Ibsat 2007

635 Posts  ·  115 Users
About this group
\------------------------------------------------- IBSAT the test is over.Hope u did well ! Click here for Interview Queries . \--------------------------------------------------------- Hello to all A*spirants* this is Abhishek frm IBS Gurga...
Page 1 of 64
request every to continue here IBSAT 2007 Paper Discussions - Page 5 - PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA, CAT 2007, GMAT, XAT, CAT 2008, SNAP, IIM, CAT 2007 Analysis Answer Key

this is only for paper analysis and comments,

for interview preparations and discussions we will start new thread once results come out. plz save ur experiences till then and share them in the relevant thread.

this thread was meant for pre IBSAT discussions , its purpose is over.

hope we follow systematic way of discussions , coz newbies get really confused, hence such a request

Thread Locked. Continue at the thread specified by abhishek

~Nikhil
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I have foll queries: ICFAI results will be available on net from 4 JAn. So if thy do not show result thn wht do thy tell in result? Do all ppl get call? When preferences r filled, do college send some list accrdin to our scores as to which college we can apply else every1 will gv first pref to hyd....

hey guys.firstly i would like to say hii to all pagals...nw i would like to knw whether ibsat allows ppt presentation

request every to continue here http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/16-december-ibsat-2007-paper-discussions-25027234

this is only for paper analysis and comments,

for interview preparations and discussions we will start new thread once results come out. plz save ur experiences till then and share them in the relevant thread.

this thread was meant for pre IBSAT discussions , its purpose is over.

hope we follow systematic way of discussions , coz newbies get really confused, hence such a request

Hi PGs,
Just thought of sharing my MP (Micro Presentation) & Interview experience as some of the aspirants are asking....
First of all I came to know that the results have come only on 2nd Jan (I guess it came a couple of days before...)
Was asked to choose the dates... Had three slots..One on 5th Feb.. Other on 17th Feb....
I chose 5th Feb... One thing I wish to clarify here is that the day of the MP-PI does not matter in the Centre
we get. Even a person who gets a call
on the last day can convert the IBS-Hyderabad call...
By jan 15th all the call getters will get a post from ICFAI called as IBS Selection Kit... In it will contain our
Admit Card,Venue of the Interview-MP(It was Punjagutta Hills some IDBL Township)...Details as how to reach the location..
Details about various Campuses under IBS.
Along with these there will be a book that contains a list of Topics that we have to prepare for MP.
Please note that a topic should be choosen only from the list...
We can use OHP sheets for the Presentation. No PPTs possible...
The total duration of MP is 10 mins that includes the Presentation and Questions related to our topic.
Questions are mandatory!!! So Guys and Gals get prepared for it...:grab:
Now I will mention how my MP and Int was... I had the call on Feb5th.. The schedule actually started on Feb 4th..I was in the day-2 Slot.I went one day before to see how the interview process goes and get hte feedback from others who had attended on 4th... I should say that was pretty useful... Just got to know the GK-Current affairs question the Interviewers ask...

For me I went there very early...At 6 in the morning.. And believe it or not... there were 10 people already there...It would be better if u reach there soon...Finish that soon and
let relax.. U stand in line and submit your Admit card. You get a random Group number and Individual number. Group number is like A,B,C etc and each group has 10 members...My number was D5. This number is also randomly generated one by the computer.

There will be the Director's speech and then the Battle begins...! The group as such would be together during the MP and Interview... Just get to know from your peer mates as what topics they have choosen.
If two or more have choosen the same topic you cannot ask for the change of the group... You can discuss among urself so that both of you do not come up with redundant points..My sugesstion could be to choose a new,rare topic...That can prove your individuality.

I had Interview first.Was asked regarding my Engineering subjects... Current Events... Persons in Important positions... Also asked to list down 5 former Presidents and VPs...
Asked about my Hobby...That is writing poems... I answered them..Had the Interview for 25 mins...

