ICFAI Distance Education plan

87 Posts  ·  61 Users
About this group
Hi, I am planning to join a distance education MBA program. What do you guys feel about the ICFAI course? Do you guys know any other distance education program that may be as good or even better? Please help me out since the last date for j...
Page 1 of 9
hiii..
m a btech 2011 pass out... n thnking of distance mba...
i hav 3 optns symbiosis,icfai & sikkaim manipal...
can ny1 guide thru thz 3 universities kindly.

I would suggest.. you may search a bit more and depending on the cost, area of your interest you may select the one.

In case of correspondence it wont make much difference of which university you select but if time permits and you can manage then you may look on for Part-time MBA too.
No. of countries in the world r more than d no. of yrs in life,so travel as many places as u can !!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hiii..
m a btech 2011 pass out... n thnking of distance mba...
i hav 3 optns symbiosis,icfai & sikkaim manipal...
can ny1 guide thru thz 3 universities kindly.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi thanks for your advice...
I have been speaking to quite a few colleagues here & the only thing they have to say is that Part/Time /distance learning hardly has any value & the best option is Full Time.
But after working 7 years,it wont be possible to take a break from work....

Honestly want to know does this distance learning form ICFAI really help...in terms of getting a promotion or job in good corporate...

hi anish,

If you had not yet joined any course.. then if you are in mumbai, i would suggest you to join Part Time... as in terms of learning it would be much more then distance learning. Also you can get a good brand name such as jb, nm, etc.
No. of countries in the world r more than d no. of yrs in life,so travel as many places as u can !!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hii all

I am 2011 passout n currently working in TEMENOS a banking software company, can some one guide me about ICFAI's PGDPM(Project Management) course and it's value and what impact it would have while pursuing MBA in operations or general management after probly 2 or mre years.

Regards,
Gaurav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

hw is ICFAI Exec MBA and hw is its market recognition?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello I am harsukh from veraval gujarat I am appearing in grooup a exam will u guide me for exam prepration

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey Rohit,

I had the same question in my mind before I enrolled from ICFAI University. I had only 2 options open ICFAI & Sikkim Manipal as these are only 2 universities that provide MBA degree in Distance Education rest others provides PGDBA or PGDM, etc. One of my friend had enrolled from Sikkim Manipal and had very bad experience as there were many services problem and on the top it is not recognized in Corporates for placements. Hence, I opted for ICFAI and it is also ranked 1st amongst distance learning Universities. Go through the below link. for rankings.

http://www.careers360.com/news/6538-Top-10-programmes-at-Best-DL-institute

I hope your doubts are cleared. All d best!!!

Hi thanks for your advice...
I have been speaking to quite a few colleagues here & the only thing they have to say is that Part/Time /distance learning hardly has any value & the best option is Full Time.
But after working 7 years,it wont be possible to take a break from work....

Honestly want to know does this distance learning form ICFAI really help...in terms of getting a promotion or job in good corporate...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi All,

Like Rohit,even I am planning to go for a distance MBA .
I just got a prospectus from ICFAI.
They are charging 67,000 for the 4 modules with classes.
What do you guys feel about the ICFAI course? Do you guys know any other distance education program that may be as good or even better?

I have work exp of 7 years & looking for better prospect & salary
Please help me out.

Thanks people!

Hey Rohit,

I had the same question in my mind before I enrolled from ICFAI University. I had only 2 options open ICFAI & Sikkim Manipal as these are only 2 universities that provide MBA degree in Distance Education rest others provides PGDBA or PGDM, etc. One of my friend had enrolled from Sikkim Manipal and had very bad experience as there were many services problem and on the top it is not recognized in Corporates for placements. Hence, I opted for ICFAI and it is also ranked 1st amongst distance learning Universities. Go through the below link. for rankings.

http://www.careers360.com/news/6538-Top-10-programmes-at-Best-DL-institute

I hope your doubts are cleared. All d best!!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi rohit
read ur message..i m a sugandh,student service officer at ICFAI BANGALORE..distant larning programm is gud option as they provide a degre..secondly also insure placements...if u want more information reply to me at geroochawla@yahoo.co.in

sugandh

Hi All,

Like Rohit,even I am planning to go for a distance MBA .
I just got a prospectus from ICFAI.
They are charging 67,000 for the 4 modules with classes.
What do you guys feel about the ICFAI course? Do you guys know any other distance education program that may be as good or even better?

I have work exp of 7 years & looking for better prospect & salary
Please help me out.

Thanks people!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Thanks poonam.

But I have seen icfai sikkim and tripura prospectus. The curriculum and fee differs. It looks like all the branches of icfai functionally independent. Please tell me except for the brand name what is the similarity.

--yuvaraj.

Yuvraj,

All the branches of ICFAI do not function independently and it has direct control by Head Office i.e. Hyderabad. ICFAI has same fees structure across India.

ICFAI has 15 Campuses across India and Sikkim & Tripura campus are one of them. Initially ICFAI provided Distance MBA only from Tripura but know it is also offering from Sikkim but curriculum its almost same, ya but there are few alterations made wherever it was required.

I have enrolled myself few months back from Nariman Point, Mumbai.you can contact Rakesh on 9773549548 as he had me out for my admission and had cleared all my doubts. Hope your doubts will also be cleared. All d best!!!!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...