How to enter into Politics!!!!

29 Posts  ·  25 Users
About this group
Hey puys!!! I am thinking about entering into politics :: . Hey people!!! This is really not a joke. I am seriously considering this... Now I just wanted to ask people here.... how to go about it?? I mean I very well know (being a ...
Page 1 of 3
Hi Puys,

I thought of giving my thoughts on this interesting thread. Its actually a great thread. But dead since long time.:-(

Revived by cognizant. I would like to mention some important information for all of you -
1. Legislative Assistants to MP's (LAMPS) Programme by PRS Legislative Research. The Profiles Of Some Interns

2. You can also join JNU - New Delhi, the India's best University. It has produced a lot of successful political stalwarts. Alumni of this uni work with the best of the social organizations of the world. To name a few - UN, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, UNICEF,etc.

3. If you want to study in foreign universities, then you can pursue a course from John F Kennedy School Of Government (Also known as Harvard Kennedy School). It is the best uni in the world to study politics, public administration, public policies, human and social development.

Guys from here get the best positons in various govt organizations of the US, and also the big organizations like UN, etc. It is one of the most sought after course in the world of Politics. You learn professionaly to manage the Public and Development Problems.

Even India's IAS other services officers go on study leaves to study and get degrees from this Uni.

4. You also have universities like Oxford, Cambridge, Stanford, and other Uni. providing courses on Public Administration, Development, Politcal Sciences, etc.

You can also join some political party at the lowest level, but then I dont think, you could ever grow. There are many reasons behind it. You might not like the leader you work for. But yet have to. Also, there would be a lot of money matter and other kinds of jhols involved.

Politics is not as dirty as it seems to be:nono:. The only problem it has is the lower strata and the higher strata. If you could work with an MP as his assistant, you can work wonders for him.:)
You can make changes in his mindset. Make him aware of his rights and responsibilites towards the nation , people and his constituency. Some Assistants do this, some dont. It all depends upon the person's thinking and negotiating skills with these guys.

So, I would rather suggest to pursue some of these courses, if really interested (not a compulsion, but if you can see their importance, that even the amateur Senior Bureaucrats from India with an experience of about 20 years into administartion desire to pursue a degree from the Harcard Kennedy School)work with some international organization into social work. Get the required experience and knowledge, and then you would be called by your own nation - India, when the right time comes.

I hope this post would be useful to all you puys.

Cheers,
Chetan.

Hi cud u plz chek d link 4 profiles of interns for LA's to Mp's...its not working,I had applied but my application was rejected on the grounds that my academic background was not suitable(commerce graduate)...I feel our country is in really deep trouble and only we(the youth) can save it...even after getting into managerial positions,we should side by side give in as much as possible for the betterment of the nation esp through politics,as we all know some of the best politicians(who work for the nation) in the country are professionals in their fields(lawyers,doctors,IAS etc)...It is my deep-rooted desire to enter into politics 8 years from now(bcause at present i neither have d muscle power,nor the money power to enter..lol) and become a CM/cabinet minister bt dat is sumthing which i dnt want to achieve on the career front,so going for MBA and nt politics

Can u plz get that link for the profile of interns????
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hi Puys,

I thought of giving my thoughts on this interesting thread. Its actually a great thread. But dead since long time.:-(

Revived by cognizant. I would like to mention some important information for all of you -
1. Legislative Assistants to MP's (LAMPS) Programme by PRS Legislative Research. The Profiles Of Some Interns

2. You can also join JNU - New Delhi, the India's best University. It has produced a lot of successful political stalwarts. Alumni of this uni work with the best of the social organizations of the world. To name a few - UN, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, UNICEF,etc.

3. If you want to study in foreign universities, then you can pursue a course from John F Kennedy School Of Government (Also known as Harvard Kennedy School). It is the best uni in the world to study politics, public administration, public policies, human and social development.

Guys from here get the best positons in various govt organizations of the US, and also the big organizations like UN, etc. It is one of the most sought after course in the world of Politics. You learn professionaly to manage the Public and Development Problems.

Even India's IAS other services officers go on study leaves to study and get degrees from this Uni.

4. You also have universities like Oxford, Cambridge, Stanford, and other Uni. providing courses on Public Administration, Development, Politcal Sciences, etc.

You can also join some political party at the lowest level, but then I dont think, you could ever grow. There are many reasons behind it. You might not like the leader you work for. But yet have to. Also, there would be a lot of money matter and other kinds of jhols involved.

Politics is not as dirty as it seems to be:nono:. The only problem it has is the lower strata and the higher strata. If you could work with an MP as his assistant, you can work wonders for him.:)
You can make changes in his mindset. Make him aware of his rights and responsibilites towards the nation , people and his constituency. Some Assistants do this, some dont. It all depends upon the person's thinking and negotiating skills with these guys.

So, I would rather suggest to pursue some of these courses, if really interested (not a compulsion, but if you can see their importance, that even the amateur Senior Bureaucrats from India with an experience of about 20 years into administartion desire to pursue a degree from the Harcard Kennedy School)work with some international organization into social work. Get the required experience and knowledge, and then you would be called by your own nation - India, when the right time comes.

Cheers,
Chetan.

Nice post...U cleared many doubts
Like guesstimating? Join the party: http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/jobs-and-careers/guesstimate-questions-discussions-t-82860/

Hi Puys,

Cheers,
Chetan.

hi,well after a long time sombody posted a good forum but i dont know how long will this thread continue.For entering into politics best platform is DU

well i hope if in future MBA colleges also accept political campaigns as a source of fund they will be in profit.and if it occurs then first place would be dilli nagri and if im happened to be there in B-school iwould be first person to join

party's name Management Youth Congress

U can easily enter into politics by following way-
>take for granted dat u may have to leave this earth anytime.
>brutally kill somebody who is already very active n well established but d most critisited political figure.somebody who have done many scams n hv court cases pending against him for rape,murder,extortion etc. Ensure dat dis becomes d breaking news for all mushroomed news channels n they show it for weeks .
>this way u instantly get lots of fame n name which is must for a politician.also u'll have to face some jail so u thus aquire authentic licence to realise ur dream.
>now next step is to fight d election .no matter whether u r in jail or outside.it doesn even matter u r contesting frm a party or independant.tiding on d wave of sympathy,u ll easily get thru.
There r tons of unemployed youth in this populous country employ them on daily basis for ur campaign.dont worry dey will work for u at meagre wage.just a unit of whisky n chiken is more dan sufficient for them as wage.however transportation cost is smthing to worry about. But dont worry once u hv chair n complete one full term, u'll earn huge property enuf sufficient for ur next 7-8 generations.
thus u can realise ur dream.

Someday = Never

Well ,

I found something today on SPJIMR while searching for management course . SPJIMR - SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
Program in Political Governance for Women .
It aims to make a person aware about politics ,acclimatize with issues,good governance ,et-al .

Regards,
Vishal

This is really getting serious, isn't it?
Well, sounds appealing to me. How can we go about it? Is it going to be a registered party or working in collaboration with some other party? How do we go about the registration? We need someone to guide through the procedure.
Is it only me who is super excited about this? People don't fool around, if many are game for it we could actually go ahead with this.

If there are some people who are interested doing this.. I will be there for sure.. It is very exciting.. But we will have to workout how we will go ahead with whatever we want to do.. Or rather first decide what we want to do & then how to do it..
And we should also try and see how we can start of this as all of us are doing different things at different places..
Yes, it will be difficult for us to start, but its something we'll like I guess..:splat: