IIFT 2011 Discussions (Official)

880 Posts  ·  299 Users
About this group
Hi All, Since IIFT has come up with its 2011 official notification, we (the IIFT Student community) felt that we should start an official thread to respond to various queries related with the IIFT entrance preparation. Please feel free to sho...
Page 1 of 88
good one,
Sanu bhai (or not sure if you are Sanu Mam ), Utsav bhai ka post ka inner meaning samjho

I kno but still it hurts to be knocked out in 2 sectionals according to his sarcastic cut off 😛
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

itne pe fix kar de?
increase ya decrease karwani ho to bata dena. hum log yahan pe cutoffs decide karne k liye hi baithe hai.

Dude do u think only 100 people will get call????
if ur putting sectionals like this then i dnt think more than 100 people wil b able 2 attend...

good one,
Sanu bhai (or not sure if you are Sanu Mam ), Utsav bhai ka post ka inner meaning samjho
My final season - Calls - IIM A, L, S, RRRTUK, MDI, IIFT, FMS, NITIE - ITM, XLRI - HR, IIT B,D,K, XIMB, SIBM P, SCMHRD | Converts - MDI, IIFT D, NITIE - ITM, IIM S, IIM RRK, XIMB | Skipped - IIT D, K, SCMHRD | Final Verdict - MDI PGPM Class of 2014
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Yes there will be sectional cut offs
RC around 5-6
VA around 5-6
QA around 10-12
DI around 5-6
LR around 10-12
GK around 4-5

Kitna ban gaya total ? 5+5+10+5+10+4 on the lower side 39
6+6+12+6+12+5 on the higher side 47.

itne pe fix kar de?
increase ya decrease karwani ho to bata dena. hum log yahan pe cutoffs decide karne k liye hi baithe hai.

Dude do u think only 100 people will get call????
if ur putting sectionals like this then i dnt think more than 100 people wil b able 2 attend...
one thing is sure no sectionals....if there was any sectionals, they wud hav never kept 6 sections...clearing 6 sectional cut off is not a joke :P
and overall cut off will also never be 47...ur forgetting its IIFT with 120 Decent level questions in 120minutes...cut off will b near 40 , at max 42 nothing more...n i wont b surprised 2 see even less cut off....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
avinash13500 Says
can anyone tell me is der any SECTIONAL CUT OFF..??? pls.. if possible msg me..:)

Yes there will be sectional cut offs
RC around 5-6
VA around 5-6
QA around 10-12
DI around 5-6
LR around 10-12
GK around 4-5

Kitna ban gaya total ? 5+5+10+5+10+4 on the lower side 39
6+6+12+6+12+5 on the higher side 47.

itne pe fix kar de?
PGPM 2012 - 2014, MDI Gurgaon || Coach Dil(li)wale Dreamers Team 2012
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

can anyone tell me is der any SECTIONAL CUT OFF..??? pls.. if possible msg me..:)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
abhijitonline Says
What a discriminatory comment against women. Lack of ability huh? I feel sorry for you man. Get well soon.

Its a fact ...i never said women r dumb :P
but if ur so blind that u cant see the % of girls in top engineering colz...go check ur eyes ...or may b ur brain
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Must say its a very partisan and subjective view of the whole scenario. But since you enjoy it i thought u might like this one too

Engineer - Is it true that commerce students are generally weak in maths?
Commerce- Yes ofcourse we are.. We are poor guys who were never good at maths even at class 10 level and are expected to compete with engineers (paraphrasing )

Engineer- So obviously you have no idea about triple integrals, gauss jacobian , vectors and stuff, now would you ?
Commerce- WTF man .. you ask me a tough question on purpose, like i said we are poor at maths.

Engineer- Yes i was just messing with you .Don't worry neither do i. But if you dont know all that i suppose you wouldn't happen to know pythagoras' theorem, area of a circle, value of pi, or maybe sin 90??
Commerce- Well i do , but still its so unfair, i know that much.

Engineer- That's a start, you are half way there , let me help you with the other. Now since i'll be giving you pearls here , you better start taking notes

First of all , its a myth, that we become engineers because we are traditionally good at maths. Truth is we like to tread a safer route in life. Medico is too much hard work, commerce n arts don't offer any surety for the future , atleast in our opinion, so we stick to science and engineering, hoping life would be easier

Next, once in engineering, we get to know what maths is actually. Those are the times you guys want to stay away from us. Give me a kalashnikov and show me a guy who says i am supposed to be "traditionally" good at maths.

