HughesNet - XLRI vs IIMC

6 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
hello. i need some suggestions and directions on this one. becoz of some financial commitments, it is not possible for me to do a full-time MBA although i want to very much. i have an option now of going for either one of the courses offe...
Page 1 of 1

Hi Kunal,

I have thought about taking up one of these courses but not sure if this year. Of what I've heard the IIMC satellite prog is good. Also, as you stated earlier, the IIM tag definitely has some weight (more weight than others for sure).

All the best!

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I really dont think a eCourse is going to help you in changing the line.
This is only helpful in career growth in the same organization.
But this is only my opinion.

I really need advice for making choice between these two courses because XLRI course deadline is end of January.

Hi Kunal,
Even i had the same questions, i searched but there are no replies on it. Hope some alumni comes across and let us know the advantages/disadvantages and Return on Investment on doing the course. I have been selected in IIMC's EPGBM course. The course will be starting from March '10 onwards. I will be attending this course from Hughes, Thane location.
Hope to get some more info from others.
One of my main concern is whether this program will enable me to change my domain. Right now i am in IT but i want to keep options opened for Banks, Media & Entertainment after doing this management course.
Cheers
Jay

really? no one?

anyone????

hello.
i need some suggestions and directions on this one.
becoz of some financial commitments, it is not possible for me to do a full-time MBA although i want to very much.

i have an option now of going for either one of the courses offered on HughesNet network. The one where you attend 1 year course via satellite in a classroom.

I have narrowed down my choices to the following two:

1. IIMC - Executive Program in Business Management HughesNet Global Education - Management Programs from premier B-Schools >> Post Graduate programs >>Global Education
2. XLRI - Post-Graduate Certificate in Business Management HughesNet Global Education - Management Programs from premier B-Schools >> Post Graduate programs >>Global Education

My background - I have 8 years of experience and currently leading a global team of database administrators in a financial company. I also have an M.S. from a U.S. university and B.E from Mumbai university.

Which of these courses is a better one? I am looking at post-completion value.

After a discussion with a colleague of mine who has done the IIMC course, he has kind of convinced me that the IIMC stamp will have more value.

IIMC is giving just a certificate while XLRI is giving PG certificate. Both are giving alumni status.

Course content-wise I find both equal, maybe XLRI sounds a bit more appealing.

Both cost the same (about 2lacs).

I need to make a call soon because XLRI admissions are open till end of January while IIMC will open only later this year.

Please do provide your suggestions and input.

Thanks.