IIM Bangalore : Queries 2007-09

620 Posts  ·  166 Users
About this group
Dear peeps, Hearty congratulations to all successful call getters, in more than one word "you guys thoroughly deserved it for the amount of hard work and dedication you put towards these calls"Now, it's time to pull up your socks and prepare for...
Page 1 of 62

Got thru MDI PGPM course..and am now really in a big dilemma :sad:
MDI expects us to pay 85k before 1st May..and the way OBC reservation issue is goin..chances r tat it mite not sort out bf4 tat...
any suggestion as to wat I shud be doin (needless to say tat if I get IIM-B, I wud ditch MDI for tat)...shud I wait for a day or two or maybe till the end of this week ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Why are ibanks mentioned separately?
Strange. Isn't ibanking all about raising finance for firms? ;)

Now that u raise it ... no it isnt all about raising finance for firms. sorry for the diverting post though. Been quite sometime since i spammed on PG.:)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Finally IIMB site officially communicates the delay in admissions!

http://www.iimb.ernet.in/iimb/docs/pgp07update.htm

It was surprising not to see any notice put up on iimb website till date!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello friends

I might be counting my eggs before they are hatched but still need to have an answer to this question urgently.I believe the results are going to be out by 12th or thereabouts.And what i have heard is that,after that we have 15 days to submit the fees and confirm our seats.Now,here is my problem.I am traveling abroad on official work for 1 month after tomorrow.So wont be available when the results are out.So if my family members can fill in the fees to confirm the seat?Will it be fine.coz if there are some forms etc where my signature are required as well in those 15 days,then i wont be able to do those.So is it that they just need to see the money and maybe my parents can sign and all on my behalf.Looking for help quickly in this regards.

Thanks friends.

don't worry, you dont need to fill too many forms... there's just 1 small form that needs to be filled and signed by you and submitted with the money. just ask admissions office if ur parents could sign the same which i feel shudnt be a problem.. after all thgey need just an assurance that u wud be taking up the seat..... so chill and go ahead with ur trip.

All the Best
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello friends

I might be counting my eggs before they are hatched but still need to have an answer to this question urgently.I believe the results are going to be out by 12th or thereabouts.And what i have heard is that,after that we have 15 days to submit the fees and confirm our seats.Now,here is my problem.I am traveling abroad on official work for 1 month after tomorrow.So wont be available when the results are out.So if my family members can fill in the fees to confirm the seat?Will it be fine.coz if there are some forms etc where my signature are required as well in those 15 days,then i wont be able to do those.So is it that they just need to see the money and maybe my parents can sign and all on my behalf.Looking for help quickly in this regards.

Thanks friends.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Sector-wise breakup:
Finance - 32%
Consulting - 32%
iBanks - 9%
Marketing - 14%
IT - 8%
Others - 5%

Why are ibanks mentioned separately?
Strange. Isn't ibanking all about raising finance for firms? 😉
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
gpriyanshu Says
I guess even IIMB has such a program.. FPM volunteers might be emailing you soon about the same.. Anyways, you can always post queries here or PM me ur id, will get u in touch with a few FPM students here...

Thanks Priyanshu

Senior FPM students of IIMB had really emailed me. They are really great in terms of providing candid and elaborate replies to all my questions.

I feel IIMB is a great place where I wish myself reach to do my FPM.

:

pc
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi,
is there any way of knowing the total number of seats in iimb this year? as per the website it is 240. is this the latest total? is there any info about increase in seats cos i guess there are more calls when compared to last year.

Thanks,
Bharath

280 including OBC reservations
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi,
is there any way of knowing the total number of seats in iimb this year? as per the website it is 240. is this the latest total? is there any info about increase in seats cos i guess there are more calls when compared to last year.

Thanks,
Bharath

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@gpriyanshu,

Glad that u understood the essence. But just to keep in mind, this is a public forum and we are allowed to put in here only details that are released by media cell.

Well placements have concluded, here are the excerpts from the press release:

Sector-wise breakup:
Finance - 32%
Consulting - 32%
iBanks - 9%
Marketing - 14%
IT - 8%
Others - 5%

Highlights:

-IIMB graduate directly recruited for a Vice President position in a leading Indian Private Equity firm
-IIMB Students now recruited at a level at par with leading international B-Schools such as Harvard Business School, Wharton Business School and Yale.
-Stock exchange regulator SEBI recruited from IIMB for the first time

Sorry but no statistics regarding salary figures, since as u know IIMB has taken a conscious decision in this regard.

-

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...