The best way undoubtedly remains getting in touch with the seniors and knowing the first hand experience of being a part of that college .
So the best qualities to judge a b school other than top notch colleges:
1) Return of Investment: If you are not jumping into IIMs or other
top notch college, ROI factor is most important. A college should
not be judged by its highest or average package only, but on the
factors How much are u spending and How much is the return
2) Course content: A college which provide you not just Intellectual
Ability, or Quantitative ability (although they are primarily necessity),
but along with other skills that make you Flexible, a Leader not just
Manager, a good team player and also imbibe good values and Integrity.
3) Placement: Dont judge colleges by their placement reports. If you are
really keen to join a college, Go to their campus and check their Authenticity of those records. Its better to check as A visit is a negligible effort or costlier than your career.
Check for type of companies, Profiles they offer and student record of
4) Alumni record of college: If the alumni of the school are in well-respected
Positions in various industries, it automatically ensures a good standing for
the school in the corporate world, which, in turn, implies better placement
5) Infrastructure: By Infrastructure I dont mean a big campus, infrastructure
which provide all the requirements required by young managers to
groom and develop.
6) Faculty: This factor is very important but not in many cases, as many good Faculties now a days dont associate themselves with only one B School, but go to various colleges as a guest lecturer or guest session.
(Example: Same faculty visits Symbiosis, Pumba, Balaji, SCMLD, Indira in Pune)
7) 7) And a B school which not just focus on your academic part but also focus on your character part. Help you in developing good attitude, mature and Professionalism approach towards everything, community worker (as society is also our responsibility).