Lovely Professional University (LPU) MBA Admission Queries

120 Posts  ·  1,236 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on Lovely Professional University  and get all the details about Admissions, Fees, Cut Off, Campus, Placements and much more.

Page 1 of 12

Hi guys, Vikash Sir (an HEC Paris alumnus, with 10+ years of experience) from Breakspace is doing a FREE knowledge session on 10th April 2021. He will be talking about things that we need to do next, life at Bschool, how to have an edge over peers and answering other queries of yours.

Register if you're interested! Only 75 participants allowed.

Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AkzdzEfxY861eKoUrbQCOzbDE448HLxXN7-YWC2hz5U/edit

1 comment
leena2
@leena2  ·  0 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
VIkrant_shergill
@VIkrant_shergill  ·  1 karma

I believe this is the crucial question for which an answer is seeked by every student while choosing a university from two options. Apart from rankings, one should compare the other aspect as well like placement, campus, environment and many more. These factors collectively decide one's choice for a unviersity. Being studied from LPU, I believe I can tell you a few great things about the university. LPU is the largest university in India with area spread of more than 600 acres.   

As per latest NIRF rankings released by MHRD LPU is:

1. among top 80 Universities in India
  2. among top 90 engineering colleges in India
  3. among top 50 business management schools in India
  4. among top 30 Indian pharmacy colleges

The university itself has the following accreditations:

1. UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION (UGC)

2. Association Of Indian Universities (AIU)

3. University Grants Commission - Distance Education Bureau (UGC-DEB

4. National Council For Teacher Education (NCTE)

5. Council Of Architecture(COA)

6. Pharmacy Council Of India (PCI)

7. Indian Council Of Agricultural Research (ICAR)

8. Bar Council Of India (BCI)

9. The Institution Of Engineers (India)

10. Institute Of Town Planners, India (ITPI)

In terms of international tie-ups, the university stands apart from other universities in the countries. With the constant zeal to improve and provide endless opportunities to the students, the following tie-ups are a few feathers in the cap:

· International Association Of Universities (IAU), France

· Association Of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), UK

· The Institute Of International Education(IIE), New York

· Accreditation Council For Business Schools And Programs (ACBSP), USA

LPU provides great opportunities for every student. If you are a sports enthusiast, buddying scientist or engineer, or an aspiring musician LPU has many opportunities for all students. All you need to do is focus and avail the benfits offeres by the university.

I would suggest that do a thorough research on both the unviersities and then choose the one which you find more promising.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
vishukr95
@vishukr95  ·  0 karma

While choosing best university, I decided to choose LPU and I am really very happy with my decision as I can proudly say that I am LPUian. Let’s have a look why I have chosen LPU for my higher studies

Good Placement: LPU has a good placement record for CSE as well as MBA students. Every year more than 500+ companies including national and multinational companies visit LPU for placement. A few of them are Microsoft, Amazon, Adobe, etc. in which are placed. The maximum package availed for CSE is 42 lacs. per annum by Microsoft in 2020.

Scholarships: LPU provides scholarship to bright students every year worth crore rupees to all the students on the basis of their academics and extracurricular activities

Faculty: All faculty members are well qualified from IITs, NITs, IIMs, and top-ranked universities all over the world.

Tie-ups: B.Tech in CSE has tie-up with upgrad which helps students to explore themselves more in their field.

Specializations: CSE students get many specializations while studying CSE to enhance their knowledge according to their interest such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Data Science, etc.

Infrastructure: All the facilities are available on the campus itself, a student does not need to go outside for anything. On the campus, Central Library, Hospital facility is available 24*7 for staff and student, Shopping mall, Indoor Sports Stadium with 3 Olympic size Swimming Pools, Public/Private Sector Banks, ATM, etc.

Apart from this other many benefits are there in LPU while studying for bright students in academics as well as extracurricular activities

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which is better for CSE at Lovely or Chitkara or Chandigarh University or Chandigarh group of colleges? 

3 comments
VIkrant_shergill

Being an alumni from LPU and selected in campus placements, I believe I can answer your concern.CSE dept. of LPU is having highest number of students under a single dept. Being an alumni of LPU I had many friends from CSE and I used to see them wearing formal dress almost every day because their placement drives would happen every day in their final year. Most of the students get offers in their third year itself. The placement record of CSE from LPU is phenomenal. Every year LPU breaks its own record in terms of placements.Student from LPU got placed in Microsoft at a package of 42 LPA Talking about placement scenario of 2020:

1. Around 630 companies visited LPU for recruitment 
  2. Around 192 companies offered packages of more than 5 LPA
  3. Bosch,Wipro, Cognizant, Tech Mahindra, Cap Gemini have been the top ecruiters.
  4. Trident  offered package of 15LPA to many students of LPU.Many giants like Amazon, Interviewbit have offered packages of around 26LPA to LPU students from CSE. VMWARE, Jugnoo, Pegasystems have offered packages of 9LPA to students , many other companies like Wipro, Capgemini, Bosch have offered packages of 6 LPA and the list is endless. The CSE dept. of LPU has various tie-ups with Google, Pega, VMWARE,AUTOMATION ANYWHERE, INFORMATICA, COMPUTING TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION (CompTIA) .The university has sate of the art labs with latest softwares to provide hands on practical exposure to students. Every year students develop various applications and enhance their capabilities to meet the industry demands as soon as they pass out from LPU.

