how is praxis business school?

12 Posts  ·  16 Users
About this group
dear PG junta i will like to know about the praxis business schools.I will like to know the opinion of the junta about this upcoming bschool.It is a very new Bschool but offlately i have heard a lot about it.I came to knew that the Director of X...
Page 1 of 2

Hi.

Praxis had good placements season last years. The complete list of companies and the profiles offered s available on Praxis website. Following are the details for the previous two years:

Year 2009:
Average Salary: 4.19 L Pa
Participating companies: PwC ( Mgmt Consulting), Axis Bank ( Cap Markets), ICICI Bank ( Treasury, AM2), ITC Infotech ( Analyst), TimesofMoney (Mgmt Trainee)...

Year 2010:

Average Salary: 4.63 L Pa
Participating companies: PwC ( Mgmt Consulting), Deloitte ( Intl Transfer Pricing), Grant Thornton ( MT), Frost & Sullivan ( Associate, ICT and BCM verticals), Titan (ET), Philips (Marketing), Avaya Global Connect (MT), UBS ( MT), ICICI Bank ( Treasury, AM2), ITC Infotech ( Analyst), TimesofMoney (Mgmt Trainee)...

Regards,

Harish

Harish Dalwaipattan - Brand Manager, Praxis Business School
2 likes
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Can any one please tell me about the exact placement figures?

Their placement is not happening.better don't try there.

My understanding abt Praxis or any new school to opt for:

1. No brand existing, no brand pull from industry. Means faculty have to pull co.s for placement on their contacts. Also most co.s have standard b-school lists for hiring.
2. Good summer placement is no guarantee of good placements. 2-3 months vs. full time employment have lot of difference.
3. Any good undergrad degree can get a job in BFSI sector--banks, insurance co.s. The MBA dosent adds much value initially. Also ICICI bank and similar will come to any school for sales/backend ops positions.
4. Library, no. of books, journals, databases matter a lot. Also collection of proj reports of older batches. Also adequate no of projectors/LCD, good internet connection. wireless infra. It takes time to build these.
5. Most schools use the same course structure, curriculum and books. What is the delivery methodology--case oriented or classroom teaching. Student mix of experienced, engineers, commerce etc matters a lot. New schools usually dont attract experienced ppl.
6. Hostels or Pg-how far from school, what facilities etc. Matters a hell lot for b-schools with group projetcs/cases etc.

It is not advisable to select b-school purely based on faculty names. Do opt for better and established schools. Praxis can be a fallback option.

Hi Neeraj,

I think you will get an idea if two people from praxis reply your query. The main asset to a b school is the academics not the placements. Being the first batch cant tell you about the placements, but summer placements are really going well. As far as academics is concerned we have good faculty which gives us value add, industrial knowledge not the bookish knowledge which generally B school gives you.

There are two ways you can get good placements.

1) If the B school alumni is strong...one have good contacts with industry. So that hey can get good companies.

2) If the academics is strong.

We have both. As we interact more with industrial people. We have more contacts with them , which helps or one can say we have an edge over the other budding B schools to get the company in the campus.

Faculty all are from good B School which my colleague has already mentioned in the earlier posts.

get back if you want any further guidance.

hi guys,
jus for the sake of typing more words here, lemme ask u guys one question.how many times have this so called business school which provides rugged "run of the mill" MBA program have made it to Acumen(atleast it should have reached the western or southern region finals once-i have no knowledge as of now, if u have please sharpen my mind,i would appreciate).
now the fact.
Praxis Business School(first time participant) were the runners up in the eastern region Acumen 2007 in debate.
winners:IIMC
other players:XLRI,XIMB,IISWBM,globsyn,ICFAI.i know no more B-schools here.

So according to you, MBA only from a school that has reached somewhere in Acumen (like yours has in the eastern region) is worth. Is this your parameter of measuring the worth of an MBA? If yes then my friend, it is a very very parochial approach.

Foreign placements that you talk about are nowadays available to ordinary postgrads also if they apply at suitable websites and the profiles they will get and the profiles that a person from Praxis will get will not be radically different. So then why the hell pay money to get into Praxis?

My whole point of discussing is that it is safe to lay one's bets on older-established b-schools who have a relatively good track record of placing students. Just FYI, in the company I was working earlier, a bunch of guys of the first batch of SPJain Dubai and Great Lakes were absorbed after frantic efforts from these institutes because they were NOT able to place 100% students in the first go. Just imagine, employment entrance tests were conducted for these students and after 3 rounds of interviews, these students were placed. That too after the management at these institutes applied on their behalf. Is this what you expect out of an MBA? In an MBA from India, one expects to have campus placements and not begging for placements and I have seen this happen right in front of my eyes. Whats the guarantee that such a thing may not happen for schools of the ilk of Praxis Business School?

