iim-A or L ABM CALL

33 Posts  ·  17 Users
About this group
HI GUYS, I AM ADITYA . WHEN ALL ENGINEERS OR COMMERCE R UNITING.WHY NOT ALL AGRICOS,VETY COMMUNICATE.CAN ALL THE IIM-ABM CATCHERS WILL POST UR PROFILE.UR PROFILE WILL BE GR8 HELP 4 OTHERS.PLZ POST UR 10TH.12TH.GRADUATION MARKS,SECTIONAL & OVERAL...
Page 1 of 4

my name sachin got call from IIm A..... abm
97.84%

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hello

my name is abhimanyu got call from abm a and l but was able to convert only l.
joining on 12 june but have some queries about this program ,its placements etc
my mail is abhimanyu83@rediff.com

people do reply

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys,

Let me answer some of Jyotiraditya ques. toooo

I am Govind Agrawal from Indore
completed my B.E. (Mechanical Engg.) from SGSITS, Indore this year

got 75.12 percentile in CAT 2003

DI: 73.9
Quant: 93.4
Verbal: 46.09

10th: 81.8 % (46th Merit in M.P)
12th: 75 % CBSE

Have special interest in AB
due to our family business of cold storage

Didn't got through this year....
though my GD/PI was really tooooooo gooood.
feedback available at http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/viewtopic.php?t=2979

But its true that 90 + percentile is very necessary for ABM at IIMA
i have met people with Agri bckgrd and percentile of 64 with GD/PI call

I am placed through Campus at Blue Star Ltd., Mumbai in Cold Storage Dept.
will work there for a year and again try CAT 2004

I had joined Professional Tutorials this year..... so don't plan to join any classes
will look for test series later on.

rest is going great.

Govind

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Reg maths texts, i dunno the text ur referring o,so no commens tere,,,sticking to a single text is never advisable,coz as the moreno of problems u familiarise with,more will ur confidence grow.

Then. am not a verbal expert,plz dont have any such misconceptions...
regarding carcking Rc and verbal,i suggest that u follow ur own fundas and find out what ur comfortable with.This is so coz what i am strong in may not work out for u.i used to do verbal first...get some solid marks on theanswr sheet,boost my confidence thus and then do RC.I read the passage first,then go to the qs and answer them....i dont exactly remember the qs i attempted and all,nut my net score was around 54-55...In maths around 7.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

shogun,
as u r a verbal xpert,what is the right way of doing r.c.first reading passage than qs or otherwise.plz show us way buddy
jyotiraditya

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

shogun,
for quant last year i had done abhijeetguha frm tmh.it was also same or better than agrawal.should i stick to it or go to agrawal.cause 4 damp show in math was poor revision of funda. last year how many qs had u solved in total .and how many right and wrong.i had total solved 86.right 66-68.wrong 18-20.%ile 99.07.ur case
jyotiraditya

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear jyotir,
was outta station for a few days.hence the delay.TIME maths stuff is good,IMS BRM are too frugal.Better get some career materials in maths and quantitative aptitude by Agrawal.This book is a must for CAt aspirants.i strongly recommend it.

Sorry to hear Anish ,that u missed out on A.i am sure u will try harder n be ther the coming year.

Jyotir,,since u have already managed a good CAT score and had some gen MBA calls also,i dont think u need worry too much about ur preps,I am sure u r on the right track to IIMA...So cut the unnecessary tensions/anxiety if any.Be cool n ur through....ALso competition is getting harder by the day and now even general candidates with interest in agri can apply ABm.So i would not make such a broad sweeping statement like Anish.IIT kharagpur n some others have food science/agri tech programme.the competitors are vying for 20 general seats for ABM at IIMA.So that means nothing comes easy...U have to fight it out...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

anish,
surely u will make dude.how much time are u giving 4 cat. last year did u prepare urself,how is ur quant.supplement ur vb with quant walls of iim-a beckons u buddy.be in touch.all the best
aditya

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

HI shogun,abhi and aditya............

first of all ....congrats to abhi and shogun for making it to IIML and IIMA respectively.....one helluva job guys.......me was not that lucky though....Aditya....i had joined IMS test series....since i am workin with coke...cud not spare enough time for classes....

well.............no call from IIML but got a call from IIMA...thought i did quite well in the GD......but to no use.....Adi.....where r u from...?i still think making it to ABM is not that big a deal...may be this yr yarr....Hope ...shogun`ll be our senior there...

Anish

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

shogun and abhi u both r very nice guys.i amprivileged one to be in urs contact

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...