In short, if you have opted for any course in CSE from LPU, then you need to worry about getting placed. Just keep on enhancing your academic profile and you will land LPU gives great placement opportunities to its students. I hope your concern is answered. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
vishukr95
@vishukr95  ·  0 karma

I always suggest LPU when it comes to the placement of CSE. Moreover, a student can have a lot of opportunities while studying LPU for their better and prosperous career. I have also done my MBA from LPU and one of my friend's younger brother is studying over there in B.Tech CSE.

There are some points I would like to share why CSE is good from LPU.

Good Placement: LPU has a good placement record for CSE students. Every year more than 500+ companies including national and multinational companies visit LPU for placement. A few of them are Microsoft, Amazon, Adobe, etc. in which are placed. The maximum package availed for CSE is 42 lacs. per annum by Microsoft in 2020.

Scholarships: LPU provides scholarship to bright students every year worth crore rupees to all the students on the basis of their academics and extracurricular activities

Faculty: All faculty members are well qualified from IITs, NITs, IIMs, and top-ranked universities all over the world.

Tie-ups: B.Tech in CSE has tie-up with upgrad which helps students to explore themselves more in their field.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which university has better placements LPU or Amity? 

3 comments
VIkrant_shergill

There are many reputed colleges in India but I believe MBA from LPU is a smart choice to make. The Mittal School of Business Is Among The First 10 Institutions In India To Get ACBSP (USA) Accreditation. The course offers many choices to choose specialization as per your interest. Apart from highly qualified faculties from prestigious institutions like IIMs, the university breaks its own record in terms of placements every year. International Companies like Hyatt (USA), Ritz Carlton (USA), Adani Wilmar (Africa), Altruist (Africa), Al-Rakha (Dubai), Dharam Consultancy (USA) have selected LPU students for International locations. The placement team is highly efficient. 

They start enhancing you the moment you register for placements. They improve your communication skills in the most effective manner. For 2017-2019 batch there were more than 800 placement offers made to the students of Mittal School of Business. LPU follows trimester system for MBA. The syllabus is designed and revised by industry experts every year.
The fees for MBA is around 190000 ( to be twice a year) but you can avail scholarship and get up to 50% of the program fee. 

LPU offers many scholarships on various parameters and one of them is based on your performance in LPUNEST. In MBA, LPUNEST is mandatory.
Scholarships are awarded to candidates based on their performance on any of the following categories:
1.Eligibility Qualification: The scholarship will also be offered on the basis of Eligibility qualification.
2.Certain National Level Tests (like JEE (Main), NEET, UCEED, CAT, MAT, GATE, GPAT etc.)
3.LPUNEST: (LPU National Entrance & Scholarship Test)
4.Performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service and Bravery Awards
5.Special Scholarships and/or Fee Concessions For Ph.D. Applicants (Scholarship phases as mentioned below are not applicable) Defense and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) personnel and their dependents Toppers of Education Board Scholarship for Orphan Applicants Scholarship for Person with Certain Disability

In a nutshell, MBA from LPU means great opportunities to get placed in reputed companies.
I hope I have answered your concern.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
vishukr95
@vishukr95  ·  0 karma

Comparing Chandigarh University with LPU, I would say that LPU is better in terms of 2019 placements. In fact, LPU created a new record in the whole of North India by placing its student Tanya Arora with Microsoft, who bagged a package of 42 LPA.

Besides, other record-breaking placements for LPU includes:

Highest Placement (Engineering) Rs. 42 lakh per annum (Microsoft)

Highest Placement (Management) Rs. 19.75 lakh per annum (SOBHA Developers)

Highest Placement (Design) Rs. 15 lakh per annum (Trident Group)

Amazon recruited LPU students on a package of 28 LPA

The highest internship stipend is up to 80k per month. (which is really hard to get in other universities)

The reason why LPU has better placement records than CU is because of its unique career cell. It enables students in getting relevant work experience to complement their studies and develop appropriate skills and knowledge. Resume writing, aptitude development workshops among other activities are hosted for the overall development of students and prepare them to crack the interviews easily.

Alumni of LPU are working with top-notch brands globally with a package of more than 1 crore. Right from Google to Apple, students are working worldwide. Some of the top recruiters are Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Accenture, Cognizant, Amazon, TCS, IBM, Informatica, Capgemini, SAP, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, Bosch, Ashok Leyland, Voltas, Mercedes Benz, Honda, Daikin, Renault Nissan, Sony, Adobe, Virtusa, KPIT, Morgan Stanley, Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Trident Group, Infineon, KPMG, Colgate-Palmolive and the list still goes on.I hope this answer is helpful to you.!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...