How to cross first gate: GMAT

3 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hi all, I'm very much new to this group though i fond it useful for the valuable information i got on this page. Well, i've planned to appear for the GMAT test this year.But as naive to this ,i don't know how much GMAT score is required f...
Page 1 of 1

Please post ur query at the GMAT Query Centre.
And as said, Search tool should be ur best friend outta here! :wink:

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi Shrawan,
Gyan no: 1 - Use the search option before posting. All your answers have been answered by someone atleast in one thread under the GMAT section. Yeah - there is a whole section dedicated for GMAT!!! Spend some time going through the various threads - u'll get to know stuff abt GMAT.

Gyan no: 2 - use the official GMAT site, if u havent already. You'll get to everything abt the GMAT there.

Gyan no: 3 - there are these rankings of B-schools available here, here and here. Use these to zero in on the schools where u wud wanna see urself, but dont just go by the rankings. The sites of these schools will give u a feel of the kind of GMAT scores that get accepted. So - u'll know the score u'll have to score :)

Gyan no: 4 - buy ur prep books. Quoting PG himself "Are you really serious about cracking the GMAT, applying to a bschool? Aware of the expenses etc?" 😃 The books are the smallest of all expenses towards ur MBA. If u r short of funds for any kind of reasons - get second hand ones. Or atleast take Xerox copies from kind souls in b'lore. That is still copyright violation - but just keeps PG out of it 😃 No D/L of soft copies of any kind here. U cud get other "non copyright violating" materials in this thread here.

Gyan no: 5 - and the most important. Do the digging urself. I mean, all info u need for the GMAT and the MBA - try to find it out urself. Not because ppl wont be happy to provide u info - but u'll learn a lot more than what u wanted to know when u go through the sites of schools. When it comes to the matter of selecting the bschool of ur choice - it is a personal decision always. So - there is no better person to decide that u. we'll always be giving our view of the things - it will not be the way u look at things.

Hi all,
I'm very much new to this group though i fond it useful for the valuable information i got on this page.

Well, i've planned to appear for the GMAT test this year.But as naive to this ,i don't know how much GMAT score is required for getting a good seat in good college.I'm a little ambetious and i want to get into top Twenty-Five colleges around the world.
As i've read that just score is not enough to get a good college,so here i'm giving my personnel detail...............

1)working as s/w eng. in TATA ELXSI LIMITED in development team
2)Two years of work experience(full time)
3)65% in B.E(Electronics)

Looking this portfolio,how much i should score to get a single seat in top -notch college of the world.

I want to start my MBA after March 2007 , hence when should i appear for the GMAT test.

One more thing i want to know ,whether i've to take TOFEL also for going abroad if yes when i should appeare for that(if i want to take the course by next March)

where i can get free downloads of preparation material for GMAT as all are too costly>

with regards ,
SHRAWAN