how to deal with credit card companies?

3 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
hi my mom has a sbi credit card. 6 months back a executive called my mom and said if u take a mediclaim policy of rs 1500 we will get a gold coin worth rs 3000 free. But we dint get thr gold coin and asked the bank to reverse the policy. ...
Page 1 of 1
catapult
@catapult  ·  1,270 karma
Wsw, I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting your query. However, you have two options:

1) Write to the Banking Ombudsperson by visting Reserve Bank of India

2) File a consumer case by going to Consumer Online Resources & Empowerment Centre

Moderators, please close this thread.

Let the thread live on.. I guess many of us would have faced problem with credit cards before.. We can use this thread to discuss those with fellow puys..

Here are some tips while using credit cards:

1) Avoid using them (Prefer Debit cards)
2) When you use them have a cheque ready (Amount rounded off to next integer) and drop it as soon as you have money in your bank. Usually credit card companies don't charge if you pay back within 52 days.
3) Don't fall for "Life-time Free Credit Cards". Its not hep having credit cards from all the banks in the world..(If anything, it will make your wallet heavy). Keep a maximum of 3 (I have 1 each of Visa, MasterCard, Amex).
4) Use only 1 card because if you are loyal to one, they will increase your credit limit and you gain on those reedemable "bonus" points.
5) Don't take up "free" add-on cards or insurance policies because you are their "Esteemed customer with good credit record". Insurance is a totally different thing and should be taken by judging a lot of parameters
6) Read your statement every month and do the math yourself. If you have authorized mobile/internet for automated debit every month - Make sure they charge you the right amount.

Feel free to add more, puys.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Wsw, I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting your query. However, you have two options:

1) Write to the Banking Ombudsperson by visting Reserve Bank of India

2) File a consumer case by going to Consumer Online Resources & Empowerment Centre

hi

my mom has a sbi credit card. 6 months back a executive called my mom
and said if u take a mediclaim policy of rs 1500 we will get a gold coin worth rs 3000 free.
But we dint get thr gold coin and asked the bank to reverse the policy.
But they asked us to pay rs 500 as cancellation. Now they have after 6 months later done some compounding and have sent us a demand of rs 3000 and a lawyer letter warning of legal action.

what can we do in such a scenario. this is totall kaminapan by sbi