IFIM B School 2013 - 2015 Admission Notification & related queries...

295 Posts  ·  117 Users
About this group
*Applications Invited for Admissions to PGDM Batch 2013-15 ** *IFIM Business School has announced the admissions to its 2013-2015 batches. The 2 year full-time courses being offered by IFIM include: Postgraduate diploma in Management (PGDM), ...
Page 1 of 30
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ifim-admission-related-questions-25098375 
undefined
Write a comment...

How is IFIM B School, bangalore? Please Help me regarding this institute!Fees is 9.5 lacs and 10000/month for accommodation (TOTAL FOR 2 YEARS IS 12 LACS)...I belong to a middle class family, so 12 lacs means a lot to me...

i want some information regarding the reputation, ranking, faculty, and placements of the institute!Please Help as soon as possible.Thank you.

2 comments
rutabhatt
@rutabhatt  ·  0 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
IFIMBSchool
@IFIMBSchoolIFIM Bangalore  ·  609 karma

Hi @pankjyot ,

IFIM Business School was originally incorporated as Institute of Finance and International Management by the promoters of the Dalal Street Investment Journal (DSIJ) in the year 1995. The Indian economy has just been liberalized and the financial services sector was transforming at a rapid pace during these years. Mr V B Padode the founder of the DSIJ Group envisioned the need for qualified manpower to support the growth of the sector and this vision led to the birth of the business school.

In the year 2010 IFIM Business School re-engineered itself to align with a new mission of "nurturing holistic socially responsible and continuously employable resources". This mission drove the faculty to develop an industry relevant curriculum to create business ready managers. The pedagogy was transformed from just classroom, case method teaching to 'learn by doing' in laboratories and through internships. A 4.5 months internship program was included into the curriculum and this change was recently awarded as the best'Effective Industry-Institute Engagement'. 'Personality Enhancement Program' (PEP) courses were introduced in the curriculum to enhance soft skills, life skills and to educate our students to practice a healthy lifestyle. A laboratory for learning data analytics was established in collaboration withIBM and a second laboratory that replicates a live dealing room has been established in collaboration with Prabhudas Liladher.

To assure learning and deliver on the mission of continuous employabilityCenter for Continuous Employability (CCE) under the leadership of a senior executive was set up for building strong relationships with the corporate world and to facilitate internships, projects and placements. The CCE through its relationship with corporate feeds the faculty with the requirement of the real world to keep our curriculum current.

Our alumni have done us proud and some of them have been able to attain leadership positions in large corporations. Our institution has always valued transparency and has endeavored to display all information accurately on its websites and collaterals. The institution has always been ranked amongst the top 75 schools of the country and in the recent rankings we can proudly state that we have moved up to being amongst the top 50.

We are proud of our good quality faculty, a fair and open environment, great ambience for learning and a strong commitment to assist our students build great careers and achieve their aspirations.

Hope we were able to clear your doubts. You can get in touch with our current students who are active on pagalguy.

More
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

WT IS THE AVG PLACEMENT PACKAGE OFFERED BY ..............

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
IFIMBSchool

Hi @aks1817 , Last year the average package was around 5.2 Lakhs PA. Would like to know your CAT score so that we can help you more regarding the admission.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
chan567
@chan567  ·  0 karma
@aks1817 if m not wrong even lowest was 6 lpa. @IFIMBSchool rumours,get the exact data
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

what is this year placements?

undefined
Write a comment...

Dear Sir,My Qualifications are:Class X - 55%, Class XII - 65%, Graduation - B.com [Correspondence] School of Open Leaning, Delhi University - 49.33%, CAT 2012 - 78.04 percentile, MAT Dec 2012 - 91.42 percentile. Am I eligible to apply for MBA in your esteemed college ?

1 comment
IFIMBSchool

yes, you are eligible

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

Everyone who has been selected for IFIM 2013-15 batch...Please join our Fb group, so that we can know each other better 😁

Delusionally Optimistic!!
undefined
Write a comment...

hi , i am confused between jaipuria noida and ifim for marketing prog. ,, ifim is good for finance but dont know abt mktg. ,, what is the avg pkg do mktg students get , as i am looking forward to work in advertising sector,,

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
hi_ravi
@hi_ravi  ·  0 karma
@Swathi_29 i've heard its good in finance ,, so wat is the avg pkg do mktg students students recieve in ifim n how is the placement rate coz i am focused into advertising sector so is it good for that,,

As i've read heard that only 50% placements had been done and the placement period normally gets over at the end of may or mid june so will they be able to place all of their students?

i am focused into advertising sector so i think isb&m; is better as the avg pckg has been 5.5 lacs and last year around 95 companies came and they have around 100% placement compared to ifim which has 5.2 lacs avg pkg and around 65 companies visited ,dnt know abt the placement rate ,,
in their mandaotry disclosure there is no detail of avg pkg offered only mentioned in website of 5.2 lacs ,so is it true,

i just want to make sure that the colg is right for me , dats why lot of question.s.. 😲

More
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Swathi_29
@Swathi_29  ·  0 karma

The finance department is also good... they have certificate courses from NSE & BSE.. that's a value add... since i've studied marketing at IFIM... I say its very good... the faculty are more oriented towards teaching practical stuff... not just plain theory... with respect to placements... the salary number you see on the website.. is not false... we would not put up false information.. the placements have been a bit slow this time.. but surely its picking up and i'm confident that all of them will be placed with reputed companies...

More
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

hello friends, I've been selected for IFIM. i just wanted to know some info about the college, placements and regarding the industrial tour in 2nd year. Is it compulsory? Is it included in the fee itself? I would be glad if you share some info with me 😃

1 comment
Swathi_29
@Swathi_29  ·  0 karma

Hello! Sorry about the late reply. Congratulations on your selection to IFIM. The college is very good and they have excellent faculty here. Regarding the industrial tour... are you referring to the international business course...?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

Can i get details of IFIM hostel. how can i book my room. can i have a chat with anyone one of the representatives who would clarify all my doubts??

1 comment
joeyO_O
@joeyO_O  ·  0 karma

You have to fill up a hostel application form and pay 2 months hostel fees in advance, that'll come around to Rs 35500.
You can call up the admission office. They would clarify your doubts and send you the necessary documents.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

@priyaganesula

Can I find any students joining in IFIM-2013-2015 from andhra pradesh???

do anyone have any info and ready to join in PG??

undefined
Write a comment...