I have screwed up my life and now looking at CAT as a way out

15 Posts  ·  13 Users
About this group
I scored 90% in my 10th and 94% in my 12th exams. I got into a top college. I got placed in infosys. However, by this time (from my 2nd year) there were issues at home and I had to start a part time business to generate income while studying. As a...
Page 1 of 2

you haven't screwed up anything in your life. Perhaps your circumstances ain't that well but couldn't be worse than me. See, I've no good acads perhaps the lowest 10th 70, 12th 60 and graduation 60 as well and Alas...! no work experience but see I'm trying and will keep trying. Ans if goes by the acads I probably would not make it to the top b.school but I know situation's gonna be change. And no one can do anything about their past so better concentrate on your future and believe me you can make it.

P.S. Perhaps this might not make sense to you bhai you definitely should start writing blog.
Bringing passion into reality.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@SMS87

Dude u have an awesome educational background. Concentrate on B-School entrances there are several collages already stated which provide you a great ROI. I quit my Infosys job way back almost a year now, dont have good academic records like you. Currently unemployed and not looking for ITES job any more.

you tried your own venture that shows your mettle, nothing is for granted and some where inside you know that you will rise against all the odds. You wanted to commit sucide but didnt do it because you know that u r not weak.

concentrate on entrances and dont think that things from u r past will be a roadblock for u r future.......ATB

VA screwing continued in XAT too....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks everyone. Your words have been very helpful.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@SMS87 Hi, Dont worry bro, there are many people in society who are in a dilemma like you.

My engineering friend also has similar problem like you, u are better in terms of academic marks, even in engineering he has some 64 % overall. he was taking care of his fathers business( he was taking care of sweet shop that time) during the college days. His father was old, so he was the only son who look after the family..due to this he secured less marks..he almost wasted 4 years after engineering

He always has the zeal to make money by doing business,the sweet shop was in loss..he has some contacts for the raw materials suppliers for the sweet shop( dry fruits)..so he started a new business,dry fruits business. He borrowed money from people he know..and started doing business..after initial hiccups, he started making profits...in the mean while he learnt SAP course in hyderabad,as he was having time and money..he worked very hard for making money..

Today he is working in Delloite as SAP consultant with a decent salary and at the same time running dry fruits business parallelly...in a weeks time he makes 1 lac rupees in business..now hes trying to resign Dellitte and want to expand business..

Friend, what i was trying to say is, there r many people like U..jus be focus on ur goals,have faith in ur self, u can achieve what u want in life..Done be a looser. B a fighter..

All the very best
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Yuvraj Singh started 2012 fighting for life because of Cancer but he is ending 2012 with Man of the Series awards... SO it upto you to become a fighter or not

I don't undersign
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

First of all there is nothing called loser. One is and can always be a FIGHTER (if you have the mind for it) and in the process sometimes you falter and lose your step. It is up to you to pick yourself up and start walking/running again to face other bigger challenges ahead and to come out in flying colors.

Suicide or any such other step is not going to be solution for some petty failures in life. Sorry for putting it like that but then there are much bigger problems some are facing in life. Imagine someone who can't even think of going to school in the first place!!! Your UG marks are decent enough and you very well stand chance to get calls from some of the top 20 institutes in the country.

Loans, making money etc. are problems that every middle class student is facing. Get it out from your mind that it is a problem that only you're facing. They're fighting and living, so why not you? DO NOT compare yourself with your peers in terms of where they are and how much they're earning. For all you know they may be slogging like donkeys (trust me IT job is not that great that you get salary for free!!) You are good in your own terms and you have certain skillsets, and an experience of 4.5years of running a business, however small it may be. Can any of your friends beat you at that and trust me it is an experience which has taught you a lot and will help you in future. You may not realize it now but down the lane when you're facing certain tough situations that experience and what you learnt is going to help you.

Regarding MBA fees, you can target those institutes that @don03d has listed. Add few institutes like some IIT's, KJSOM, LBSIM etc. also to that list where your total education cost would come to around 7-8lakhs. It is high I agree but then better than those 10lakh ones!! Other than that for scholarship there are schemes by Govt. of India and also institute specific to waive off part of the fees. For institute specific scholarships (especially private ones) the waiver is usually only on the tuition fee (which will be 1-2lakh of the total fees of MBA!!). So again you may want to focus on the university MBA programmes that are listed above.

P.S: Continue in this thread http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/personal-dilemma-related-queries-25072299 and you'll have many more puys to help you out and suggest the way forward.
You can DO/KNOW anything, but not everything!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@SMS87 Bro, Dont give up Yet.... Focus on CAT... You will get good Bschool.. My wishes...
You depend on our protection, Yet you feed us lies from the table cloth. #SOAD
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

That is fine. Family income is not that high anyway.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@SMS87 : Yes, you can apply for need base scholarship but in that case your family income comes in picture.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Bro dont worry we are with you........just do it!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...