How to answer "Why MBA, why not CFA?"

6 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hello i am from engineering background and want to do MBA in finance(CET). But in each and every interview at Time, CL i am asked the same question "Why MBA? Why not CFA or MS in finance?" I want to go into Equity Research Analysis. Can someo...
Page 1 of 1

moved the thread to career discussions section.

www.raghavabbhi.com | My take on CAT: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-i-wanted-to-speak-about-cat-25002933/6315307
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

What does CFA teach that MBA doesn't?

Any experienced guy here who can guide us??

tmmfiitk Says
I too faced that question about an year back, and felt that I wouldn't do an MBA. But then I realised that all good jobs in Finance demand an MBA. CFA can only be supplementary.

cfa is a good course and has lot of reputation in us or say in global markets.
but it being distance learning course it is li'l bit on the lower side than mba.
but one thing is sure mba +cfa is ideal thing one can do if he wishes to do future in equity research. finance is very vast ya, i wud say more u learn more you earn.

I too faced that question about an year back, and felt that I wouldn't do an MBA. But then I realised that all good jobs in Finance demand an MBA. CFA can only be supplementary.

Hello i am from engineering background and want to do MBA in finance(CET). But in each and every interview at Time, CL i am asked the same question "Why MBA? Why not CFA or MS in finance?"

I want to go into Equity Research Analysis. Can someone help me solve this question please!!