IIFT 2015

1,908 Posts  ·  4,873 Users
About this group
Guys please let me know which one is better than the other, delhi or kolkata
Page 1 of 191

//Selling 100 GB Materials @ Rs. 300 for MBA-2020 & other competitive exams//At the heart of scoring a good percentage lies repeated and rigorous practice from a variety of sources.
Details about the materials-
· Quantity- 90 GB Materials
· Mode- Google Drives
· Payment link and details-
https://rzp.io/l/nCEAlVR (Samples and detailed description available on the website)
· Usage-
MBA Exams, Banking Exams, Any and all exams with an aptitude section
· Free- MEGA Folder containing additional materials related to MBA and GRE  (MEGA Account required)   
· Price-
Rs. 500 (40% discount) = Rs. 300
·  Testimonials- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uWfracr6T3TioiI2hF9nGHMCDImT4Wtf?usp=sharing
· Contact-
mbamaterials3@gmail.com
mbamaterials2@gmail.com

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How to prepare for iift gd pi? What r the topics one should focus on? 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What is the marking scheme of iift about wrong questions??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello waitlisters and fresh IIFT converts

Though it is great that you love to clarify your doubts and get the best possible out of the options you have, the method that some of you seem to be following is against the simple ethical norms while commenting on such forums.

Right intent when clubbed with wrong methodology, often leads  you downhill and here, when you stand on the precipice of a management career, it can be apt to expect professionalism from you guys.

First, let's not make this a college comparison forum. You're a member of this forum as you have shown interest in pursuing your masters from IIFT. Hence, keep your doubts limited to IIFT and don't state the pros or cons of other b-schools.

Second, as I have reiterated time and again, don't go by hearsay. The past students/alums and current students from IIFT are the ones who will provide you with bonafide info. We have the reviews of several students for your perusal here:

collegebol.com/colleges/indian-institute-of-foreign-trade-kolkata-iift-reviews-1928/

Instead of arguing over half baked statements that are not backed by statistics, try to read these reviews and know more about the school. 

Thirdly, as you anxiously wait for the final results, utilize your time wisely. Though all of you won't make it to IIFT, but presuming that you have a decent pedigree, you will eventually make it to a good b-school. From my experience, I would suggest you guys to dabble through MIT OCW/ Coursera.

For economics, finance and the works, use a mix of Khan Academy, Damodaran and investopedia.

Also, for the converts, our clubs have floated assignments on the Facebook group already. Do attempt them.

Let's all try to make the most out of Pagalguy and occupy ourselves in constructive discussions rather than indulge in mud slinging and denigrating X school over a Y school. Think long term. Act mature.

Regards

Udit Bhatia

Joint Media Coordinator, IMF Student's Council

IIFT 15-17
2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

When will the official list of the new converts (From Waitlist) be displayed on IIFT website?

1 comment
Desh1
@Desh1  ·  0 karma

Never 😁

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear waitlisted candidates

Hope you're doing well

I can definitely sense that there's an anxiety regarding the WL movement (received several pings over past few weeks citing concerns over minimal or slow WL movement), so, as someone who experienced it exactly a year ago, all I can advise you is to be patient as last year most of the waitlisted candidates got confirmation around mid-June only. The trends are expected to be more or less same this year as well. 

I wish you all the best and earnestly hope you make it to IIFT!

Regards

Udit Bhatia

Joint Media Coordinator, IMF Students' Council

IIFT

IIFT 15-17
4 likes1 comment
rahul369c
@rahul369c  ·  0 karma

Thanks Udit! That came as a relief.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What is the scope of international bussiness course in mba?

1 comment
ashz.rockzz
@ashz.rockzz  ·  45 karma

Very good if you have converted..... Nil if u r in wl or rejected !!!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello frnds is it true that iift dosent give any weightage to past academic ?? Frnds pls share ur opinion and views on this i am a apirant and have low grades .

narayan
10 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 10
ashz.rockzz
@ashz.rockzz  ·  45 karma

This is a very big misconception.... Weak Acads in MBA field is ALWAYS a weak string.... Unless you have top notch extra-currics to compensate for the grades , it becomes very very difficult to convince the iterviewers about the reason... But if you have good years of experience with you then it gets compensated slightly... So never let go of acads .. ok if it has dropped for some reason,, introspect and then get it on track becoz if you are in MBA boat buddy acads is one of the paddles...                                                         P.S.- I speak from my IIFT PI experience...

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
adityagarg007
@adityagarg007  ·  0 karma

Totally agreed with what @ashz.rockzz said.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear IIFTians

Firstly, I would like to congratulate all of you for making it to this prestigious institute. We as media committee will try to to our best and make your induction into IIFT as smooth as possible.

Let me clear some generic queries
1. If your name features in any of the lists- you have a CONFIRMED seat in Kolkata or Delhi (whatever the case may be). Yes, you can file your resignation. You are in.

2. We're repeatedly getting queries regarding merit list numbers for those who have converted Kolkata. See, Delhi list has around 340 names, so, essentially there are buffer calls. The waitlist will be disclosed only once there are confirmed withdrawals and movement from Kolkata to Delhi.

At this point of time, we don't have any official confirmation that when the wait lists will be out. So, please be patient and relax. As per last year trends, it may take anything from 2 weeks to a month.

3. Do not rely on rumours regarding anything pertaining to IIFT admission process. Only rely on the official channels which are governed by Media Committee. We don't have any bearing or consideration on what a non-authorized person/channel posts about IIFT and so should you.

4. Individual weightage of components is not disclosed by IIFT.

5. IIFT being one of the earliest schools to declare results, all students will get ample time to pay the fee etc. So, you need not jump the gun. Wait for the mail from admin and act.

6. Refer to Admission brochure/prospectus for any contact details

We will keep you posted regularly about the latest developments and info we get from admin.

Cheers!!
Udit Bhatia
Jt. Media Coordinator
IIFT Delhi and Kolkata

IIFT 15-17
4 likes5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
sid_791
@sid_791IIFT  ·  350 karma

@uditdelhi Any till when can we expect that list ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
uditdelhi
@uditdelhi  ·  249 karma

As per last year trends it should be out in another 15 days. Nothing can be said for certain though.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

At what %ile range you got shortlisted for IIFT in general category?

96.00 - 96.50
96.51 - 97.00
97.01 - 97.50
97.51 - 98.00
98.01 - 98.50
98.51 - 99.00
99.01 - 99.50
99.51 - 100.00
CAT'15 - 99.36
1 like157 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.