I wanna start making a unique profile!!!

5 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hi ppl, I am new to this forum and was very impressed to see a lot of ppl gunnin for Harvard, Tuck and other B-Schools to name a few, so I thought ok my B-school prep starts off now so why not ask ppl who have started off and some lucky ones who...
Page 1 of 1

guess you have gone through the forum but you have not gone in detail...

here are few threads which will help you in some ways...

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2008-mba-international-us-aspirants-joint-25016883
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/phoren-b-school-assistance-desk-25014956
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mba-admissions-thread-of-gyans-25019927

plus this section http://www.pagalguy.com/gmat

the above section has threads related to each school... if you are interested in knowing about a particular school then post in relevant thread...

hope this helps...

happy PGing

Hi ppl,
I am new to this forum and was very impressed to see a lot of ppl gunnin for Harvard, Tuck and other B-Schools to name a few, so I thought ok my B-school prep starts off now so why not ask ppl who have started off and some lucky ones who have got admits to the various prestigious B-schools a few of my q's, I hope u would be kind enough to answer it!

Bfr the q's let me tell ya all a lil of myself

BE from VTU(Karnataka) - 70%
Got a job in one of the multinational IT firms and currently working one a business tool called SAP.

1.I know thr are loads of ppl having a similar profile but then how do I start making it unique?

2.What is the sort of money that I should be accumulating so as to be able to get that crucial element the visa?

3.How much will the GMAT score be valued when shortlisting candidates?

Thanks and Regards,
Rocky:
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Just to reply to the title of the thread - no one plans to make a unique profile.

Your passions, over time, make ur profile. You basically follow your passions and work on them. Generally - people who's work and passion are the same end up being very very good in what they do. If u think u r not cut for the IT job, think what u wanna do and pursue it.

And the secret behind landing a good B School admit is not having a unique profile. It is to have a strong profile.

+1
ditto that
Hi ppl,
I am new to this forum and was very impressed to see a lot of ppl gunnin for Harvard, Tuck and other B-Schools to name a few, so I thought ok my B-school prep starts off now so why not ask ppl who have started off and some lucky ones who have got admits to the various prestigious B-schools a few of my q's, I hope u would be kind enough to answer it!

Got a job in one of the multinational IT firms and currently working one a business tool called SAP.

1.I know thr are loads of ppl having a similar profile but then how do I start making it unique?

2.What is the sort of money that I should be accumulating so as to be able to get that crucial element the visa?

Thanks and Regards,
Rocky:

You will find Senapati's Stanford Admit thread useful....he dint get through Stanford on his first attempt, but some of the steps he took to get there are very interesting.... I can't say for sure if he did all these just with a Stanford MBA as his aim, but thats how it came across to me:

1. Stayed away from the IT industry on purpose
2. Worked in Siberia and Africa
3. Took up Scrimshaw as a hobby

and theres much more that makes it a fascinating read....that thread has answers to all your questions

Just to reply to the title of the thread - no one plans to make a unique profile.

Your passions, over time, make ur profile. You basically follow your passions and work on them. Generally - people who's work and passion are the same end up being very very good in what they do. If u think u r not cut for the IT job, think what u wanna do and pursue it.

And the secret behind landing a good B School admit is not having a unique profile. It is to have a strong profile.

Hi ppl,

Thanks and Regards,
Rocky: