IIM Calcutta PGPEX IV : Admission process and beyond

1,003 Posts  ·  153 Users
About this group
Hello Everyone, Its that time of the year again when people start gearing up for the rigorous admission process to the prestigious 1-year programs at various top b-schools in India. I would like to welcome you all to this new forum and hope that...
Page 1 of 101

that field needs to be left blank.

By the way you are on the wrong thread. The right thread is here
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/admission-process-iimc-pgpex-v-25054142

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

guys!! do you know what we mean by the application number in IIMC pgpex forum... cant figure out what needs to be entered....

any help ..appreciated.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Just wondering :
"Is execPGP primarily aimed at middle mgmt guys who have worked in eclectic verticals and drawn experience from people/process mgmt and not exactly technical ( read IT) know-how".

Also, how important is experience, in absolute terms as in number of years, not least internationally drawn, for getting the coveted foot in eyeeyeyum?

I hope its not sounding a topic for gd/sop

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am happy I opted out. For ISB much hyped placement I read it here

Thirty ISB students skip placement process: Rediff.com Business

For IIML I have seen one of seniors who is close narrating the experience . IIMC I talked to seniors two months back. I am still in touch with a couple of them. IIMA same . It is your personal decision to join or not to join but if you are joining that just bear in mind the huge risk you are taking while benefits may not be there at all.
Good luck to all of you

I just want to add some perspectives on the below comment :

1) I recently visited ISB and was very pleased to know that lot of companies are queing up for placements. During my interaction with various students I could not find a hint of despair and the students were positive about the placement scenario this year

2) Couple of minutes back I spoke to one of the recruiters who is there in IIM C recruiting for PGPEX. I understand that the process is going on well and the recruiters are pretty pleased with the current crop of students.

Further, it goes without saying that all of us are witnessing a economic recovery of sorts with many companies giving out long due salary hikes and indicating clearly their hiring plans

I would just request "conscience" to please illustrate the source of information for his findings.

PS: If i remember correctly, "Conscience" you had already made upo your mind to not enroll yourself for any such courses, so how come suddenly u got interested again
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Happyman

I have PMed you my contact details, please feel free to contact me

Hi Paranoiac,

As mentioned in your quote, please can you provide more details about the scene at IIMC PGPEX.

Please can you tell us what are the various companies coming in this year for recruitment and what kind of roles are being offered to the students.

I have got an admit for the 4th batch so interested to know.
Thanks,
Happyman.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Paranoiac,

As mentioned in your quote, please can you provide more details about the scene at IIMC PGPEX.

Please can you tell us what are the various companies coming in this year for recruitment and what kind of roles are being offered to the students.

I have got an admit for the 4th batch so interested to know.
Thanks,
Happyman.

1) I recently visited ISB and was very pleased to know that lot of companies are queing up for placements. During my interaction with various students I could not find a hint of despair and the students were positive about the placement scenario this year

2) Couple of minutes back I spoke to one of the recruiters who is there in IIM C recruiting for PGPEX. I understand that the process is going on well and the recruiters are pretty pleased with the current crop of students.

Further, it goes without saying that all of us are witnessing a economic recovery of sorts with many companies giving out long due salary hikes and indicating clearly their hiring plans

I would just request "conscience" to please illustrate the source of information for his findings.

PS: If i remember correctly, "Conscience" you had already made upo your mind to not enroll yourself for any such courses, so how come suddenly u got interested again
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Please see my profile below and provide your feedback. I am also one of the aspirants for IIMC.
GMAT; 700
Current profile: Product Manager of insurance product with Financial Division of a MNC.
Work Exp; 11+ years in IT industry with Telecom and Insurance experience with Tier 1 IT companies. 5+ experience in management.
Over 1.5 years overseas exp in US, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Academics: 10th - 79%
12th - 81%
B Tech (Electronics) from PEC(Chandigarh) : 70%
PMP and Insurance ceritification
Extra caricular: active participation in dramatics club in school & college, participated in stage and street plays.
Since I am from IT background, I am thinking of giving another shot for GMAT. Will appreciate some feedback and guidance!

It will be great if somebody can review my profile and provide some inputs for areas to work upon for a IIMC aspirant. If this is not the right forum, please refer me to the correct one.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

conscience Says
I heard that ongoing placement is a nightmare for the students. The situation is worse at IIML . At ISB also a few dozens are thinking of becoming entrepreneur, so why they had not invested the tuition fee etc in the venture. Ask from seniors and current students , there is very little positive about the programme. If you still decide to join then only you have yourself to blame for this misadventure.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
conscience Says
I heard that ongoing placement is a nightmare for the students. The situation is worse at IIML . At ISB also a few dozens are thinking of becoming entrepreneur, so why they had not invested the tuition fee etc in the venture. Ask from seniors and current students , there is very little positive about the programme. If you still decide to join then only you have yourself to blame for this misadventure.

Source of info? I have talked to students and alums as well and they didn't had anything like this to mention.
http://adabass.blogspot.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I got a mail from IIMC that i have been offered a seat at PGPEX yesterday i.e 12th Feb.

Is there somebody else like me who has received a mail.

Cheers,
HappyMan
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...