IIFT Final Converts (2015-17)- Official

127 Posts  ·  473 Users
About this group

Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Official Group for 2015-17 Final Converts. This will be used to communicate to you all relevant and necessary information.

Page 1 of 13

What is the min cutoff for iift conversion

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

i dont have central level obc certificate.if i qualify for the second round will they disqualify me please reply

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

can i appoly for loan amount as  soon as i receive the offer letter from iift delhi

2 comments
Mohan112
@Mohan112  ·  0 karma

how much time does it  take for get the loan?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Mohan112
@Mohan112  ·  0 karma

will i get the loan for booking seat at iift ??

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello puys,

I am an IIFT aspirant and have taken my exams this year. As per the various answer key published and their projected cutoffs, i may fell 1-2 marks short of getting the call from IIFT Delhi.

Does the cutoffs for IIFT Delhi and IIFT kolkata remain same ??

If not..whats the difference(considering the past year records) in their cutoff scores..??

All Men Must Serve
2 comments
vebsi5
@vebsi5  ·  208 karma

@abhishekBruno  Sorry dude but there is no difference at all. Although u might b interested in knowing that the cut off predicted by most classes were 2-3 marks more than actual cut off last year. ATB

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
tmldtt
@tmldttIIM Bangalore  ·  640 karma

Valar morghulis. To score around the predicted cutoff is a borderline case. It can go either way. Good luck. 😃

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What was the min entrance score at which a seat was secured at IIFT D/K... ??

PS: Not the cut off...but the entrance score of the last person converting the coveted.

All Men Must Serve
17 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Does iift require only central level NC OBC certificate or state level certificate is sufficient for OBC student who has converted

Waiting for great signature
2 comments
Stylos
@Stylos  ·  1 karma

For IIFT, NC- OBC certificate has to be in Central Government format. My area regional collector office authorities are saying they done have any 'such' central government format. When i wrote to IIFT, that i wont be able to submit NC-OBC certificate in standard format, they replied "Then you will have to appear for exam as General category student.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
maheshrocks
@maheshrocks  ·  315 karma

Thnks @Stylos 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Note To IIFT batch 15-17

This post, I am copying from PG, the welcome note which one of my senior posted for us. The post was relevent back then, and it is relevant today as well. Specially when I was there at IIFT for two years, I can say every word of this post is true........... http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iift-2014-16-final-converts-25114978

Firstly, some gyan for the Kolkata students:-

1. I Have seen in batches that some Kolkata students have this inferiority complex that they could not make it to Delhi. Some are even intimidated by the seniors into believing that their Delhi peers are stalwarts. And some Delhi batch students also think likewise having a superiority complex. My advice to the Kolkata batch would be "just kick aside all such boorish thoughts" out of your minds. U ppl are equally/ more capable of ur Delhi peers. In my batch, it was proved by many ppl. I am sure u must be hearing good things about them. So, plz keep urselves motivated. The day u feel u r inferior, half the battle in a B-School is lost. 2. There will be some very good ppl in the Delhi batch who would like tointeract and share a good camaraderie with Kolkata students. Please try to find such ppl on ur visits to the Delhi campus. Networking with them can be very handy. There will be some nincompoops in Delhi who wud any ways think they are the creme de la creme as they made it to Delhi campus. Its gud to avoid them completely. The same advice holds true for Delhi batch students. 3. Shifting to a new campus can actually throw up a lot of opportunities for Kolkata. Please try to exploit those as a batch. Now some gyan for the whole 15-17(Delhi/Kolkata) s a whole:- 1. No college is perfect and so is IIFT. There are 1/2 things which will particularly irk most of u and thaw few of ur expectations from a TopB_school. Plz dont get demoralised as virtuous batches have graduated even with the same things in place and they have done the alma mater proud. If u have substance, u will reach a good place. 2. Lethargy in a B-School is poisonous. Plz try to involve urselves in some activities. U might not like studying. Thts fine. There are lots of different constructive things to do. Only devoting time to fag, booze, maal, exchange students, etc. arent gonna help u in the long term. 3. Do participate in select competitions. Choose competitions wisely. They are an immense platform of knowledge and a way to tell the outsiders that we are a great bunch and we are not just into trade. 4. IIFT is the biggest name in India for Trade. Even if u r not interested in Trade, plz try to pick up as much as possible from the mandatory subjects. There's no harm in doing that, ab IIFt me aa hi gaye ho to thoda trade jaan lo. U never know how it might help u once u enter corporate. 5. There are ppl who love doing politics. Right from PORs to the GD group cartels, etc. As a batch try to despise such guys. One should try to garner good faith in these 2 years. Rascals like these are like weeds. 6. There will be certain seniors who would only misguide you. Once, u ppl enter u will come to know of such seniors. Do avoid them. 7. Fortune does play a big role in B-Schools. U ppl will start seeing this when ur summers begin and this will continue even in the Finals. What I want to highlight here is that u ppl need to focus on "smart learning" rather than just "learning". Do not get intimidated by anyone. It happens with most of the ppl when u feel every1 is better than u when u have a look at their profiles. Even I experienced the same. But the myths kept getting busted as and when time passed. Some of u might get devastated on getting a bad summers. Again, u need to pick urselves up. Battle is not lost in the summers. If u have done something in the 2 years, finals shall be rewarding. 8. Do party hard when u have the batch parties. They are some of the memorable moments for good and naughty reasons ;). 9. Lastly, and most importantly, this is an important year for IIFT. Its the golden jubilee year. Both the current batches need to make a lot of noise about this fact. Devote time for activities spreading good word of mouth. It will directly help in placements also. I have sounded very pedantic and do pardon me if the above lines were a dose of vagaries. All the best and do every1 proud. As an alum I am sure I will do everything possible in my might to help the institute. Hope to meet u ppl during Alum nights.

IIFT 2013-15
9 likes2 comments
magnuscarlsen
@magnuscarlsen  ·  0 karma

thank u dear sir

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
jmayer10
@jmayer10MDI Gurgaon  ·  1,616 karma

INSPIRATIONAL 👌 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone leaving for kolkata from sealdah rajdhani on 29th?? Let's join...

Calls-DFS,IIFT,XIMB,MDI,IIT Kgp,Madras
1 like1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

If a candidate with poor profile converts call to IIFT, would his past hound during placement season? To what extent does candidate's past  matter during placement? I am asking not only about IIFT but also about other B schools...but particularly IIFT because it is largely profile independent...Plz help

99.3 in CET.OHU.open category.hoping for simsree
1 like2 comments
Niel_58
@Niel_58  ·  0 karma

all matters on you! and i am no expert,in the end all matters on you,how you chase your dreams..

no_use
@no_use  ·  198 karma

It does matter. It will surely haunt you. All your 10/12/Grad scores would be considered by companies before shortlisting you for the process. It would be as random as it can be. But be assured that you will get your chances and if you make use of it you can get a decent job. Might not your choice of job but yes, it wont be bad as well. So, inshort, yes it will affect to a large extent but it wont be so bad that you wont even get a decent placement. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

JBIMS MSC finance v/s Iift Kolkata?

Inputs please !

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
n_W_o
@n_W_o  ·  0 karma

JBIMS

Like  ·  Reply  ·