You may still not agree with me and I respect your opinion but frankly, I have been in the industry for some time now and I have begun to have a hang of how things function and thats why I said that its better to do an MBA from a known b-school. I have not in anyway tried to malign your beloved b-school.

hi guys,
Well, that was an excellent piece of advice to students who wish to take admission into some of the finest "B-Schools of India" (LIBA,ISB,GR8 Lakes etc. excluded in the list) from Tumtum. but as far as im concerned, i do not agree with his view on the whole, what i believe is, it is not just placement(although 10% international placement in the summer-internship level would be icing on the cake) that should be the main focus while choosing a B-school.there is more.
jus for the sake of typing more words here, lemme ask u guys one question.how many times have this so called business school which provides rugged "run of the mill" MBA program have made it to Acumen(atleast it should have reached the western or southern region finals once-i have no knowledge as of now, if u have please sharpen my mind,i would appreciate).
now the fact.
Praxis Business School(first time participant) were the runners up in the eastern region Acumen 2007 in debate.
winners:IIMC
other players:XLRI,XIMB,IISWBM,globsyn,ICFAI.i know no more B-schools here.

Look mate, now all these high profile people do not matter when it comes to your career and placements. That will be done only on the basis of the brand name that your b-school carries and these brand names are built over the years through constant efforts. With all its high profile academicians and ivy league contacts, even ISB in its initial phases had issues in getting right profile jobs for its students. Its only now that you have begun seeing it rise at a very fast pace.

Do you think that just a handful of ppl will make the difference? They may get companies to visit the campus at the time of placement but what about the quality of profiles that are offered. I mean I have seen in Amity/LIBA/**** and all of its ilk that many students after doing their MBAs were given jobs to market credit cards and insurance policies or distribure MF schemes. What is the use of doing an MBA if you are going to end-up doing these kind fo jobs? In the end, you wil have a job but is it what you want to end-up as?

It is for these reason that people go crazy after reputed b-schools since the students get good quality placements after graduating from there and not just jobs which help them exist.
In your case, I would recommend that you better go to ITM - at least, they will provide you a good and rugged "run of the mill" MBA program with far decent placements than the likes of Praxis.
Opinions are my own and dished out without any intention to hurt anybody whatsoever.

Excellent career guidance from successful tumtum.

There can be emotional pain if one does not get right placement.
dear PG junta
i will like to know about the praxis business schools.I will like to know the opinion of the junta about this upcoming bschool.It is a very new Bschool but offlately i have heard a lot about it.I came to knew that the Director of XLRI, Father N. Casimir Raj, S.J. and the Dean of XLRI, Professor P. Venugopal, are ex-officio members of the Board of Governors in PRAXIS.So the school has got backings of XLRI.Is it possible we are wittnessing one more Bschool like "Institute Of Petroleum Management Gandhinagar" which has started to make news in not much time.Do u feel that even PRAXIS can repeat something like that?hope to receive opinions in good numbers.

Look mate, now all these high profile people do not matter when it comes to your career and placements. That will be done only on the basis of the brand name that your b-school carries and these brand names are built over the years through constant efforts. With all its high profile academicians and ivy league contacts, even ISB in its initial phases had issues in getting right profile jobs for its students. Its only now that you have begun seeing it rise at a very fast pace.
Do you think that just a handful of ppl will make the difference? They may get companies to visit the campus at the time of placement but what about the quality of profiles that are offered. I mean I have seen in Amity/LIBA/**** and all of its ilk that many students after doing their MBAs were given jobs to market credit cards and insurance policies or distribure MF schemes. What is the use of doing an MBA if you are going to end-up doing these kind fo jobs? In the end, you wil have a job but is it what you want to end-up as?
It is for these reason that people go crazy after reputed b-schools since the students get good quality placements after graduating from there and not just jobs which help them exist.
In your case, I would recommend that you better go to ITM - at least, they will provide you a good and rugged "run of the mill" MBA program with far decent placements than the likes of Praxis.
Opinions are my own and dished out without any intention to hurt anybody whatsoever.

hi neeraj,
well it is really appreciable, u hve shown interest in Praxis Business School.Since u have asked for opinions, i guess i am in better position since i am a student of this wonderful college.im quite sure u already have some gud knowledge abt praxis, i am jus adding some more facts abt the B-School which, hopefully, would help u taking the rite decision.

1. As of now v have had 7 faculties from XLRI to teach subjects such as-OB,QT,Eco,Finance & Marketing.
  2. our dean prof.govindrajan (marketing) is well known in india for marketing-he has 16 yrs of teaching experience in XIMB.
  3. industry guest lecture r organised and v have had speakers from companies like HP,IBM,Britannia,Eveready and Titan in the last 3 monts itself (these speakers r placed in very high level in their respective companies).
  4. Summer placement has already started and the responce from the corporate have been encouraging.
  5. companies such as HP,CTS(USA),Saint-Gobain(Thailand &india;),Pilkington,Godrej,Sara-lee,United Bank Of Switzerland and many more companies that i cannot disclose have already recruited (and some r on the line) from our campus.
  6. the campus is still under construction but in the nxt 8-10 months the whole campus would be ready
on the last note i would say although v had to face certain problem initially (these were limited to non-academics only) yet v Praxites feel proud for preparing to Celebrate Our Worth.
for more details on Praxis Business School u may contact me at