IIFM Bhopal Admissions 2009-11

1,640 Posts  ·  146 Users
About this group
Hello puys, The advertisement for admission to IIFM, Bhopal 2009-11 is already out. Check Indian Institute of Forest Management :: Admission for details regarding the important dates, fees, infrastructure, course curriculum etc. Let this...
Page 1 of 164

Dear All,

The official thread of IIFM admissions 2011-13 has been floated. The current students will be answering your queries. Please shift your discussions to the below mentioned link...
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...ml#post2266142 (IIFM Bhopal Admissions 2011-13)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear All,

The official thread of IIFM admissions 2011-13 has been floated. The current students will be answering your queries. Please shift your discussions to the below mentioned link...
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...ml#post2266142 (IIFM Bhopal Admissions 2011-13)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey hi ppl!!am not sure whether this question was covered earlier. but anyways someone please clear it. i saw about the placements in iifm. and saw that wwf was a recruiter. i want to have a career in wildlife conservation/management. is that beign covered in iifm.? and what is the work profile for wwf india?? and also what other companies come to hire in this field(wildlife management/conservation).

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The latest thread for the IIFM admission queries is located at
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...2010-12-a.html (IIFM Bhopal Admissions 2010-12)

Please post all your queries on this thread.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
prfs Says
What was the cut off for CAT 2007? What is the acad. weightage?

Just to add what Maverickindro said, cutoff for 2009-11 batch was not officially declared, one most important parameter is getting 55%tile in each section. If your overall score is above 84-85%tile, definitely you will get a call(loking at last 3years record), but higher the percentile, greater tthe probablity of conversion as CAT carries 70% weightage in final selection. In my batch(2009-11) most of the students are 90%tile +, a few exceptions with excellent academic record... so nothing to worry..just gear up for CAT
All the best
Mannjain
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

please post on this thread for admissions 2010-12 related queries...

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iifm-bhopal-admissions-2010-12-25044231

this thread will be closed....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up!!
85%.......or 65% as above mentioned?

Hi
to elaborate what is mentioned in post above the 60%tile in each section is the criteria for shortlisting for GD-PI and what 85% tile in total mentioned about is not actually the final selection criteria .but you have a better chance for final selection if you score above this but its not sure. many people above this have been rejected and many below this have also been selected.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up!!
85%.......or 65% as above mentioned?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
DO IIFM take IRMA score For Rural management OR Only CAT Score?
what is the overall/sectional cutoff..?
& total Course Fee...
Too Early to ask ...bt Still.

1) IIFM is a central government college and set up by ministry of Environments and Forestry. Most of such institutes take CAT scores for initial calls. No other criteria is used.

2) as already mentioned there is no over all cut off, but sections need to be good on average. A safe bet would be 85%ile, but based on good profile one can make it even at 78-80%ile. Usually cut offs are not made public for initial calls. Mandatory disclosure will include info on final calls.

3) Course fees. Well its not declared yet, it was 3lakh for our batch, and is sue to be increased to 3.5-3.8 lakh depending upon recommendations but for the time being till any info comes, take it as 3 lakh only.

thanks
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
1. DO IIFM take IRMA score For Rural management OR Only CAT Score?
2. what is the overall/sectional cutoff..?
& 3. total Course Fee...
Too Early to ask ...bt Still.

Disclaimer - The rules may change this time around.

1. I leave that for current IIFM students
2. I called up IIFM and they said sectional cutoff is 60 percentile for each section without any overall cutoff.
3. I leave that again.

Regards
AFC
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...