IIM Calcutta Official Thread for PGPEX Class of 2018 (PGPEX 2017-18)

210 Posts  ·  2,335 Users
About this group

IIM Calcutta Official Thread for PGPEX Class of 2018 (PGPEX 2017-18)

Page 1 of 21

Hi, Please evaluate my profile

Age/37

I'm a commerece graduate I completed my graduation in 2002. but I'm having 2nd division in all Xth, XIIth, and B.Com. I'm also having gap between job and study as handled family business for 2 years.  

I've completed PG (MBA) in Multiple streams thru Distance Learning. i.e. Information Technology, Technical Writing, Supply Chain Management,  Business Analytics & Digital Marketing. I got 1st Division in all PG diploma or executive MBA 

I'm certified in Project Management & Service Management. i.e. Prince2 Practitioner & ITIL Expert. I've also completed Project Management course from XLRI. I'm doing Senior Management Programme (Part time) from IIM-Cal 

I'm having 11 years of experience in IT and 3 Years in Finance & Accounts. I have worked as a Business Analyst & Solution Architect with multiple software companies. including HCL, Hitachi & Accenture . I also worked in Finance Dept of Indiabulls Financial Services Limited. 

I've handled international clients for Microsoft ERP implementation i.e. US, Singapore, Canada, China & Middleeast

I'm looking for 1 year regular  executive MBA from any IIM, XLRI or ISB

Please suggest

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can you please judge my profile IIM C

I have 8 years of IT experinece in one of U S based MNC as a senior analyst, with B.Tech from cochin university with 68%, XII 78, X 89. In GMAT test scoring more than 720 marks and plan to get upto 750. I have a knowledge of French and Spanish language . Working for NGO run by my organization for environment initiavtives and teaching poor children on freee time

2 comments
Tridisha
@Tridisha  ·  37 karma

With the limited information given, you have strong chances. Again, a lot depends on your detailed profile and how you present it to the admissions commitee. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sefef
@sefef  ·  55 karma

High GMAT score will help but lot depends on SOP's, interview, referrals. This is not 2 year program where 750 GMAT score or 90% + in 10th and 12th standard can fetch you admission

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I've gone through a number of experience videos over the net. I just need to know whether is it necessary to have an international exposure to get admission into PGPEX program of IIMC

2 comments
sefef
@sefef  ·  55 karma

not mandatory but anything that can differentiate your profile from others will be helpful

Tridisha
@Tridisha  ·  37 karma

International experience is not necessary. There ar many other ways of standing out from the crowd of applicants. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

According to the website of IIM Kolkata, two letters of recommendation need to be submitted. I will get one letter of recommendation from my manager in TCS where I am currently working. Can anyone please suggest me from which places I can get the other letter of recommendation?

SUNANDA GHOSH
1 comment
IIMCPGPEX
@IIMCPGPEX  ·  352 karma

@Dipghosh: you can get another one from same organization or previous org.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, I have GMAT score of 640. Electrical and electronics engineer with 8.32. 10th 81%,12th 70%, 6 years of working experience in data analytics. Please let me know the chances of getting a call.

1 comment
sefef
@sefef  ·  55 karma

Please try to get increase your GMAT score to 700+ to have any chance.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have 73 in 12th 89 in 10th is there any chnage of iim c.. category nc-obc

1 comment
vaga331
@vaga331  ·  4 karma

please provide full profile details

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

for those of you following this page and have got admission to IIMC PGPEX 2018-19 ,  We have a watsp group for admits. please watspp me at <masked> and ill add you to the group. Thanks!  

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Sharing my interview experiences for those looking to apply next year.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/interview-experience-iim-calcutta-1-year-mba-pgpex-256585.html

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@IIMCPGPEX : Is there a seperate waitlist which will be released ?

Thank you

Shubham

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
ShubhamTrip
@ShubhamTrip  ·  2 karma

@IIMCPGPEX : Any information on the same ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
IIMCPGPEX
@IIMCPGPEX  ·  352 karma

Sorry for late reply. There will be waitlist around mid January, should any vacancies arise

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all, this is to confirm that the results for PGPEX batch 12 are out. PGPEX office has started informing successful candidates by email. The candidates can check the status in the website from Monday.

IIM Calcutta PGPEX ADCOM 
6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
diviMba
@diviMba  ·  0 karma

How do you know? Did you speak to the adcom?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
rajarshide86
@rajarshide86  ·  2 karma

yes I talked with the admin office. they only told me

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...