IIFM FPM 2013-17 Admissions

13 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hello all, I am a third year FPM (Fellow Program in Management) student at IIFM, Bhopal. This thread is dedicated to IIFM's FPM admission-related queries. You may like to check out last year's thread at http://www.pagalguy.com/forums...
Page 1 of 2

Hello All, I Pragyesh Tripathi

My profile is as below:

10th: 69 %

12 th: 65 %

BSc (PCM): 58%

MSc (Geoinformatics): 58%

I have an work ex of 5 year in GIS process designing, project estimation and training.Currently working in Fugro Mumbai.

I am planning to an FPM in Operation Mangament from IIM. I appeared in CAT -2012 and got 75 %.

I am reappearing in CAT-2013 for better score and pursuing MBA (operation) in distance learning mode. I am very much interested in teaching and resarch.

Please advice me on profile , whether is okay as they are mostly concerned on background.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@sushantfpmiifm said:
@obvious No. without 5 yrs. work-ex., you cannot appear for research aptitude test..Sushant
ok ... my friend actually has quite a few years of experience in lecturing at colleges and working at research institutes and is on the verge of publication. I have conveyed the same to my friend although he got a bit disappointed as he is actually very much looking forward to IIFM. 😞 ... He is currently working on a public education project and till date could accumulate an experience of around 3.5 years only ... :(

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@obvious
@obvious said:
Thanks a ton Sushant for your prompt reply. ...Wanted to know a bit more.If someone hasn't qualified for any of the entrance tests like CAT, UGC-NET etc and have lesser work experience (Regards,
No. without 5 yrs. work-ex., you cannot appear for research aptitude test..
Sushant
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@sushantfpmiifm said:
@obvious Dear obvious,Yes, IIFM has a cut-off for FPM. I dont know the exact for last year. But I think it was around 70 percentile for FPM.Interview questions generally revolve around the area of specialization you have applied. Though no hardcore questions on environ. & forestry, but the panel expects you to have atleast general awareness about this sector. And lastly, why IIFM.Hope this helps..Sushant
Thanks a ton Sushant for your prompt reply. ...

Wanted to know a bit more.

If someone hasn't qualified for any of the entrance tests like CAT, UGC-NET etc and have lesser work experience (

Regards,
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@obvious Dear obvious,
Yes, IIFM has a cut-off for FPM. I dont know the exact for last year. But I think it was around 70 percentile for FPM.
Interview questions generally revolve around the area of specialization you have applied. Though no hardcore questions on environ. & forestry, but the panel expects you to have atleast general awareness about this sector. And lastly, why IIFM.

Hope this helps..
Sushant
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Sushant,

I am an aspirant for the FPM program at IIFM. I had appeared for CAT this year.
Is there any percentile cut off for getting calls from IIFM so far as FPM program is concerned ?

What type of questions are specifically asked in the interview / Are those environment-natural resources specific or work experience specific or acads specific or simply yhe statement of purpose ...

Thanks in advance...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks dear....

FPM(IIM Rohtak)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Muneza All the best for ur IIMs' admissions.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Yes...Me looking for Financial Management subject but not in context of Forest...But not sure whether me will get in to IIM or not...so I asked you...Do you have any idea which other institute offers FPM through JRF exam?

FPM(IIM Rohtak)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Muneza Dear Muneza, I assume that u r looking forward to pursue FPM in general management streams like HRM, Fin., Mark., etc. If this is the case, then no doubt IIMs is first choice for anyone. You should consider IIFM only if you want to apply general management concepts in the field of forestry, environment, etc. In other words, IIFM offers a blend / application of management fundas in this sector (forestry, environ., etc.).
I hope u got some clarity.
Please feel free to write back.
Cheers,
Sushant

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...