IIM Calcutta PGPEX-VLM Batch 6 2012-2013 Admission Process & Beyond

180 Posts  ·  42 Users
About this group
Hello Prospective Candidates, We are current students of PGPEX-VLM Batch 5. Please post your queries regarding the PGPEX-VLM course, admission process & any other relevant query. The admission process will start during October-Novem...
Page 1 of 18

Dear Seniors,

I am Ashwin Vaidyanathan. I am currently working at Mercedes Benz Reserach and Development India Pvt Ltd. (A Daimler Group company). I am a Senior Engineer and involved in Product design and CAE Analysis of Heavy duty Truck Chassis.

Work Experience summary:

Mercedes Benz Research and Development India Pvt Ltd.
(A Daimler Group company)
Senior Design Engineer
Sept 2010 to date
Responsible for support of Design and Development activities of Heavy duty truck
Defiance Technologies
(A Hinduja Group company)
Engineer
Feb 2008 Aug 2010
Responsible for Design and supporting development of Power train mounting and supporting Design and development of a Light commercial Vehicle
Eicher Engineering Solutions
( A Volvo-Eicher JV Company
Design Engineer
Feb 2007 Jan 2008
Responsible for supporting Concept generation phase an Electrical car development
HSM Technologies
( A Cedres Group Industry)
Technical Executive
Aug 2005 - Jan 2007
Responsible for leading CAD activities on-site and Data legacy conversion of Aerospace structural parts

Education Background:

Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering - 2001 to 2005 - 67 % (Affliated to Anna University)

12th Std (Tamil Nadu State Board) - 87%- (2001)

10th std (CBSE) - 64% (1999)

Apart from that I hold Global certification for proficiency in Computer aided design.

Extracurricular I would rate my self as average.

----------------

Looking at my brief advice will you suggest me for PGPEX-VLIM 2013. Kindly reply back to my post.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Dear seniors,
We know the min (5 yrs) & max (10 yrs) work exp is the eligibility.
But does apprentice training will count in work exp. I'm 2003 graduate. I did apprentice training in April 2004 - Mar'05 and since Mar'05 to till date i'm worked with cement and automotive manufacturing industry. so what should be my work exp? shall my total work exp will include apprentice training of 1 yr or it will exclude because while applying to new job, recruiters doesn't count apprentice training as work exp. please reply?

Dear All Aspirants for the VII Batch

Plz find the following link started by the current batch students!!
(IIM Calcutta PGPEX-VLM 2013-2014 Admissions Discussion Thread) (IIM Calcutta PGPEX-VLM 2013-2014 Admissions Discussion Thread)IIM Calcutta PGPEX-VLM 2013-2014 Admissions Discussion Thread

Kindly post your queries on the new thread!!

adding to ur query.. only full time work ex will be considered.. make sure u dont mention ur work ex more than 10 yrs else u need to apply only if sponsored

cheers
PGPEX-VLM VI Batch Students
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear seniors,
We know the min (5 yrs) & max (10 yrs) work exp is the eligibility.
But does apprentice training will count in work exp. I'm 2003 graduate. I did apprentice training in April 2004 - Mar'05 and since Mar'05 to till date i'm worked with cement and automotive manufacturing industry. so what should be my work exp? shall my total work exp will include apprentice training of 1 yr or it will exclude because while applying to new job, recruiters doesn't count apprentice training as work exp. please reply?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What you told is right and i want all to make informed decision based on this comments. If one looks for Big Names and Fat salary packeges, it true to say that time has not yet come for this course.(its Hard to say that).
If one is selecting this course for learning purpose, i will say its a brave decision. Course needs such fellows, for its future to become a fancy course offering big packages and Big names in resume. But, one should be able to take decision based on correct information, thats where this forum will help.

podoustad Says
May god be with you then , especially now that you are from Oil & Gas background !:o
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

May god be with you then , especially now that you are from Oil & Gas background !:o

dear all aspirants..
its really nice that one of the students brought true picture in public domain..
nw comes the comparison part..
aspiratns should understand first that its a program to boost manufacturing sector.. therefore it has aegis of GOI in collaboration with JICA, NMCC, DoPT, etc...
and this program is based on MIT LGO program which is again globally acclaimed..
I hv got through some other good one year programs in India and even HEC France and choosing VLM....
I m not here to just looking for a extraordinary high package or something close..
m here to give value addition to my present work-ex (m a procurement consultant into oil&gas; sector).. and to do something more worthy post MBA from IIM Calcutta..!!
cheers
rbenz
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

(IIM Calcutta PGPEX-VLM 2013-2014 Admissions Discussion Thread)IIM Calcutta PGPEX-VLM 2013-2014 Admissions Discussion Thread

cheers

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

dear all aspirants..
its really nice that one of the students brought true picture in public domain..
nw comes the comparison part..
aspiratns should understand first that its a program to boost manufacturing sector.. therefore it has aegis of GOI in collaboration with JICA, NMCC, DoPT, etc...
and this program is based on MIT LGO program which is again globally acclaimed..
I hv got through some other good one year programs in India and even HEC France and choosing VLM....
I m not here to just looking for a extraordinary high package or something close..
m here to give value addition to my present work-ex (m a procurement consultant into oil&gas; sector).. and to do something more worthy post MBA from IIM Calcutta..!!
cheers
rbenz

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I'm no preacher , I'm no god ...I just feel the pain in the same way , as do you all....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Dear Sir,
Can you please suggest......
1. We should take education loan from SBI joka or from our native place.
2. What r the facilities v will get in IIM C hostel. Means what rthe mandatory things v should brig from home.
3. What is the placement status of 4th and current batch.Like what type of copanies r coming in the campus and wht is the avg/higest/ mini package

Regds,
Candidate of 6th batch

Hi guys!!!

Even I'm planning for my MBA from B-Schools.

Just want to share my experience in terms of education loan.

My experience with other nationalize banks were not good as it includes quite a bit of delays in process and service.

One of my colleague suggested Credila Financial Services Pvt Ltd (HDFC Ltd Co). After I contacted them, I understood they have some special products for good ranked colleges/universities where they can provide loans upto Rs.10-20 lacs without security, upto 10-12 yrs tenure and attractive roi.

Best thing I liked was they are not taking any PF while processing the file. The timeline for processing is around 5-7 working days.

They have centralised team who works on such kind of special products. Let me know if any one requires the contact details of them as such.

Hope this helps!!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IIM Calcutta PGPEX-VLM 2013-2014 Admissions Discussion Thread

cheers

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...