IIM A-ABM vs FMS?

9 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
Hi Guys....I got IIM A-ABM and FMS converted this year, but i am in a huge confusion regarding which is better IIM A-ABM or FMS, for a fresher like me. I will be passing out this year with an integrated Mtech degree from IIT-BHU and and got 99.76 ...
Page 1 of 1
raiyanwasi Says
it is a bit off topic,,but could anyone highlight the ABM programme in general,,and what is the placement scene at IIM L-ABM??

Please post the query here http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2012-14-iim-ahmedabad-pgp-abm-final-results-25080868

@JU123
Congratulations for the converts! 😃

Few puys have already suggested in response. Please use PM to further discuss the case with other seniors/students from IIM-A and FMS.

All the best!
** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

ABM is a specialized course and FMS provides a choice of choosing a specialization one wants to pursue MBA in .

Frankly speaking , MBA is about a career rather than just brand , ROI , fees , location ..

So keep in mind which career you want to choose before choosing a course

You can PM seniors of both courses to have a better outlook . Comparisons on PG are not allowed

IMI PGDM 2010-12 | CAT 2009- 95.15 
Hi Guys....I got IIM A-ABM and FMS converted this year, but i am in a huge confusion regarding which is better IIM A-ABM or FMS, for a fresher like me. I will be passing out this year with an integrated Mtech degree from IIT-BHU and and got 99.76 percentile in CAT 2011.

Would really appreciate all your inputs....Thanks in advance...

After seeing so many careers I came to believe that the brand name of the institute is the only thing.
What would you trade "this moment" for?
Hi Guys....I got IIM A-ABM and FMS converted this year, but i am in a huge confusion regarding which is better IIM A-ABM or FMS, for a fresher like me. I will be passing out this year with an integrated Mtech degree from IIT-BHU and and got 99.76 percentile in CAT 2011.

As far as ranking concerned, IIMA has been ranked no.11 in the world FOR PGP program, Not for ABM.
And Placement scenarios make huge difference.
IIM A ABM
Avg Salary > around 10 lac
Fees > around 14 lac
FMS
Avg salary > around 16 lac
Fees > 22000 including hostel

Now its up to you.. If I had had these choice then I'd have gone for FMS without posting a thread here.
Alex_Mahone Says
Please join FMS. IIM A may be IIM A but ABM is ABM and not PGDM. Dont let the brand decide the course u want to study.When the course is same, then consider the brand. My 2 cents..Important assumption which i have made- You are not interested in ABM.

I do agree with you, but then as kunal.kabir mentioned...down the line...won't the brand name matter more...IIM A is known even to international firms but it's not the same scenario for FMS.

Please join FMS. IIM A may be IIM A but ABM is ABM and not PGDM. Dont let the brand decide the course u want to study.When the course is same, then consider the brand. My 2 cents..Important assumption which i have made- You are not interested in ABM.
Abhishek Sivaraman - IIM L
kunal.kabir Says
IIMA is IIMA.....world's 11th best b school....wat else i should say

But I converted ABM not PGP course of IIM A...and from what i have heard...even the placement scenarios are different for both the courses and a bit difficult for a fresher.

IIMA is IIMA.....world's 11th best b school....wat else i should say