I Am In Dipression(can Any 1 Give Their Valuble Suggestion)

28 Posts  ·  26 Users
About this group
I am an engg graduate, who had done B.tech in EEE in 2005, got only the avge% of 58,but having exceelent communication skills and verbal skills but lack of confidence . In the present competitive job world we need good academic back ground, but be...
Page 1 of 3
dev010 Says
I am an engg graduate, who had done B.tech in EEE in 2005, got only the avge% of 58,but having exceelent communication skills and verbal skills but lack of confidence . In the present competitive job world we need good academic back ground, but because of negligence i wasted so much time in my college days ,now i am in dilemma of what to do in future , which will looks very blank to me, i am expecting from all of you a valuable suggestion .Thankyou to all for reading my Rquest.

Dude, decide what u want to do in life ............... and go for it..............

What is gone is gone.................... no use cribbing ................ you still wasting ur time..................

Its not lie u 40 yrs old with 4 kids !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May the force of the PAAGALS be with you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Pick up last sunday matrimonial newspaper. Read some ads in bride and grooms section. You will see ads like girl/boy divorced aged 28, 29, 30 +. Read further and you will read divorced girls/boys with a kid. People make mistakes at this age. They make mistakes after becoming mother and father.

+ 5% or + 10% is something immature mistake. You were not mature enough and you didnt study hard. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Slowly and slowly, step by step start working on your life to clear mess. Everything will be allright. Realise the importance of 5 year career goal.

" it is not where you started but where you ended that matters"
people know Reliance not where Dhirubhai started.
so start working hard and make a Grand End.

Hi DEV.

I think that you are thinking a lot of things which you shouldn't be thinking yaar !!!

Atleast you got 58% in Engg. I myself got a pathetic pathetic 53% in B.Com and was not taken into any good b-school. In all the interviews I was questioned for my low scores by the interview panel and since I was a fresher with abysmally low score who was not able to explain the reasons (for low score) properly, I was shown the door by 3 very good b-schools. I felt that my life had come to an end at that point of time. I was royally frustrated.

My question to you is-- have you gone through the humiliation (I felt humiliated personally- might be a hyperbole but I wud put it that way) I had to go through ? I guess not. Then why be in depression when your score is decent yaar ?
At least you are an engineering grad. Believe me, if you score well in CAT or GMAT, and have a couple of years of work-ex, then you will be preferred over other graduates with scores near to yours. The simple reason- what is the actual difference in the knowledge between a guy scoring 58% and a guy scoring 60% ? Just think for yourself bhai !!

Second thing is that like I had felt at that time, my world has not come to an end. Why? Because I realised one thing. I have to be attractive (work-profile wise) to an employer or to a b-school (for an MBA).
How do I do that........by getting good work-ex. Believe me my friend, I was asked about my weak acads at my first interview but I was so thorough with my concepts that they had to give me the job. In my second job, no one even bothered to ask me what degree I had. They looked at my work-profile mentioned in my CV and called me for an interview, which I cracked !! I dont see how you cannot do the same.

I read in an article that the living beings have two kinds of responses when faced with a threatening situation- the "FLIGHT"response and the "FIGHT" response.
In the "flight" response, person becomes jittery, nervous, worrisome and fearful (much like you seem to be right now) but in "fight" response, the person becomes aggressive, attacking and more resolute.
The only good thing about the humiliation I suffered in b-schools was that it brought out the "FIGHT" response in me ! It made my resolve even stronger and made me slog hard.

Today, due to my efforts and the sheer grace of God, I am pretty comfortable and just look at the irony......the guy who was kicked out of Indian b-schools some 5 years back is gunning for some good b-schools abroad!!! Believe me buddy, with some planning and positive aggression, you can make a lot of things happen. THERE IS WORLD BEYOND ACADEMICS and I WANT YOU TO REALIZE THAT my friend !

So all the best and let the FIGHT response come in you !!

Regards,

Tumtum.

