I got 94 %ile and got only one call!?

20 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
Hello fellas, my score in CAT is 94 percentile, with 72 in QA and 99 in VA sections. I got a call from IIM-k but not from other IIMs like ranchi or udaipur! can anyone explain why? PS: I fulfill the basic criteria of 70 percentile in both t...
Page 1 of 2

@LeoV hmm...
they shud make all this clear

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I got 97 with 95 above in both..

STILL NO CALLS
Vibhash Joshi - Student Coordinator, Corporate Communications Cell MDI Gurgaon
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

no dude.. no idea sorry..

but there was an article in PG recently.. ISB offers it i think..
CAT '12 - 97.59%ile OA | Converts - NITIE, NMIMS, IIM-U, IIM-Rp, MDI-HR | Joined - NITIE
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@princevithu i get it. thnx.
and any info about family business managmnt?? top colleges? forms date?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@nithin247 lol...hope u dont get banned fo posting and i for liking it... :P
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@naga1802 : u can check my previous post ! that was from some site ..quite a riot
CAT 2012: 93.90 Converts: IMT-G, Tapmi, IMI -Delhi
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

i was shocked abt some institutes giving 5% of marks for girls for being a gal. reservations totally suck....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Just my cent , it may not be the right forum to say or the right thing to say , but i feel that this whole idea of reservation for nc-obc is one of the reasons for GMEI guys ( thats for General Male Engineer and IT ) to suffer. I am not complaining much since i can't expect an IIM call at 93.90 ! To someone who has scored 97 or 98 it is definitely unfair when he sees someone with 85 or 86 percentile making it to IIM !! And we all know how kids of ppl who are not Government employees and more specifically businessmen tweak the ruling of NC-OBC in their favor. Its easier for them to declare a lesser family income !! This is the system here and we just have to play hard to get ahead !!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I know it sucks but MBA in India is flawed.

The premise is flawed, the admission processes are flawed. Except for ISB.
The scores are often held as 'cut offs' as opposed to factors to demonstrate that you have the basic aptitude required for an MBA.
@thisiseverthing your case is particularly annoying. With your sectional scores you have shown that you have the basic aptitude for an MBA from a good institute. After that, they need to consider the rest of your profile ; your acads, your work ex, your personality, your leadership qualities. According to me you deserve a call from all the top institutes. But then again, it is India and we gotta live with it.
Converts : NMIMS FTMBA Feb CMAT 298 (95-95-85-23) : I do know a bit though :)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...