How many of u r hard core bikers?

113 Posts  ·  45 Users
About this group
I am tired of talking studies only man......damn all this tension and the calls about to come is making me crazy.......what do you do to relieve the tension? Hit the roads (safe ones) and do some crazy speed? How may of you are hard core bike...
Page 1 of 12
Dude but you definitely that RD350 is a legend in bikes... agreed all Yamahas have a charm of their own... but RD ki baat hi kuchh aur thi... drove it in my first year in college... the rush I felt was incomparable to anything else....

Concerning Yamahas their new bikes are really spoiling their name... a few of those bikes suck bigtime...

My opinion on that would differ...I'd say ALL of yamaha's present offerings suck....except maybe the gladiator, which is just about ok, nothing exceptional.. but the market has given even this a thumbs-down. I dont know why yamaha fails to see that it is seen in India as a maker of great performance bikes (remember the RD, RX-100, RX-135, RXZ, great bikes all of them). John Abraham endorses them, he is known for hs love of big bikes. After he signed on with them, he even stopped riding his Hayabusa and started riding an R1. Yamaha is the main sponsor of the MotoGP races telecast on Star Sports. Yamaha sponsors a lot of rock shows across the country. Then why are they contnuing with this agenda of making those tiddly econo-misers: bikes that no one buys. Dont they realise the market they are targetting with the afore-mentioned campaigns will not buy their present bikes, especially when these bikes have a huge amount of competition and the competion's offerings are simply...better. And then there is the issue of their designs. The 'lizard' libero and the 'alien' fazer created a huge dent in the brand image of Yamaha.
They have probably gone the fiat way of enjoying a great brand image in the country only to spoil it all when the Indian automotive market really took off.
For the second largest 2-wheeler maker in the world to be in the red in the second largest 2-wheeler market in the world, for the last 6 years, well something is seriously wrong.
Accepted that the low-end category is where the volumes are, but Yamaha your image in India is quite different. They are doing very well in the low-end market category in South-East Asia, but I dont know what kind of market strategy they are employing there or what kind of brand image they have there, so it would be difficult to comment. What i do know is that their bikes there are brilliant looking, nothing like what is available in India.
They should start with their 200cc + bikes in India and slowly move up to 400 and 600 and then come out eventually with their fantastic litre-class bikes.
I fail to see why foreign bike manufacturers say that the Indian bike market is not mature enough to accept these. when all the major car manufacturers offer their best, from luxury behemoths like the maybach and bentley to supercars like the lambo and porsche. If they are saying that Indians can buy sports cars that cost 2-3 crore but cant buy sports bikes like the R1 which cost around $11000, a measly 4.5 lakh rupees. ok with import duty that would go up to around 9 lakh. But 9 lakhs for the ultimate in biking nirvana? Bikes that could eat all the sports cars for breakfast. I believe it would find takers.
Take a leaf out of Bajaj's book, who are being pro-active and slowly moving up the value chain (or the cc chain in this case), gaining experience and expertise along the way. Its clear for all to see that they will be graduating to 400cc's very soon. When Yamaha has the 250cc Fazer and 400cc bikes in their arsenal, why dont they launch them and be the market leader.
There have been intermittent reports about Yam launching a 250 in 2006, then 2007, and now the latest is Aug 2008. I strongly believe they should do it earlier. A ready-market exists. I, being a lifelong Yamaha fan, cant wait for them.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
gmathews Says
Concerning Yamahas their new bikes are really spoiling their name... a few of those bikes suck bigtime...

No bike manufacturer other than Bajaj has what it takes to test Indian waters.;) Others will start bringing in better bikes in India if Pulsar 200 goes success. BTW, how many people in India will buy the bikes that you think wont spoil Yamaha's name? It's all about business, my dear friend.

I dont know what's stopping Yamaha to bring in their Yamaha Fazer 250 in the Indian market which they already sell in Brazil.

Check my post here:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/which-bike-would-be-the-best-25003947
dude i dont think anybody could dislike RD350..its amazing..almost all yamahas are great..

ps: i found the left side 5 gear electra pretty weird i love my standard!!

Dude but you definitely that RD350 is a legend in bikes... agreed all Yamahas have a charm of their own... but RD ki baat hi kuchh aur thi... drove it in my first year in college... the rush I felt was incomparable to anything else....

PS-ne fans od RD350 here..plzz do post back

ride on guys

dude i dont think anybody could dislike RD350..its amazing..almost all yamahas are great..

ps: i found the left side 5 gear electra pretty weird i love my standard!!
Hey Guys!!!!

