[Ideas] An exclusive Prepaid Mobile card for PaGaLGuY users?

78 Posts  ·  37 Users
About this group
Hello Puys! So here we are with a new idea. The story of how we came up with the idea of this product is that there were two very pagal pagals on pagalguy. They prepared together on the forums, got calls together, but the destiny had som...
Page 1 of 8

No problem..mod sahab..........U worked for it....
Its not every time your efforts pay u in the same amount(read CAT)..lollzz...
Btwn as rohit said they will still try..let that try be the one....coz one more year for me to get into an MBA........may be the next year brings in the result..
On the brighter side with no card I would be more on PG to intearct vid ma fellow puys rather than messaging them.

PG Underdogs Team 09||MDI Gurgaon Class of 2014||Corporate Communication Cell
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

awww...that's sad news. But, oh well, better luck next time. We are sure you tried your best Rohit! Kudos to you for taking up the initiative and tirelessly trying to bring it to life! :cheerio:

On a thoughtful note, what Chuck said here is precisely brewing up in my mind ever since this thread started. The expectations put up were, quite honestly, over-optimistic. So, let's not be too disappointed this didn't materialize. Either way, PG rocked, still rocks, and will continue to rock forever! (or till CAT lasts)

Okay okay, the last statement was as cliche' as it could get. :)

Cheers!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

No offence to anyone out here, especially Rohit whose efforts I am not trying to undermine.

But the slew of 'goodies', as some people put it were unreasonable. The best of corporate connections will offer you either 10000 free national messages, or cheaper STD call rates or CUG. Note, or and not and. I am sure Rohit and team took a more practical view when going to negotiate for the features of the card. Otherwise guys it's like having your cake, eating it, and then getting it replenished when done. No telecom company is going to give you one STD number free (which exists only on CDMA players, and that too Tata-Tata or Reliance-Reliance for 496 a month) and national messaging free (the cheapest I've seen in India now is 25p without packs) and CUG (which exists only on Airtel Friends packs and college/corporate connections) as well! They probably will give all this to you, but for a monthly rental of atleast 500. How many people are willing to pay that, especially when in a BSchool? :-)

To my mind, the best plan in India as of now is a certain red-and-white company's 399 plan (800 minutes local free, all-India SMS 50p, local calls 50p, national calls 1) which kicks @#$, and is probably on par with any corporate connection.

When we were at MICA, we negotiated for a bulk deal with Idea and Vodafone for CUG. And trust me, no matter how PaGaL you are, you will end up calling your batchmates more often than PaGaLs. No, seriously! Are you more likely to call up your PaGaL friends or call your batchmates for assignment work or fest work?! And most of the CUG SIMs come with decent enough STD rates for you to call up your PG friends. No disrespect meant, I was extremely kicked about this whole PG card thing myself but it will probably mean a lot of people shuffling between two SIMs.

I have been tracking this thread and was really hoping the thing came out. Like someone said, it would be amazing brand building for PG in any case.

I know this is against the tone of the thread and I am probably inviting a lot of groans (oooh!) for this. But it was quite amusing watching week after week, people putting in one demand after the other and thinking that Rohit would be able to make a card appear out of nowhere. Getting a new phone connection is not an easy thing, guys. Before a new scheme is launched, there are many, many hurdles including, as Rohit already mentioned, TRAI clearance.

And at the end of the day, a company will launch a scheme only if it makes sense for them. Sure, a scheme with all the goodies sounds great to us, but how much ARPU does that translate into for the company? Does it make sense having a SIM pack with on the cover, when all their advertising is centered towards Dhoni / Zoozoos / AR Rahman / Hrithik? They're not doing this as a favour to us. And will the card provide enough volumes for them to roll out the scheme in large numbers? For all the devotion and loyalty, even PG tees sell just about 300 (community: 320,179 at last count).

Ok, I guess I'm being a little cynical here but it's a working Saturday and I needed to get it out somewhere

Chuck

A Mallu Accent is just a Hyundai made in Kerala. http://www.facebook.com/ChucksComicsAndStuff
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

rohit n team ,

nice idea n nice try ..!! ATB for the next

but u left us

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Puys,

Am sorry but we could not agree on few of the terms for the plan with the operator as we felt it was not giving pagalguy users the benefit and there were few logistical and distribution issues. e.g. They not agreeing to make it available nationwide. Apologies for raising your hopes up and can only say thanks to all of you for helping me with research and ideas.

But this does not mean that this has come to a dead end. Since now we know a lot better as in what our users want and how operators work, we will be exploring the options with other operators in trying to get the best plan. Will update whenever something happens.

Thanks a lot and apologies again.

Rohit

::
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Are bhai koi hai???? 😐 😞

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IMT ka session starts today. Card kab aayega?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Metallosaurus Says
Taareekh pe taareekh, taareekh pe taareekh, taareekh pe taareekh...kab aayega PG card??? :banghead:

Ayega beta ayega..sabra ka fal meetha hota hai..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Taareekh pe taareekh, taareekh pe taareekh, taareekh pe taareekh...kab aayega PG card??? :banghead:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Are shree shree 1001 moderator aap kaha dhyaan ki mudra mai baithe hai??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...