Okay I Was in the same boat as you a while back. 56% in acads, decent co currics. Never took studies seriously in college till i got like..5 supplimentaries pending in 2nd year....Knew I had to pass and reclaim things somehow.
I always wanted to get into some field like advrtising/ brand mgmt or the like

Dint work after Engg prepared for CAT.

Now I have got thru my MBA,And I have no plans of repeating the mistakes i committed in graduation.

Hope that helps... :-)

God bless

HI
Even I am paas out of 2001 . I afced the same difficulty. But after having experience I got good offers from good companies.
wait and work for 2 yrs. U will surely succces in life
Best of Luck

Regards
Vikash Prasad

I am really dumbfounded by the genuine responses frm the members for Dev.

Seriously, I too need to impart my duty as a regular gainer from these forums.

Let me give an own example.

I did very well in my 10th with a 90% with a district rank.

Then got diverted in 12%..did nt prepare tht seriously and got the same 89%..but aint helped me to get into good institutes.

I did in a 2nd grade college..managed to secure a 70%. Now looking for good jobs...though i get in lil companies for prg..I am waitin patiently for my break in CTS or TCS..the tests.. i got..in the coming months.

By the way...I want to tell a very important point.Had i got a >95% in +2..i would have got into PSG or Anna univ..Then thro'placement would have entered MS or IBM.

But..now....as a job seeker wht this eminem_50cent has when compared to tht eminem who would have entered in2 PSG or anna..
"I have faced failure and never going to commit a 2nd mistake in life."I would have worked in MS or IBm for 2 years ..led a dog's life..and then ..like all gals..would have got married and settled..Is ths "LIFE"?
No...

My view about life has broadened.Its more abt individuality and being self dependant.
I can accept failure with a strong heart.

Life is all about having confidence in urself and giving ur best and putting ur best in everything..and success will come..may be not imme.but n near future!

I have better plnzs for my future...no plan to marry as of now..till I achieve something in life..like get in to a premier B school...or mark my niche in HR r Finance..like none has done b4.
Ths burning fire would not have been in my mind ..had..i got into MS....????(as i would have lived a simple life).

I had been lil foolish..as i hve managed to learn frm my own mistake ..there are many puys...who learns frm others mistakes.

I conclude...Dev.......
Because of ur carelessness(hope i am not harsh) these years..Presently you have lost...surely....But the future is waiting for u.

Dnt compare urself with others who are plced with good pay.Every 1 s different..like how one cant choose 1 parent.this s not the time to repent for the past behavior.
Either..take a small job..even a tuting job in NIIT or ORACLE etc...would be cnsidered an exp...as its not like lecture job...u knw the in and out of prog.lang u teach..so think abt it..Frm tht..get into experienced category..these years..there are always lot of openings
in MNCs with 1+ years exp..

Hope this post s of atleast little boost..

Cheers....

hi guys

some ppl seem to be worried bout their past acad records.....

i knw of ppl with 45 pct in grad...ba hons ...pol sc...studyin in xlri..............current batch...........

nd er..ie...essential repeat in grad ....ba....studyin in iim a ...current batch.........................

take achill pill duedes...they matter...ok...but not as much as u think............

go out in the streets rt now...look at the childern beggin...old women beggin...nd labourers sleepin on the pavement .might make u appreciate what u have...

regards.
:grab::grab:

my advice, keep giving off-campuses, most of them look for aptitude, interviews are not so hard if u crack gd!

Hello all,

I read this thread, I am very happy that People concern about others.Its really feel good with this morale boosting suggetions.

Iam very much in similar situation.I am a Bsc graduate with 65% but not very good at communication skills.I was preparing for CAT2003. But after my continuous hard work. I was not getting good scores in Section tests.I lost hope during MOCK CAT and joined Domestic Call Center in Mumbai leaving my Home town.I dint even appear for CAT
Now Iam working with a BPO.Here I feel Communication Skills plays great part . You need to be on good terms with Your Team and your seniors and if you are shy it will affect u inversly.I thing u have great asset (Communication Skills).You can make career with it.

Best of Luck.