IIM Calcutta - PGPEX VI- Admission process and Beyond

1,025 Posts  ·  192 Users
About this group
Hello Everyone, We are current students of PGPEX-V and would like to welcome you all to this new forum and hope that the forum proves to be a good companion for your journey. We are starting this thread to answer your queries regarding t...
Page 1 of 103

Since there is a new thread for the new version here: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iim-calcutta-pgpex-vii-admission-process-and-beyond-25078658/3280056

Locking this thread. Please take it forward on the new one.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Please dont post here ...........post it in the relevant thread for PGPEX VII

Team PGPEX
IIM Calcutta PGPEX ADCOM 
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

link for the result - did not see it on their website ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Checked. In for interview. Try with 2 spaces between first and last name. Did not find my name with single space.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey fellow Puys, Does any one know if the IIMC pgpex interview shortlist out already?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@enigma526 said:Hi Puys,
I was trying to report my score for IIMC - PGPEX, but this course is not present in the list of institute/courses.The only IIM C relevant entry was the PGP - Indian Institute of Management Calcutta - Indian Institute of Management Calcutta - Postgraduate Program in Management.Do we need to report the score using this code OR uploading the gmat report as part of submitted application form is sufficient.Please suggest !!!

I think the right option is - Indian Institute of Management Calcutta - Indian Institute of Management Calcutta - Postgraduate Program for Executives.

I found it from a search with India and Indian Institute of Management Calcutta values in country and school fields and leaving everything else blank. It shows the program code somehwere in the URL value on the selection page.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Puys,
I was trying to report my score for IIMC - PGPEX, but this course is not present in the list of institute/courses.The only IIM C relevant entry was the PGP - Indian Institute of Management Calcutta - Indian Institute of Management Calcutta - Postgraduate Program in Management.Do we need to report the score using this code OR uploading the gmat report as part of submitted application form is sufficient.Please suggest !!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys, Need immediate suggestions!!!, I am entrepreneur and have a total work ex of around 4 years and 10 months... Out of which 1 year in IT and rest is business. I am a first generation entrepreneur and have been doing quite good. Below is the snap shot of my profile...

10th- 83.2%

12th- 84.6%

Grad- 7.32/10 (NIT Surat)

GMAT- 650 (M 49, V 29)

Is my profile good enough to give it try?? Also i have an option of going to AIM Manila for its MBA course(16months), so shall I give PGPEX a try or shall move to Manila? Please respont at the earliest last date is coming soon...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@t-saurav said: Hi Moderators, This is Saurav Kumar. I need few suggestions from you regarding my profile. I gave my GMAT today(2nd attempt) but scored only 630(m 46, v 30). Below is the snapshot of my profile.
GMAT Attempt 1 : 580
GMAT Attempt 2 : 630
Experience : 5.5+ years
Profile : Business Technology Consultant
Good Domain experience in Finance and Healthcare sector (multiple certifications on finance)
Good Technology acumen supported with multiple certifications
10th : 65.2%
12th : 71.44%
B.E. (IT) : 8.48/10
Companies : Cognizant, IBM and Deloitte Consulting(current).
NGO : Worked extensively with the organization to set up a computer center.
Strength : Will project my profile as a business technology consultant and will substantially support the same with all the data points I have e.g. certifications, past experience etc.
Weakness : Low GMAT score, low acad.
Kindly can you please suggest whether I should re appear for the GMAT and try to improve my score or should I go ahead with this score and apply for the 2013-14 session. Is it worth a try?
Please respond at the earliest as the last date for the 2013 session is 31st August.
Thanks,
Saurav
Reappear for GMAT

Team PGPEX
IIM Calcutta PGPEX ADCOM 
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Moderators,
This is Saurav Kumar. I need few suggestions from you regarding my profile. I gave my GMAT today(2nd attempt) but scored only 630(m 46, v 30). Below is the snapshot of my profile.

GMAT Attempt 1 : 580
GMAT Attempt 2 : 630
Experience : 5.5+ years
Profile : Business Technology Consultant
Good Domain experience in Finance and Healthcare sector (multiple certifications on finance)
Good Technology acumen supported with multiple certifications
10th : 65.2%
12th : 71.44%
B.E. (IT) : 8.48/10
Companies : Cognizant, IBM and Deloitte Consulting(current).
NGO : Worked extensively with the organization to set up a computer center.

Strength : Will project my profile as a business technology consultant and will substantially support the same with all the data points I have e.g. certifications, past experience etc.

Weakness : Low GMAT score, low acad.

Kindly can you please suggest whether I should re appear for the GMAT and try to improve my score or should I go ahead with this score and apply for the 2013-14 session. Is it worth a try?

Please respond at the earliest as the last date for the 2013 session is 31st August.

Thanks,
Saurav
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...