IIM Calcutta PGPEX

390 Posts  ·  95 Users
About this group
Hello All, After IIMA, IIMC is the next premier school to have started a 1 year MBA. I will be applying for the founding batch. So, thought it is the right time to start a thread to get all the prospective applicants on board. My prof...
Page 1 of 39

've a doubt regarding placement stats of IIMC PGPEX. when we look at placement stats of past 3 years, the number of students who got placed,including ones who didn't opt placements, is far lesser than number of students who got admitted . Where are remaining numbers? Didn't they clear the subjects

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, your advice is much appreciated.  Thanks !

I am 35 yrs old Indian female with 12years plus work experience in IT industry along with 6months at US for client meetings & requirement gathering. Presently (& for last 7 years) with a prominent IT giant. Was in IT delivery for 11.5 years & highest role played was Project Lead responsible for managing technical deliverables & project reporting for a team of 10-12 members at offshore. Presently with Europe Sales team as a Proposal Author. I have own multiple accolades for my professional commitment & excellence. I have 2 certifications to my credit - IBM DB2 Fundamentals & Prince2 Practitioner Certification. Graduated from private state university with DGPA 7.25, 12th - 81%, 10th - 83% (both CBSE). I had own multiple prizes from Ramkrishna Mission Institite of Culture, Kolkata in elocution contest during my school days. I was an active participant in school annual function every year. 

I aspire for IIMC PGPEX . Does my profile qualify? What GMAT score is required for me in each of the 2 institutes? 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all,  

Can you please evaluate my profile and suggest me if I can target IIM-C for PGPEX?   

Indian female, age 31, work experience = 8 years   

10th exam 86.4% (state board) 

12th exam 77.8% (state board) 

B.Tech in computer science & engineering 8.86 GPA (state university) 

expected GMAT score: 680-720 (not taken yet)  

work experience details:  administrative officer (IT) in a government owned insurance organization for 5 years, then promoted to assistant manager (IT) in the same organization after that (continuing to the same cadre till date). Work experience in reinsurance and allied actuarial field.  

professional qualifications: 

- fellow of general insurance from Insurance Institute of India 

- student member of Faculty of Actuaries, UK [cleared CT1 (financial mathematics), CT3 (mathematical statistics), CT5 (contingencies) each one at first attempt]  

achievements: 

- qualified GATE exam with 94.62 percentile, all India rank 2251 (category - general) 

- received certificates of merit from Indian Insurance Society for scoring distinction marks in 6 papers of fellowship exam 

- nominated delegate to attend Global Insurance Rendezvous 2015 on SAARC perspective 

- secured 5th rank in all India essay competition organized by Asia Insurance Review and GIC Re, essay got published in their book  

publications: 

wrote essays, articles in various blogs and journals (one in an international journal)  

certifications: undergone several certifications from datacamp on R and Python to do data cleaning, student's t-test, ANOVA  

volunteering: helped an entrepreneural venture named 'Klathrate' on developing reinsurance portal through Micromentor 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
rkrgupta Says
Can anyone please tell the last date of application for iimc pgpex, any rough idea, i have scheduled GMAT in june this year. plz tell

The applications are likely to open in May week1. Logically they will give people at least 2 months time. So yr June date should be safe. I guess that the appl will close towards end Jul or Aug.

Reg
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can anyone please tell the last date of application for iimc pgpex, any rough idea, i have scheduled GMAT in june this year. plz tell

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
thecrab2000 Says
This time it seems like IIMC is moving the session to start in April instead of December. So, the forms would be available in May. Moving the session to April is my speculation, but forms availability in May is the response from PGPEX office.

I spoke to Adm office today. They informed that PGPEX III will start in April 09 week 1 and hence the forms will be available in May 08. This if for info of everyone. On the other hand, IIMA PGPX IV forms are already online.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Introduce with this new site which plays like a financial guide. With this site you can be easily updated with the top business related stories and financial news coverings. Its Companies reviewed by Investors | FinGad - A Finance Community . You can adopt all news, related with the present economic situation of India, in aspect of Global Market, economic conditions of other countries and comparisons with them and many more. It plays like a finance guide for you and also who wants to invest for new business or going to incorporate a company. I hope it will help you a lot, so dont get late and register soon here on Login & share your knowledge by reviewing companies and investment strategies .

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear All,

I am planning to give my GMAt this march and am collecting the Gmat codes for diff 1 year courses.

Could someone please let me know what the Gmat code is for IIMC PGPEX course ?

Is it different for diff course? Does a Uni not have the same code ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Promod,

Thanks a ton for the reply and yes it did give me a fair idea. I have completed my Bachelors in Maths, most of them are BE or Btech guys .. ??:

I want to do a management degree which can help me shift my career line.:neutral:
Any other option that i can try or will i have a good scope if i have a good GMAT score in pgpx ?

Would be great if I can get help to figure out the best option for me.

Regards,
Pavitra :)

same is mt case

dentist,gmat-640,tofel-104,total ex-6 years,4 govt diverse -admin,policy,legal academic- avg.

extra ciru-verygood
calls-AIM MANILA,confirm admission-HULT DUBAI,reject-IIM-Lnoida

guys di i have any chance of making to GDPI
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...