Next comes CAT- Aah, atleast this should be easier for us. Afterall, its got maths, and i have to be good at it, this would give me an edge. But wait what do i see, CAT too has ditched me. Where are all those land mines, time traps, which were supposed to hand me the advantage. Its all about solving two equations simultaneously, finding ratios:sneaky:

So where do i go from here now, should i try for IAS with history and political science as my majors. Heck no, i wouldn't do that , i know where my strengths lie. But what about you buddy, why are u trying for CAT, its only all too unfair. You are disadvantaged because of maths, which i find hard to believe, and m sure even you agree with me by now. But if you genuinely find it difficult, try harder and come out on top or chose another field of study:biggrin:

Psst..psst..stay away from fellow grads of yours, who try to build up the myth of grave injustices and flagrant prejudices. You now know the inside story. A parting word of wisdom from engineers, and i take the liberty of speaking for the whole lot... When in doubt :drinking: .

ATB to every one out there, engineers and non engineers alike :cheerio:

Really entertaining reply to my post.. :)

... Though you missed the point I was trying to make. A poor hsitory student who left maths at 10th level an never returned to it till now cannot be expected to be on the same footing as an engineer who is hands on...

I am a science grad . I refute your claim that we (science/ engineering) folks have no upper hand in CAT etc. Just think, even we read about the Incas and the Mayans in our school history class, but how much of it do we remember today? We havnt picked up the history books in ages. The same applies to an arts grad who hasnt touched maths in ages. All formulae and applications are long forgotten. Moreover, the type of maths questions asked in CAT etc (esp Geiometry, trigo) have hardly any application in business management. Why should someone out of touch with these topics (read Arts grads) be tested on the same? This directly benefits us (read Science/ Engg grads).

But yes, the issue should be discussed in a proper forum and not on this thread. I herewith bury any further comments from my side and wish you all the luck....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
We have requested all of you several times to stop this discussion on this thread. You always have the option of opening another thread..right?? How will a next year aspirant find any information here !!

Point taken sir .
The trouble with being in the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

We have requested all of you several times to stop this discussion on this thread. You always have the option of opening another thread..right?? How will a next year aspirant find any information here !!

@mods : Plz close this thread. I think it has served its purpose, no one needs it anymore.

For all the information about IIFT, visit IIFT's official Page - https://www.facebook.com/IIFT.MBA1
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Reposting an earlier post to help you get my perspective:

Engineer. WTF... You are asking me such a tough question on purpose.
A. Doesnt CAT ask tough questions too?? And poor guys who were never good at maths even at class 10 level are expected to compete with engineers. How is that fair?

And the argument continues....

Must say its a very partisan and subjective view of the whole scenario. But since you enjoy it i thought u might like this one too

Engineer - Is it true that commerce students are generally weak in maths?
Commerce- Yes ofcourse we are.. We are poor guys who were never good at maths even at class 10 level and are expected to compete with engineers (paraphrasing )

Engineer- So obviously you have no idea about triple integrals, gauss jacobian , vectors and stuff, now would you ?
Commerce- WTF man .. you ask me a tough question on purpose, like i said we are poor at maths.

Engineer- Yes i was just messing with you .Don't worry neither do i. But if you dont know all that i suppose you wouldn't happen to know pythagoras' theorem, area of a circle, value of pi, or maybe sin 90??
Commerce- Well i do , but still its so unfair, i know that much.

Engineer- That's a start, you are half way there , let me help you with the other. Now since i'll be giving you pearls here , you better start taking notes

First of all , its a myth, that we become engineers because we are traditionally good at maths. Truth is we like to tread a safer route in life. Medico is too much hard work, commerce n arts don't offer any surety for the future , atleast in our opinion, so we stick to science and engineering, hoping life would be easier

Next, once in engineering, we get to know what maths is actually. Those are the times you guys want to stay away from us. Give me a kalashnikov and show me a guy who says i am supposed to be "traditionally" good at maths.

Next comes CAT- Aah, atleast this should be easier for us. Afterall, its got maths, and i have to be good at it, this would give me an edge. But wait what do i see, CAT too has ditched me. Where are all those land mines, time traps, which were supposed to hand me the advantage. Its all about solving two equations simultaneously, finding ratios:sneaky:

So where do i go from here now, should i try for IAS with history and political science as my majors. Heck no, i wouldn't do that , i know where my strengths lie. But what about you buddy, why are u trying for CAT, its only all too unfair. You are disadvantaged because of maths, which i find hard to believe, and m sure even you agree with me by now. But if you genuinely find it difficult, try harder and come out on top or chose another field of study:biggrin:

Psst..psst..stay away from fellow grads of yours, who try to build up the myth of grave injustices and flagrant prejudices. You now know the inside story. A parting word of wisdom from engineers, and i take the liberty of speaking for the whole lot... When in doubt :drinking: .

ATB to every one out there, engineers and non engineers alike :cheerio:
The trouble with being in the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...