IIM Calcutta PGPEX III : Admission process and beyond...

330 Posts  ·  113 Users
About this group
Hey guys, With just two more weeks to go before IIMC starts the application process for its third batch of PGPEX, I thought this would probably be the right time to kick-start this thread. Will be glad to be of any assistance on this subject. ...
Page 1 of 33

HI, Does anyone know what questionsa are asked on the recommendation letter for the the IIMC PGPEX? Do recommenders get an email with the link to write the recommendation letter?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

've a doubt regarding placement stats of IIMC PGPEX. when we look at placement stats of past 3 years, the number of students who got placed,including ones who didn't opt placements, is far lesser than number of students who got admitted . Where are remaining numbers? Didn't they clear the subjects

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all,  

Can you please evaluate my profile and suggest me if I can target IIM-C for PGPEX?   

Indian female, age 31, work experience = 8 years   

10th exam 86.4% (state board) 

12th exam 77.8% (state board) 

B.Tech in computer science & engineering 8.86 GPA (state university) 

expected GMAT score: 680-720 (not taken yet)  

work experience details:  administrative officer (IT) in a government owned insurance organization for 5 years, then promoted to assistant manager (IT) in the same organization after that (continuing to the same cadre till date). Work experience in reinsurance and allied actuarial field. 

professional qualifications: 

- fellow of general insurance from Insurance Institute of India 

- student member of Faculty of Actuaries, UK [cleared CT1 (financial mathematics), CT3 (mathematical statistics), CT5 (contingencies) each one at first attempt]  

achievements: 

- qualified GATE exam with 94.62 percentile, all India rank 2251 (category - general) 

- received certificates of merit from Indian Insurance Society for scoring distinction marks in 6 papers of fellowship exam 

- nominated delegate to attend Global Insurance Rendezvous 2015 on SAARC perspective 

- secured 5th rank in all India essay competition organized by Asia Insurance Review and GIC Re, essay got published in their book  

publications: 

wrote essays, articles in various blogs and journals (one in an international journal)  

certifications: undergone several certifications from datacamp on R and Python to do data cleaning, student's t-test, ANOVA  

volunteering: helped an entrepreneural venture named 'Klathrate' on developing reinsurance portal through Micromentor 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone considering PGCGM from IIM Calcutta?  Need a valid CAT/GMAT score to apply for this. 

https://www.iimcal.ac.in/post-graduate-certificate-general-management-pgcgm

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

When will the recommendors receive a mail to provide their recommendation?

Rock
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can we give generic email ids for recommendation or an official one is required?

What if official id is not available?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Ash,

Thanks for your kind words.

You must be feeling relaxed once term exams are over.

Could you please provide some idea on the qaulities IIIMC PGPEX is looking in a perspective student. Anything IIMC specific- like strong quant, leadership, stress handling etc.?

This will help in getting ready for the interview.

One more specific query. I opted for the telephonic interview. does it affect my chance compared to the person who will be physically appearing for a personal interview.

All the best for the 4th term result.

ash34 Says
The very best wishes to all of you who have hurdled the first barrier. I am from the second batch of PGPEX, and after the final term exam on the 4th, would have sufficient breather. Shoot your queries, should you have any . Cheers
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am in for PGPX also. 720/5 11.5 years in IT.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am in too.

720/5 11 Years in IT. Into Project Management.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...