How to prepare for iift gd pi? What r the topics one should focus on?
Hello waitlisters and fresh IIFT converts
Though it is great that you love to clarify your doubts and get the best possible out of the options you have, the method that some of you seem to be following is against the simple ethical norms while commenting on such forums.
Right intent when clubbed with wrong methodology, often leads you downhill and here, when you stand on the precipice of a management career, it can be apt to expect professionalism from you guys.
First, let's not make this a college comparison forum. You're a member of this forum as you have shown interest in pursuing your masters from IIFT. Hence, keep your doubts limited to IIFT and don't state the pros or cons of other b-schools.
Second, as I have reiterated time and again, don't go by hearsay. The past students/alums and current students from IIFT are the ones who will provide you with bonafide info. We have the reviews of several students for your perusal here:
Instead of arguing over half baked statements that are not backed by statistics, try to read these reviews and know more about the school.
Thirdly, as you anxiously wait for the final results, utilize your time wisely. Though all of you won't make it to IIFT, but presuming that you have a decent pedigree, you will eventually make it to a good b-school. From my experience, I would suggest you guys to dabble through MIT OCW/ Coursera.
For economics, finance and the works, use a mix of Khan Academy, Damodaran and investopedia.
Also, for the converts, our clubs have floated assignments on the Facebook group already. Do attempt them.
Let's all try to make the most out of Pagalguy and occupy ourselves in constructive discussions rather than indulge in mud slinging and denigrating X school over a Y school. Think long term. Act mature.
Joint Media Coordinator, IMF Student's Council
When will the official list of the new converts (From Waitlist) be displayed on IIFT website?
Dear waitlisted candidates
Hope you're doing well
I can definitely sense that there's an anxiety regarding the WL movement (received several pings over past few weeks citing concerns over minimal or slow WL movement), so, as someone who experienced it exactly a year ago, all I can advise you is to be patient as last year most of the waitlisted candidates got confirmation around mid-June only. The trends are expected to be more or less same this year as well.
I wish you all the best and earnestly hope you make it to IIFT!
Joint Media Coordinator, IMF Students' Council
What is the scope of international bussiness course in mba?
Hello frnds is it true that iift dosent give any weightage to past academic ?? Frnds pls share ur opinion and views on this i am a apirant and have low grades .
Firstly, I would like to congratulate all of you for making it to this prestigious institute. We as media committee will try to to our best and make your induction into IIFT as smooth as possible.
Let me clear some generic queries
1. If your name features in any of the lists- you have a CONFIRMED seat in Kolkata or Delhi (whatever the case may be). Yes, you can file your resignation. You are in.
2. We're repeatedly getting queries regarding merit list numbers for those who have converted Kolkata. See, Delhi list has around 340 names, so, essentially there are buffer calls. The waitlist will be disclosed only once there are confirmed withdrawals and movement from Kolkata to Delhi.
At this point of time, we don't have any official confirmation that when the wait lists will be out. So, please be patient and relax. As per last year trends, it may take anything from 2 weeks to a month.
3. Do not rely on rumours regarding anything pertaining to IIFT admission process. Only rely on the official channels which are governed by Media Committee. We don't have any bearing or consideration on what a non-authorized person/channel posts about IIFT and so should you.
4. Individual weightage of components is not disclosed by IIFT.
5. IIFT being one of the earliest schools to declare results, all students will get ample time to pay the fee etc. So, you need not jump the gun. Wait for the mail from admin and act.
6. Refer to Admission brochure/prospectus for any contact details
We will keep you posted regularly about the latest developments and info we get from admin.
Jt. Media Coordinator
IIFT Delhi and Kolkata
At what %ile range you got shortlisted for IIFT in general category?
IIFT 2016-18 Delhi - 339 calls(Last year - 308)
IIFT 2016-18 Kolkata- 226