just to add to some more. TIME conducts a scholarship test. you can get details on either contacting them or pm the seniors here on pg who took cat this year. personally i feel it will be beneficial if you join two mock series.
about joining a coaching institute: i have discovered i made a blunder joining one( at least so far:() because i expected something else. self study with proper guidance from seniors is sufficient not forgetting all the important mocks.
all the best. work dam hard
keep the faith
When do u NOT require tutorial/coaching classes?
1. You belong to the elite types - the studs who prepare for CAT 2 weeks before the test. Brushes up formulaes, gives a couple of mocks, attempts CAT, gets a BLACKI, attends only ABC and joins A.
2. None of the other 2 lac odd candidates are attending classes... its a Relative world after all
3. You write CAT just for the heck of it and will be satisfied with any college that decides to give you a seat
4. You are a probable stud, have strong belief in your abilities, superior will power, amazing hard-working abilities, a sense of time and urgency and a never say die attitude!
In case u belong to the last category, get hold of second hand study material from some reputed coaching institute, solve the entire material, attend as many mocks as you can, and collect as many tips as possible from PG
Some coaching insti's conduct a scholarship exam annualy and then reduce the course fee depending on ur scoring in the test. Check out if this is available at your nearest coaching insti. Take a call on whether to attend coaching or not depending on which category you belong to and where u want to land in the end!
I think it is not really necessary for you to go to a coaching institute for getting to learn the ways and means and the strategies to crack the paper in question here...
you can do so by
1. studying books
2. analysing yourself thoroughly while going thru tests series'
3. study groups...
all this and more can be found out at the following threads
Preparation Agenda For CAT 2007
also... I would personally request you to go through the following thread posting any new threads.
Contributors invited - read thread starter for any doubts
thanks..and hope u don't mind..
but this discussion is actually just a query and can be raised anywhere in the above threads...
How many hours per day..how many months of prep are all relative terms.
Take some test that simulates the actual CAT.maybe CAT06 paper itself.check where you stand.Then you will be able to guage how much prep is required and where.Then on consolidate your strengths and learn to overcome weaknesses.But first step has to be a test.
All the best.
I am a law student (final year) of Calcutta University, eaprtment of Law.I am also working as a Reserach Analyst in a Business Consultancy and management Company. due to some Financial restrictions i cannot join a oood tutorial.At the most before the exams I can face a few exams.
Will all the expert guys suggest me that How can I study alone for Cat?Is 10 months of good preparation well enough if done properly?
Kindly advise me a strategy and how many hours do I need to dedicate to get a good result?