I need ur valuable suggestion

17 Posts  ·  24 Users
About this group
Hi, I am facing a dillema of wat 2 do n thought that u all would be the right ones 2 approach 2 give suggestions n help me out. My problem is as follows- I am a 2005 passout engineer with career sta as follows- X-76.75 XII-61.5 Enginee...
Page 1 of 2

Where r the junta frm other b-schools?Plz pour in wid ur views.I am eagerly waiting 4 ur responses.Upon hearing those,I will make THE MOST IMPORTANT DECISSION OF MY CAREER.So,plz come up wid ur views.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
usernameleft Says
it means 22 months experience us needed to sit in laterals...ie the comapnies that offer jobs specifically to experienced guys and happens some time before the placement for rest of the junta

Is it true only 4 IIms or is it true 4 other b-schools also?
usernameleft Says
it means 22 months experience us needed to sit in laterals...ie the comapnies that offer jobs specifically to experienced guys and happens some time before the placement for rest of the junta

Thnx a lot
anindya82 Says
Can u explain in detail wat u meant by ur 1st line(that I hav marked)?

as far as laterals go 22 months is needed might be higher for a a very very few companies in iims

and the brand you are associated is does not mean a hell lot ... what you did there means everything ... so if you end up screwing up ur interview when u wer doing studies and not really doing the job properly..up to u

and its upto u to decide if u r in the flow of things as far as studies is concerned ,,,or u wanna take it easy for some time ,since done a lot of hardwork at college ...there is no right or wrong choice...u can crack cat right now...u can crack cat 2 years down the line ...4 years...and this year a guy with 12 years work ex is joining us at iim C...so u can crack 12 years down the line as well.

hope it helps

Can u explain in detail wat u meant by ur 1st line(that I hav marked)?

as far as laterals go 22 months is needed might be higher for a a very very few companies in iims

and the brand you are associated is does not mean a hell lot ... what you did there means everything ... so if you end up screwing up ur interview when u wer doing studies and not really doing the job properly..up to u

and its upto u to decide if u r in the flow of things as far as studies is concerned ,,,or u wanna take it easy for some time ,since done a lot of hardwork at college ...there is no right or wrong choice...u can crack cat right now...u can crack cat 2 years down the line ...4 years...and this year a guy with 12 years work ex is joining us at iim C...so u can crack 12 years down the line as well.

hope it helps

As far as the actual figures are concerned no one knows..

The gyaan that i am passing on is from personal experience.I have 2 years IT work ex .. and faced the same question when i completed my graduation.

B school Target ->IIM ofcourse if not looking for better ones abroad.

The urge thing .. u need to answer that question urself .. its a subjective matter and cant comment on that.

I would say anyday, anyplace.... 2 years is better than 1 year of work ex.

regarding the 3/4 years ... it is for u take the call.. personally i feel after 4 years one year MBA wud be a better option.
you are write. someone has to have abit of experience in his/her kitty before thinking about CAT (MBA). MBA IS A huge thing and someone has to have some guts to acquire the degree but the hurdle is not small enough too. If you have an experience saY for 1 year minimum, then you are ready for it. Sense it makes as you have seen the corporate world (hope working in mnc/or acompany of a size of minimum of 20-30 fellows). it proves to be a good thing and help you to stabilize yourself andthe sense of team innovation creeps in. Moreover, business schools too look for someone who has faced some music or grunt in day to day life. If you hold a year's experience then you have stayed for a while in the environment which is gruelling. I am also working for the last 4 years in corporate world including my present job with IBM and will be appearing for the CAT 2006. hope to meet you there.

Ravi.dhingra

WOW!Thats great!

you are write. someone has to have abit of experience in his/her kitty before thinking about CAT (MBA). MBA IS A huge thing and someone has to have some guts to acquire the degree but the hurdle is not small enough too. If you have an experience saY for 1 year minimum, then you are ready for it. Sense it makes as you have seen the corporate world (hope working in mnc/or acompany of a size of minimum of 20-30 fellows). it proves to be a good thing and help you to stabilize yourself andthe sense of team innovation creeps in. Moreover, business schools too look for someone who has faced some music or grunt in day to day life. If you hold a year's experience then you have stayed for a while in the environment which is gruelling. I am also working for the last 4 years in corporate world including my present job with IBM and will be appearing for the CAT 2006. hope to meet you there.

Ravi.dhingra

The gyaan that i am passing on is from personal experience.I have 2 years IT work ex .. and faced the same question when i completed my graduation.

The urge thing .. u need to answer that question urself .. its a subjective matter and cant comment on that.

regarding the 3/4 years ... it is for u take the call.. personally i feel after 4 years one year MBA wud be a better option.

thnx 4 the clarification.If anybody has some different views or want 2 add something,then plz do so.I will b waiting 4 ur replies.
U have got definite information or do u think so?
Also,wat wud b the b-schools that I shud b targeting ,since I am at present already associated with a good brand name?
Another thing,I wud have work ex of more than 1 yr next MAY/JUNE.So,wat do u say,a work ex 4 1+yr or a work ex of 2-3 yr wud be better?(considering the fact that I wud be growing a bit old n hence my urge 4 studying may not be as great as of now or earlier since I have noticed that my concentrtion 4 studying is decreasing day by day)