i want career counselling

5 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
i am Navjot Garg i appeared for CAT and XAT last year but couldn't make it to any better institute because of lack of proper coaching. but i hae taken admission in Amity Business School, Noida. But i don't know why i am doing MBA? Whether i am...
Page 1 of 1

1. once u have taken in Amity go ahead with the course and make the most of it(plus the library/lab)--read more mags/ET, mgmt books. keep yourself in top 5% of class.
2. dont appear for CAT/XAT again, u looose both ends.phd is not a gud option unless u are tuned towards teaching nd research. that too shd be FPM/Phd from a gud top-5 school else ur Phd will fetch job in 2nd-3rd rate school. plus hi research focus shd be there. ppl already know by this time if they want to be teachers/researchers.
3. For business u dont need CAT or IIM whatever. later u can do entrepreneurship/family biz mgmt course in PT mode.

navjot, call wud be yours. if u are more ppl type, fond of meeting, making friends and have gift-of-the-gab go for mktg/sales/BD oriented careers.
if u are number oriented take finance/oprns depending on your background.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Go to amity, do well. (As well as you can. Top 10% desired)

Get a job. Amity placement are decent with average at 3 laks p.a ctc. Once you start working, you will realise MBA from where does not matter at all. It is your ideas, creativity, soft skills, energetic attitude and all other good qualities excluding MBA from where.

Kick start your life. Dont block your self with CAT. It is a criminal waste of time dropping a year for CAT. CAT is the road to take you to top. Amity can also do same job but with a different road.
i am Navjot Garg
i appeared for CAT and XAT last year but couldn't make it to any better institute because of lack of proper coaching. but i hae taken admission in Amity Business School, Noida.
But i don't know why i am doing MBA? Whether i am made for MANAGEMENT? If yes then which stream should i opt for? i am totally confused......
i have the following options.........
1. To appear for CAT again this year and try for some better college and then to do job later on.
2. To appear for CAT again and then go for Ph.D. and then for profession of teaching.
3. To appear for CAT again and do business after that.
What should i do?

see.. the point is you have already taken admission in AMITY . Although this is not a premier college but it is a decent one as far as the placements are concerned.

So, you can concentrate on your studies ... by that I mean :

concentrate on your presentations and .. groom yourself professionally.

In the meanwhile , you can as well sit for CAT , XAT and other entrances of BSCHOOLS
of your choice.

If you clear them and get admission in a good college then its well and good, otherwise you have AMITY as your back up.

as far as doing job now and then going for MBA is concerned, it wont be fruitful if you do not have a professional qualification, and sound knowledge in your discipline.
vits
@vits  ·  1,590 karma
i am Navjot Garg
i appeared for CAT and XAT last year but couldn't make it to any better institute because of lack of proper coaching. but i hae taken admission in Amity Business School, Noida.
But i don't know why i am doing MBA? Whether i am made for MANAGEMENT? If yes then which stream should i opt for? i am totally confused......
1. To appear for CAT again this year and try for some better college and then to do job later on.
2. To appear for CAT again and then go for Ph.D. and then for profession of teaching.
What should i do?

in all the 3 options that u have mentioned, the common thing is - appear for CAT...so start preparing for CAT and appear for it...if u do well in CAT, then i presume u kno which option to go for...and in case u don't do well, u should start seeking some more options!!

i am Navjot Garg
What should i do?