b.tech ece,
the questions about acads i was asked in my I interview are:
1)draw 3 input xor gate
2)what is a super conductor and at what temperatures it works like that
3)why do u use silicon in VLSi design
4)what is the difference between a pnp and npn transistor in terms of usage
5)whay is the source code generated for GUI is different from what we will write in HTML
6)what is the difference between electronics and electrical branches
7)what is a semiconductor
what is number portability and how does it increase compitition

help!!!! ...98.5%ile.......
call only frm L ....... fresher....... 70% ........
doing civil engineering .........
please post some PI questions on acads......... very desperate

I also felt the lack of experiences for civil engineers here on PG. Well I'm B.Tech. Civil Engg. from IIT Delhi and had my ACLIK interviews recently.
Some of the questions asked were:

Q: What is formula for the infiltration capacity of soil?
Q: Define infiltration capacity.
Q: What is unique about Howrah Bridge?
Q: Type of bridges? Draw them and explain.
Q: When to go for suspension bridge and when truss?
Q: Example of suspension bridges?
Q: What is the shape of the structure of the roof of IIFT called? What are its advantages?
Q: Earthquake resistant structures?
Q: How do you measure the strength of soil?
Q: Explain all the Shear strength measurement tests (for soils)?
Q: Piles and types of foundations.
Q: How do you do sampling in fast running rivers?

Will post more upon remembering

Chittu
:

No architects around :wow

all those who hv IIML calls pls brush up ur acads...these guys r known to ask bout acads even to the work-ex people...prepare at least 2-3 subjects...just the basics shud b enuff...]

ATB to all of u!!!

got calss frm aclik,99.8%ile.degree of mere65,6%,bit of extracurriculars,mechanical engg.,what i'll be asked in mech,aint gud in it!:

You are supposed to know about internet,IP, network in your college, what is LAN, seven layers etc and simple devices like hub,router,switch etc. Don't need to go deep into protocols, scheduling etc. I'm saying this because it has been asked consistently.

Ppl, dont forget Computer Networks. Even if you don't mention it they will ask you. Other favourite areas are data structures, CDMA GSM, Algorithms etc.
PS- Computer Networks is a must for engineers.

networks as a subject only comes for us in our last semester and we have just started with it. How much am I supposed to know.