How was XAT 2007 ?

682 Posts  ·  215 Users
About this group
Hi, By this time , puys would be busy giving their XAT ... My best wishes for you all ... Pls post , how was XAT , how many questions were there is each section , what was the difficulty level? did it take the wind out of you :: ...
Page 1 of 69
hi, people i got just 67%tile in xat,whichb instiute can i apply?help me people.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hey seniors, i've heard sometimes xlri comes out with a SECOND LIST.......is there ANY chance of that happening???? plss reply at the earliest.....i have a good score, but dunno y i got rejected, possibly cos i'm a fresher....

shivanirani Says
Would anyone be that kind to tell me that on the basis of placements and faculty which of the colleges ranks first and second out of LIBA Chennai, XISS, XIME Bangalore, GIFT Vikhakhapatnam? What could be their cut offs for a final year arts student with no work experience in these colleges accepting XAT scores???:

dear shivanirani,we are not supposed to give rankings to b schools on pagal guy....however if you 'd ask for my opinion among the colleges you mentioned liba is good....according to pg junta and various coaching istis cut off of liba should be somehwere around 20-22.....
Would anyone be that kind to tell me that on the basis of placements and faculty which of the colleges ranks first and second out of LIBA Chennai, XISS, XIME Bangalore, GIFT Vikhakhapatnam? What could be their cut offs for a final year arts student with no work experience in these colleges accepting XAT scores???:
amitnsitian Says
max buddy, i think these are PMIR cutoffs coz for BM i am sure that verbal was 87 88 odd, DI was 57 odd and QA was 94 odd. There was an overall for BM too but i dont remember it

a lil late on the post but nonetheless

i think you are wrong with the cutoffs there.. last year for BM the QA cutoff was definitely 92.xx.

verbal as rightly pointed out by you was around 87.xx and di was around 77.xx
creative_chap Says
hey...will da XAT results be posted on website or will it be directly mailed at home??? if it vl b uploaded on website dan plzz tell me when and on which website...

Login to the website:
www.xlri.edu with your XAT ID and password. There will be links for your score and whether you got a call or not. Scorecards and call-letters will, ofcourse, be mailed to you address later.
fringant Says
31st jan mate

hey...will da XAT results be posted on website or will it be directly mailed at home??? if it vl b uploaded on website dan plzz tell me when and on which website...
mecoolcat_007 Says
Could anyone please tell me when the XAT results be out?

31st jan mate

Could anyone please tell me when the XAT results be out?

my views on the cut-offs...
guys compared to cat xat was a paper where attempts were in the range 40-50 rather than 180-200....so the whole business of predicting cut-offs becomes difficult what with differnetial negative marking,ambiguous va and to some extent lr as well....my take is attempts of 45 evenly spread across the three sections with 80 percent accuracy is decent and good enough to land a xl call...
do the math...45 with 80 percent accuracy means 36 correct.....9 incorrect gives you 3-4 minus...so i guess 32-33 is a very good score....
for every insti below xlri deduct 3 marks...
i.e for ximb 28-30.xx
for gim 25-27.xx...

what say people.....