HULT Boston MBA admitted, class 2012-2013

75 Posts  ·  39 Users
About this group
Hi there, I've been admitted to Hult IBS MBA in Boston for class 2013. Girls and boys, who've been also admitted, let's cooperate!
Page 1 of 8

I had declined their offer to join Boston campus quite sometime back in April citing financial reasons. I got a call from them yesterday offering me quite a substantial increase in the scholarship amount. Now I am in a dilemna, do we have any active alumnus here who can help me out? I wanted to know how efficient the career services network is? (I do bear in mind that getting a job after my MBA depends on various unaccountable factors). Help please.

1 comment
rshinde2013
@rshinde2013  ·  0 karma

Hi I am from Hult. Most of the student take help from career service for making resume, career resources and then apply jobs on the own. Few companies come to campus for recruitment. it is fast track course but people do get job if they have 5-8 years experience and professional degree

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@Nebojsa

What is your background, I am studying at SF campus right now, maybe I can help you?

@Nebojsa

What is your background, I am studying at SF campus right now, maybe I can help you?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@htd955

heyy anyone taking up hult mib program this september?? london/sf campus.. any reviews??

2 comments
applepie6
@applepie6  ·  0 karma

Hey Neboja, how do you find your experience there? Is it really tough to get a job on campus?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Nebojsa
@Nebojsa  ·  0 karma

@applepie6 I love the experience so far. It is different than in Europe though, and takes some time until you get used to it, but I have to admit it made a positive impact to my life. Unfortunately news are not so bright when it comes to finding a job on campus. There are some jobs, but they are not for everyone and no one can tell you for sure whether you are going to get a job or not. Plus, you are pretty busy in the first three modules and that leaves very little space for work. I had the same hopes but took a loan in the end, it is pretty common in the US to fund studies like that.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

heyy anyone taking up hult mib program this september?? london/sf campus.. any reviews??

1 comment
abhi.sulibhavi
@abhi.sulibhavi  ·  0 karma

yes 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hmm so I got into Boston for 2013-14. Did anybody else here get in too?

1 comment
darindam
@darindam  ·  0 karma

May I please request you to respond to the below thread such that we can get a consolidated picture.

www.pagalguy.com/forums/gmat-accepting-bschools/going-hult-boston-2013...

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@sanmusk contact your recruiter, they should help you on this one but it might be too late, I am not 100% sure.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks @Nebojsa for your reply...

Can I apply for these scholarship after I already conformed my seat.
In the scholarship section Deans Scholarship is not mentioned any where. Definitely apart from getting good score what I need to do extra for this? I mean what the process for doing this?
Please reply...thnx
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@sanmusk you should do that but I cannot guarantee that it is going to happen. In case of having 650-680 apply for the Deans Scholarship which is additional 3500 off so you should definitely try that. Did you apply for Future Leaders scholarship?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Please clarify my concern...
After conforming my seat, can my scholarship amount be increased further If I improve my GMAT score significantly ..I mean now I have around 600 and if it will further increases to 650-680. Please give me idea regarding this.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I completely disagree with the comments of prady224 - 1stly, typos can happen when one does some multitasking, but there's no need to dismiss that as a lack of knowledge in english. The line you've written "I would not trust a post of students who cannot yet spell or type properly yet ", clearly shows the grammatical errors you make.. besides this, the lack of knowledge in english , clearly shows how well (or badly) Hult has trained their future leaders ...j !!

Everybody who enters an MBA program, by default , has the expectation that it will land him the job he desires by the end of the program. If not a senior level position, at least a middle level executive, should definitely be the end result of an MBA program , especially of class & value such as Hult that is highly ranked as of March 2013. Starting off again as a Junior level exec after the MBA with min of 3 years of experience is NOT the normal way things should go.

While choosing an MBA , one should be extremely critical regarding:-

1. Where he wants to be after the MBA - in terms of field / position / country
2. Check the salary statistics
3. Research where Hult alumni are working now . I have done my fair share of research of the hult alumni whove graduated between 2009-2012 & though they've been placed in many parts of the world, neither are the companies popular, nor are their positions so great. Im not sure if the placement cell at hult is active enough to fetch candidates good jobs , but getting placed in a good profile is, the MOST important factor as far as I'm concerned & Hult hasnt yet been able to achieve this until today.

I am an overall 60% scorer all through my 10th, 12th, bcom (India) . I got a call from one of the admission coordinators yesterday for their Sep 2013 program & I was surprised such an institute which boasts itself of such high repute would take me on.The coordinator asked me which campus would I prefer as the base & I just said Dubai (without any thought going in) & she immediately said this intake they're giving $11000 worth free accomodation at the campus. Besides this, there's also a timeline of March 4th, by when I should pay my app fee of $150 & then I can avail of some scholarship & then get 20% off the program fee !

They didnt really see GMAT as a necassary component of the admission process but said Id have to take the exam & provide results by MAY just for the records, and as far as I know it they even take on candidates scoring as low as 490!!!

Quality in candidates could be one of the major reasons why placements suffer & students are on their own if they dont have a well groomed background. This program is extremely expensive too & promises to take students across 5 continents (for what??), but if you do have an alternative second option, definitely choose the other !

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...