Then was the MP...,
Some tips i would liek to share:
Please stick on with the Time schedule...Finish atleast 2 mins before the alloted time and give time for others to ask Qns.
Have a proper Introduction and Conclusion. That can very well set the difference
Use OHP...Use Writing than taking Xerox... That wud make everyone Including the Evaluator realise that you have taken pains to prepare...
And friends one Important thing!!! Please be confident in what you say. Do not fumble.. Take a U turn onur say.That will create a bad remark in both the Int and MP rounds.
Lastly for the Mp, do as many rehearsals you can before speaking on the D day...

For your Information I got thro' in IBS-Kolkatta. I gave this year again as I am keen to join in IBS-Hyderabad or Mumbai...

Sorry guys for making it so big.. But just wanna share my exp with you all..

All the Best Aspirants...

Seniors do pour in ur experiences too...

Thanks for ur time,
JOHN

HEY GUYS I M NOT GETING ANY RESPONSE...
POUR IN UR COMENTS!!
hi puys
i m amit my profile is as under.
10th -66%
12th -61%
b.tech(electronics&comm;) 61% passed out in 2005
since 2005 working with a telecom company as network planning engg(30 months)
yesterday only i came to know tat there r 750+seats in icfai hyd(which is the best among all). i was going through da placement reports of hyd n saw tat there r huge bulk placements for ex 50 candidates in icici 40 in india bulls
1).now i was wondering wat kinda job profile is been offerd by these companies.
nobody wants 2 sell credit cards or sit on the cash counter of these banks
2).out of 750+ odd students only top 100-150 or so get good placements. others get usual job profile and a pakag 3-4lacs
took
3). and on top of it it is not approvd by aicte or UGC(thoug it is not a very big issue)
4).at the tim of placements with 750+students in one batch i think it would be tough for the institute 2 giv many choises to students bcause they hav 2 place all 750+ students
i m wondering whether it is worth spending 10lacs and more importantly 2yrs..of my life(which will b deciding the future course of my life)
so guys if u get through icfai hyd will u tak admision?
i also took the test today
my attemt 104+ eng
40-45 maths
with goog acc.

I guess I would....and then I wud try to be in those top 100 students...

HEY GUYS I M NOT GETING ANY RESPONSE...
POUR IN UR COMENTS!!
hi puys
i m amit my profile is as under.
10th -66%
12th -61%
b.tech(electronics&comm;) 61% passed out in 2005
since 2005 working with a telecom company as network planning engg(30 months)

yesterday only i came to know tat there r 750+seats in icfai hyd(which is the best among all). i was going through da placement reports of hyd n saw tat there r huge bulk placements for ex 50 candidates in icici 40 in india bulls

1).now i was wondering wat kinda job profile is been offerd by these companies.
nobody wants 2 sell credit cards or sit on the cash counter of these banks

2).out of 750+ odd students only top 100-150 or so get good placements. others get usual job profile and a pakag 3-4lacs
took
3). and on top of it it is not approvd by aicte or UGC(thoug it is not a very big issue)

4).at the tim of placements with 750+students in one batch i think it would be tough for the institute 2 giv many choises to students bcause they hav 2 place all 750+ students

i m wondering whether it is worth spending 10lacs and more importantly 2yrs..of my life(which will b deciding the future course of my life)
so guys if u get through icfai hyd will u tak admision?

i also took the test today
my attemt 104+ eng
40-45 maths
with goog acc.

was it tougher this year than last time ?

Interms of time Consuming... ?

any body having idea ?

assist me

thnk u

Hello boss...can u plz confirm me wether thr was any negative marking in the paper,
plz reply cuz i m very anxious for this.
waise 170was my attempt.Can i expect a scholar ship call

there was a negative marking of 1/4 per question.

cheers
shyam
Hello,

Those who have attempted 140+ have good chances of IBS HYD. So prepare well for interview and presentation. Congrats.. You have cleared the first hurdle successfully.

Regards
Ravi Jain
IBS HYD

Hello boss...can u plz confirm me wether thr was any negative marking in the paper,
plz reply cuz i m very anxious for this.
waise 170was my attempt.Can i expect a scholar ship call