how to clear english cut off

2 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
Hi guys , I want the suggestions of guys who are able to clear the cut off of english section in 40-45 min.Please post in ur ideas,strategies,schemes etc so that all of us who face real problem in clearing cut off of english could benifit. ...
Page 1 of 1

i gave the cat last time.. but last year in a few of my mocks was not able to clear cut offs... followed a strt this time and it;s worked out well enough for me to get a 25+ consistently.........

i first attempt eu...... give it about 15-20 min.. attempt 20 odd questions.... in the first 15 min, no point guessing... tick only those ans which u feel are defn right..... in this way i'm able to get around 15 ques right...... then i go on to solving quant n di...... with about 17 min left, i go back to the eng section...... try n pick 3 easy passages.... here my speed is pretty good..... get most of the ans right...... then wid abt 2-3 min left i go back to the tough eu questions that i had left in the first 20 min...... and tick the ans purely on gut feeling..... it generally works.... instead of wasting time over the toughies in the 1st 20 min... i attempt them in the last 3 min...... even if i get 3/5 correct...... it;s a bonus cos... ive ensured ive not wasted time and not screwd up my other 2 sections....... try experimenting a lill guys... it's worked for me......

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi guys ,

I want the suggestions of guys who are able to clear the cut off of english section in 40-45 min.Please post in ur ideas,strategies,schemes etc so that all of us who face real problem in clearing cut off of english could benifit.
I have to give 50-55 min to clear the cut off which affect my performance in other sections.

I've surfed a lot of web sites and have talked to my friends in top b-schools and i have a few ideas to begin this thread with...

1)For all those are working and have internet access can visit thehindu.com and check out the editorials on the opinions sections.

2)Try to attempt all the eu questions in 20min and then for rc wat we can do after scanning the passages is we can see if there are gud no. of non-inferential passages/questions we can follow the que-passage approach and attemp2-3 que of 3-4 passages and if there are more inferential passages take ur time, read the passage and attempt but when i followed this approach i took 15 min for one passage though the accuracy was high.

This is some of the techniques i try to follow

please post in ur views and suggestions

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.