IIM Calcutta PGPEX Admissions 2019 | PaGaLGuY

122 Posts  ·  893 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on IIM Calcutta PGPEX Admissions 2019 and Get all the informations about IIM Calcutta, IIM Calcutta PGPEX, Executive MBA from IIM, IIM Calcutta PGPEX Fees, Eligibility, Placement and much more from our MBA section..

Page 1 of 13

Hi , Is it mandatory for the Official score from pearson to reach the institute before September 15th ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am Abhinav . The following is a brief summary of my profile for your ready reference:- GMAT : 710 ( Q50 , V36) Under Graduation Discipline & Percentage :- Petroleum Engineering ( 74.6%) University :- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Work Experience : 5 years 9 months ( As on March 31st , 2020 ) . I have been a part of the projects department for a period 3 years and currently in the technical operations department. Company : Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation LNG ( State PSU) Post MBA objectives :- To be in a general management or operation management function. The following are my querries :- 1)Given my profile and work ex , can 710 be considered a competitive score ? PLEASE HELP Abhinav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am Abhinav . The following is a brief summary of my profile :- GMAT : 710 ( Q50 , V36) Under Graduation Discipline & Percentage :- Petroleum Engineering ( 74.6%) University :- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Work Experience : 5 years 9 months ( As on March 31st , 2020 ) . I have been a part of the projects department for a period 3 years and currently in the technical operations department. Company : Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation LNG ( State PSU) Post MBA objectives :- To be in a general management or operation management function. The following are my querries :- 1)Given that the average work ex at IIMC PGPEX is 8 years 5 months . Would my low work ex be a major hindrance in my chances of getting an admit ? PLEASE HELP Abhinav

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
Tridisha
@Tridisha  ·  29 karma

Your work experience will not be a challenge. However, you would need a good GMAT score, strong application and SOP and clarity on why MBA to secure admission.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
cxxggetxv
@cxxggetxv  ·  2 karma

@IIMCPGPEX Thanks a lot for the reply ! Would you suggest me to improve my current score ( 710 ) ???

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Kindly help me with one information - Do our  Referees  get link after 'save and continue' or after we 'Submit' complete application ?

It seems I saved and continued  Referees details but they did not received any email or link.  

They checked inboxes and spam folders. And they received mails from some other colleges too for recommendation on the same email address.

It's been more than 24 hours after my opting 'Save and Continue', but they did not receive mails. I am waiting for reply on my email. Please suggest what options I have here ?

2 comments
IIMCPGPEX
@IIMCPGPEX  ·  352 karma

Once the referral submits the form, the applicant gets a mail that the form is submitted. In case you did not get the mail, please drop a mail to   pgpexadm@iimcal.ac.in / pgpex@iimcal.ac.in 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
gjin
@gjin  ·  0 karma

@IIMCPGPEX Team, My referee did not received link even after I selected 'save and continue' in step 9. They checked their junk and spam folders. I validated email address and it is correct as they received recommendation link from other colleges on same address. Kindly, please help and suggest.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

MBAEx - One Year MBA at IIM Calcutta - One page

Post 51210691066205
IIM Calcutta PGPEX ADCOM 
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have around 12 years of work experience in IT Management bradly in the area of Datawarehousing and Business Intelligence (Retail and HR domain).

SSC/HSC/BE (Mumbai) = 85/76/67 pct

OverseasExperience : US/ UK

Yet to appear for GMAT

I want to make career progression in the area of Advance Analytics.

Can you please suggest, a) what are the oddsof selection, and b)what would be career trajectory post PGPEX

1 like1 comment
Tridisha
@Tridisha  ·  29 karma

The chances of getting an interview call/admission depends on various factors. Your profile and experience can help you get in provided you get a good GMAT score and can show clearly that you need an MBA now.  On the roles, after MBA, you can get in senior roles in IT Services or IT Product Roles; you can also change your function/industry and get into something different. 

Look at the placement brochures of the last few years and understand/analyze what are potential opportunities for you. And then see if it aligns with your goals in life. 

PM for further queries. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

what is the maximum age limit for MBAex program.??

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
IIMCPGPEX
@IIMCPGPEX  ·  352 karma

@arnabrockin Hi Arnab, there is no upper age limit to apply in the MBAEx program. In our current batch we have students with age ranging from 28 years to 40 years.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
arnabrockin
@arnabrockin  ·  0 karma

thanks for the estemmed replies....

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi I have an 8.5 years of experience in IT in telecom domai currently working as a lead of the team. I have been working in US based MNC.I have 88 10 and 75 in 12.B.tech from Govt engineering college with 70 percent. Gmat 730 Please evaluate? my profile

2 comments
Tridisha
@Tridisha  ·  29 karma

You have a strong profile and a high GMAT score. With the limited information given, you do have a good chance but a lot will ride on how you potray your life's story and your clarity on why you are pursuing an MBA now. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
IIMCPGPEX
@IIMCPGPEX  ·  352 karma

You have a good profile. Work hard on preparing great application. Use SOP and additional essay to highlight your profile. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Currently i am holding 4 years of experience in Banking sector (Operations manager). Is it mandatory a candiadate must have 5 years experience? Also i just wanted to know about opportunities and career for BANKING people in MBAEx.

2 comments
Tridisha
@Tridisha  ·  29 karma

The miminum requirement of work experience should be met before applying to these programs. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
IIMCPGPEX
@IIMCPGPEX  ·  352 karma

@karthickmurugan We require minimum 05 years of work experience to consider an application for admission.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys, I have done my MBA from IMI New Delhi and I plan to do an executive MBA from IIM A/B/C. I just wanted to get an Insight into the prospects of Finance in A/B/C. Or it won't be a wise decision?

1 comment
Tridisha
@Tridisha  ·  29 karma

The executive MBA is a full-time, 1-year MBA. If you think it can enhance you professionally and personally, go ahead and apply. On prospects of Finance, many companies do hire from these top colleges. Please go through the website and placement analysis reports and make your decision

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...