Finally i found the thread....Well my story..here it goesss

Rode my first bike in yr 1998..it was a modeified Yamaha RX 100....

Graduated to college in 2001......practised my biking on friends YBX...

Was allowed to ride my cousins pulsar 150cc....in year 2003 and later kept it for full times....

Now Comes the year 2006...and here come an amazing..5 left shift gear bullet.....

Took it to GIM with me..and havent looked back at all...amazing machine to ride at an amazing place......

Done almost everything with bikes...tryin to get into intricasies of repairing one as well

ride on guys

Dude u said it...the RD was the baap of it all....the king. period. In stock condition, it is the only bike, in India, actually capable of scaring u. the first time i rode it, i was just listening to that awesome whooooooo of the twin cylinder-twin silencer, and before i knew it i was doin 130-140, like that, I didnt even realise when the bike hit that speed, it's so fast. I have ridden a totally modded one with k&n;, exp chamber, enlarged pistons, larger jets, the whole deal...that bike reputedly does 190+...i've touched approximately 150 on it. Scary as hell i tell u!
It may be 34 years old, but the legend of the RD lives on ....

Hey Guys!!!!

Finally i found the thread....Well my story..here it goesss

Rode my first bike in yr 1998..it was a modeified Yamaha RX 100....

Graduated to college in 2001......practised my biking on friends YBX...

Was allowed to ride my cousins pulsar 150cc....in year 2003 and later kept it for full times....

Now Comes the year 2006...and here come an amazing..5 left shift gear bullet.....

Took it to GIM with me..and havent looked back at all...amazing machine to ride at an amazing place......

Done almost everything with bikes...tryin to get into intricasies of repairing one as well

ride on guys

im a die hard biker.i feel uneasy in cars n i feel absolutely liberated on bikes.
i own a royal enfield bullet 350 and a pulsar 150 dtsi..
the pulsar i drove during my graduation days n now have graduated to the bullet!
i used to ride my pulsar a lot in karanataka..now im headed to mdi,n hope that i get enough time to explore the north on the bull..
p.s:the best bike i have rode apart from the bullet is yamaha rx 135.if anyone here has one,my thumbsup to u!! ride on..

Hey!
great to see such a thread
well me an avid biker as well
i possess a hero honda passion plus(it mit b common but it for sure is a delight)
love riding it anytime but the fav time of riding is in the pitch black night at empty roads wen nthe wind ruffles ur hair and u fighting wid the wind and yes, the most imp part listening to LEARNING TO FLY by Pink Floyd
a deadly combo, wat say?

hey dude...thanks a lot for the advice...indeed makes a lot of sense!!!
Another thing is in case my bike breaks down (:sad:)do we have enough mechanics on the way to look into it???

You do have mechanics scattered here and there along the way... but the ride is really smooth and you wont face any big problems....
just try to beat the heat by leaving as early as possible...
be careful of the signs to get off the expressway as you can ride on the expressway for a few kilometers in between...
do carry a camera if you are interested in photography as biking provides you with unlimited opportunities of taking snaps... and some of the views are indeed really good...
if possible take someone alongwith you on the drive as its always better to have some company...
Be careful of not losing your way and do keep confirming whether you are going in the right direction...
In the end enjoy the trip... I have been to Bombay on the bike 3 times and each time it was a pleasure.
hey dude...thanks a lot for the advice...indeed makes a lot of sense!!!
Another thing is in case my bike breaks down (:sad:)do we have enough mechanics on the way to look into it???

by breaking down i assume u would mean a puncture or something, which is the most common form of break-down....yep there are a few mechs on the way, but they're scattered. u may have to push for a few km. i wud much rather prefer to ride the bike sitting on the tank, with as much weight on the front wheel (or rear, as the case may be) and get the tube changed once i do reach a mech, rather than push for god knows how long. personally, inspite of having ridden thousands of kms on national highways, state highways, and on broken down village roads, i have never faced a puncture. touchwood! but the nh4 is really smooth, u shudnt have any tyre problems. remember to get ur tyre pressure checked before u leave.
If ur bike is well taken care of and u service it regularly, there shouldnt be any engine problems altho it wud be good to get the oil topped up.
Since ur bike is fairly new i cant think of any other problems that might come up, my bike is about 10 years old (and a 2 stroke to boot) and i've done upto 700 km a day without facing any problems. the avenger is a really good touring bike and the ride wud be comfortable (btw im aghast that with that bike the maximum uve ever ridden is upto lonavla! dude! u shud change that...and soon!).

P.S. DO wear a helmet, not enforced in pune, but makes a lot of sense to wear it on highways