IBS Hyderabad Chronicle

65 Posts  ·  41 Users
About this group
hey guys.... after looking at the amazing posts on different threads of this section i thought why not us..... no matter how much we complain.....its OUR college..... pool in your inputs, generate discussions or just write about something th...
Page 1 of 7

How abt the placements and the avg. package

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey guys,,
ibs hyd is more than an MBA col.. its a place whr u cn live on n would have best of ur experiences. its very close to nature , beautiful environment and vry hitech infrastr.. many places to hang out inside the campus and all types of sports facility. u ll find evrythng here.
competition is vry intense and wht u call "fadu"..
thanx to strenght of the coll. guys n gals never sleep as if u alwys find smbody busy in own calculation of future...
u complain many thngs bt u love it more and as time passes its becomes even stronger.. i found all sort of ppl frm all sort of backgrounds. its a kind of miniworld for us. we celebrates all the festival together whether u hindu, muslim, or whtevr... we respect each of them...
n last bt nt d least studies , whr u ll find seriously sick ppl havin bookmaniac and burning der candles even at day,,,
thats wht ibs hyd is all abt ...

love u all....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hii i have got a call 4m ibast can nyone plz tell me how to prep 4 the micropresntation topics n pi's...........

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This is not the correct thread to flood IBSAt questions here.

Please refer to the correct thread:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ibsat-2009-exam-discussions-25048135

My old signature does not fit here :(
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

ye i know. but the biggest question is if sectional cutoffs will be considered or not.as they usually call a majority of the students.
letc

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Sandy.Rai Says
ooowww.... i found it tough today. this year, ibsat was not easy. tougher than CAT, MAT, SNAP, IIFT.

\

I AGREE
It was also tough for me
But there was no negative marking this year
Lets Hope for the best:D
FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

ooowww.... i found it tough today. this year, ibsat was not easy. tougher than CAT, MAT, SNAP, IIFT.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi pallavi di
i hope we can use personal salutations in this forum.
well appeared for ibsat today. sectional cutoff introduced as no. of students had applied for ibsat. quant wasn't good.but probably clear d cuttoff's for rest of the sections. can you guide me about the call.
as in what are the chances.
thanx

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey seniors

appeared for ibsat today.paper was a tough one and they have introduced sectional cutoffs . any clue as to how the call selection will be? kindly help!!!!!!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
A Life less Ordinary
Journey of a Simple Graduate to Post Graduate to Working Professional.
From writing entrance exams to clearing IBSAT, to appearing for the Micro presentation to clearing the Interview, the joy in the voice of the loved ones when we cleared IBS Hyderabad gave us a sense of achivement. We packed our bags for Hyderabad leaving many hearts heavy.
Cut to ICFAI Tech, 3 in a room accomodation, no porters to lift your bags to any floor you are on, boys and girls mess separate, girls hostel shut at 9.30 pm, yes thats where we landed up on the first day. The parents grew frantic looking at the make shift arrangement. Slowly things settle down and here comes the first event that the Class of 2008 put up, Masti Ki Pathshala. We saw the faces of talent in our batch; it was an evening to remember. The open theater got all of us not only close but also was the foundation of a journey not to be forgotten. The sections in first semester were like a group of inseperable lot.
The season of packing starts again, we were being moved to OUR campus, another issue to be managed by the batch. The boys were helpful enough to lift the bags and mount on the top of the top of the buses. We were steered through something that looked like a Jungle to this huge place that consisted of 2 unfinished buildings, a mess and far from completed academic block. The accomodation was 2 in a room. Slowly we all got engrossed in the academic and non-academic activities and some how gave up compliaining. It was our place and it is we who make it or leave it alone. May be sub consciously we all decided to make it, to give it a character. One day the announcement of the freshers party came out way. All the 13 sections were divides into 4 clans- Mughals, Aryans, Nizams ans Rajputs. This is the time when the competition sunk in us, it was not only to be the best but to make it an event to remember.
After the first semester exams, we headed to our homes; but even when we were home we longed to come back to the place that was now our home.
Series of lectures, presentations and cases followed but we could sneak in enough time to cash on the new found freedoom. Oh and not to forget we got the Single occupancy and Internet too.
Cut to Nov 2008, we lost two friends in an accident. Jasmine and Prabuddha, May Lord rest their soul in peace. Yet again the batch stood but the grieved and gave extended our strength to them.
Semester two called for Summer Internship orrportunites with the different organizations. We all wanted the best, to say the least. Internships gave us an opportunity to find which field suits our personality and interest. Many of us were focussed and knew where do we see ourselves, but many were still in doubt. The internships gave us a birdd eye view of the way the industry flows through the departments that we were a part of. Another season of grades, reports and presentation ended.
Cut to semester three- the season of specializations was here; trust me to find the best combination from the available subjects is a task on its own. We all got over this also. But suddemly we realized that we are sharing our COLLEGE with new faces. Then it struck us that the Class of 2009 was here. So we got a little jealous and took trips of the new commers, without offending them much.
It was our turn to give them a Frehsers Party, the planning and negotiations kicked off and we had a grand celebration by the end of it all. Semester three gave us new friends who may be a part of our line of business and industry. Now comes the baap of all semesters, Semester Four, PLACEMENTS and more PLACEMENTS. These words were ringing in our ear day in and out. The dream companies, profiles, package and et al were here. All we had to do was to be patient, give it our best and be happy for others or coax them. Anxiety and tenrsions grew by the end of October and many of us were still not placed. The process continued till January until then most were placed.
The season of seperation was about the set in when we saw the cupid strike hearts of many. Congratuoations to the happy couples who are married and are soon to be married. The farewell was more fun them teary eyed though all had their share of tears and private emotions. The Class of 2009 gave us a really great farewell and this called to the day when we finally packed our bags to leave for our homes This time FOREVER.
Today we all sit in our corporate space and only remember the moments that will never fade in time to come.
The circle is not complete my friends, we shall be close no matter what, just a hand needs to be extended and there will be many who will hand hold you and help you through!!!
Ideas contributed by Raj Vardhan Bagaria
Written by Pallavi Puri

It's a lovely post, Pallavi and it captures the moments so well..I belong to the 2006 batch. We were born & brought up on the 'Campus' dream since our induction days and were so looking forward to being a part of it. Our MBA was in 2 separate campuses, Nagarjuna Hills & Banjara Hills...ours was a batch which was very similar to yours...we too decided to turn things around and have our share of fun. Being right in the middle of the city has its own advantages and we had fully utilized them . PG was an integral part of my MBA experience..we had great folks from other B-schools as well and all of us would chat on Y! late nights..exchanging assignments & delegating case studies

During the exam times, many of us would stay up all night in the class rooms & go back to our PGs only in the early morning...discotheques, malls, movie halls (infact we had 3-4 pet movie halls which would be 40% occupied by ICFAIns for the 'First Day First Shows' ), we had all the fun...but there was always this one wish...to be part of the upcoming campus.

3 years on...having read your posts, I am really nostalgic about my MBA days...how even we'd crib about IBS...but now, I'd do anything to be able to re-live those 2 years..It truly is one of the best times of one's life.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...