How to choose the right MBA for you!

8 Posts  ·  11 Users
About this group
How to choose the right MBA for you! Today, an MBA is the most prestigious qualification in the world. It offers the potential for talented young professionals to place themselves in the shop window for the most prestigious and highest paying...
Page 1 of 1

Hello,

I have completed my graduation in business administration. I want to do my MBA in management itself. I researched about different business schools and I have narrowed my options to ISB and S.P jain global. I am still confused in choosing between these two options. Can anyone help me by providing more precise information about these business schools?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi guys I too would like to have some suugestions regarding the choice of business schools. I am a mechanical engineer and will have an experience of about 4 years by the time I apply to the business schools. I am going for my GMAT in the last week of Aug 2006. I have been working in engineering services sector for past 1.5 years and also have prior experience of 1.5 years from manufacturing sector. Now my first question is that which field should i choose for my MBA? Secondly i would like to know how advicable is it to make a shift to some field like finance? i want to shift to finance as this is what i wanna do further in my life. but looking at my education and experience i feel like it's gonna be a hard task ahead. Moreover I might not be able to leverage my experience while applying for any such field and thereafter. Therefore, I would ike to have your views on this from some of you there, who have a better understanding of admission process and the job opportunities after MBA. Would I be able to show my experience as relevant, if i am doing my MBA in fianance, to the recruiters during placements?
I have made a tentative list of institutes. Please comment. List is like this
1. Standford
2. MIT Sloan
3. INSEAD
4. IESE
5. ISB (India)
This list is based on the assumption that I would get a score around 700+. Please send in your feedbacks so that I can make a right decision before going for my GMAT.

You say you want to do finance, and also ask this forum to advise what field you should go into after an MBA. How can you expect us posters to make your mind up for you?

If you want to go into Finance for a company, might be a challenge if you don't bring relevant experience. If you want to do Investment Banking, you have a shot if you attend the US Top 8-10, LBS or INSEAD - as almost all the major I-Banks recruit on campus. Many if not most MBAs who enter I-Banking immediately after an MBA were NOT in financial functions before an MBA, so you have a shot.

Remember always, recruitment on campus doesn't guarantee you will get an interview with any company (I-Banks included). You'll still need to listen and do as your Career Services Office tells you!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys I too would like to have some suugestions regarding the choice of business schools. I am a mechanical engineer and will have an experience of about 4 years by the time I apply to the business schools. I am going for my GMAT in the last week of Aug 2006.

I have been working in engineering services sector for past 1.5 years and also have prior experience of 1.5 years from manufacturing sector.

Now my first question is that which field should i choose for my MBA?
Secondly i would like to know how advicable is it to make a shift to some field like finance? i want to shift to finance as this is what i wanna do further in my life. but looking at my education and experience i feel like it's gonna be a hard task ahead. Moreover I might not be able to leverage my experience while applying for any such field and thereafter. Therefore, I would ike to have your views on this from some of you there, who have a better understanding of admission process and the job opportunities after MBA. Would I be able to show my experience as relevant, if i am doing my MBA in fianance, to the recruiters during placements?

I have made a tentative list of institutes. Please comment. List is like this
1. Standford
2. MIT Sloan
3. INSEAD
4. IESE
5. ISB (India)

This list is based on the assumption that I would get a score around 700+

Please send in your feedbacks so that I can make a right decision before going for my GMAT.

You can also mail me at suheelmattas@gmail.com

Hope to see a lot of inputs from all you people there.

have a good day!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Apurv Says
Intl MBA regular pagalguys... please help him out! :)

Two of us recommended he doesn't go ahead. Obviously he doesn't believe our advice is good enough.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Intl MBA regular pagalguys... please help him out! :)

Sandeep Dogra Says
Hi Sir, I am an Indian Student got admission in PLYMOUTH UNIVERSITY UK...I know this is an average college, with which I am not really bothered, What I want to know is that I ve applied through the consultancy called New Delhi..I have been asked to pay 1000 as an advance fee before I apply for the VISA...So can you advice me if that is a safe advance payment, I am sure there will not be any frauds involved, But still have a glitch of doubt, which One should have.Please respond me ASAP...My ID is sunluv_x@yahoo.com
I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Sir, I am an Indian Student got admission in PLYMOUTH UNIVERSITY UK...I know this is an average college, with which I am not really bothered, What I want to know is that I ve applied through the consultancy called New Delhi..I have been asked to pay 1000 as an advance fee before I apply for the VISA...So can you advice me if that is a safe advance payment, I am sure there will not be any frauds involved, But still have a glitch of doubt, which One should have.Please respond me ASAP...My ID is sunluv_x@yahoo.com

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Today, an MBA is the most prestigious qualification in the world. It offers the potential for talented young professionals to place themselves in the shop window for the most prestigious and highest paying recruiters in the world; companies like Accenture, Bain, McKinsey & Co., Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley treat the MBA qualification as essential for career changers seeking to join their firms.
Hi apurv
Could u plz tell me which col takes students on MNGMT seats 4 this yr.
prefferably IP university or tell me if MDI gur. or IMT ghaziabad takes.Hopi' an early response.
Mahima
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Today, an MBA is the most prestigious qualification in the world. It offers the potential for talented young professionals to place themselves in the shop window for the most prestigious and highest paying recruiters in the world; companies like Accenture, Bain, McKinsey & Co., Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley treat the MBA qualification as essential for career changers seeking to join their firms.

Read More

I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...