Lovely Professional University (LPU) MBA Admission Queries

91 Posts  ·  887 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on Lovely Professional University  and get all the details about Admissions, Fees, Cut Off, Campus, Placements and much more.

Page 1 of 10

What is the average package for MBA at LPU?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How is BCA (Hons) in Lovely Professional University?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Are the admissions still open for MBA ?

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
Aanchal07
@Aanchal07LPU Jalandhar  ·  4 karma

@Mehr07 Yes admissions are ongoing for the programmes. For more information, visit LPU camp office in your town http://www.lpu.in/admission/lpu-in-your-town.php#lpu-town or call the toll free no.1800-102-4431 or mail on admissions@lpu.co. in.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Annanya02
@Annanya02  ·  0 karma

@Mehr07 Yes Admissions are still going on for the programmes. For more information, visit LPU camp office in your town http://www.lpu.in/admission/lpu-in-your-town.php#lpu-town or call the toll free no.1800-102-4431 or mail on admissions@lpu.co. in. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Does LPU have any industry collaborated MBA programs also? 

2 comments
Aanchal07
@Aanchal07LPU Jalandhar  ·  4 karma

@Mehr07

Yes, LPU has launched their MBA programs in tie ups with Talent Edge, WileyNXT, NSE Academy,  Safeducate. LPU has emerged as a global university with boasting distinctive strengths in education and entrepreneurship. As a platform for excellence in teaching, learning & administration, state-of-the-art information technology is extensively used in LPU, contributing to the development of well trained graduates, post graduates and doctorates to meet the professional manpower needs of not just India but the world. Education at Lovely Professional University is a holistic one, aimed at developing the intellectual and personal strengths of our students.

Nurturing creativity and innovation through challenging project work, participative learning and providing an environment conducive to sparking ideas and imagination.

Following are the major features for MBA in tie up with Talent Edge, MBA (Business Analytics) with WileyNXT, MBA (Financial Markets) with NSE Academy, MBA (Supply Chain & Logistics) with Safeducate

• Real Life Industry Projects: Live Projects, My Start Up, Terrific Tuesdays, Industrial Visits, Corporate Thursdays, We got Talent, Social Entrepreneurship to name a few initiatives with corporates for nurturing creativity, innovation and passion of students.
  • Personalised Mentorship & Doubt-Solving Support: The Faculty-Student Ratio of 1:40 to foster seamless interaction between teacher and student communities.
  • Paid internship and Minimum package: Confirmed and paid internships for each student with minimum 10K stipend per month. Minimum starting salary of CTC Rs. 4.2 lacs per annum. This is a Unique Placement before Admission Model - (except for this year where we intend to place within 6 months – due to current epidemic turmoil).
  • Close Interface with the Corporate World : 70% of faculty are Corporate Practitioners. As the programme is in tie ups with Industry, the curriculum is regularly upgraded by Industry experts to make it relevant in today’s corporate world.
  • Program schedule and Delivery : Trimester I & II : Delivered at University Campus by LPU faculty Trimester III & IV : Mix of core courses and specialization-based courses to be delivered by Talentedge faculty from industry at University campus offline and some online component. Trimester V & VI Hands-on super specialized concepts delivered by corporate partners and industry experts and paid Internship at the company/office site
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Annanya02
@Annanya02  ·  0 karma

@Mehr07 Hello dear!! Yes LPU offers its MBA programmes with Talent Edge, WileyNXT, NSE Academy and Safeducate as well. As a forum for excellence in teaching, learning and administration, state-of-the-art information technology is commonly used in the LPU, leading to the production of well-trained professionals and postgraduates.

Following are the major features for MBA in tie up with Talent Edge

• Real Life Industry Projects: Live Projects, My Start Up, Terrific Tuesdays, Industrial Visits, Corporate Thursdays, We got Talent, Social Entrepreneurship to name a few initiatives with corporates for nurturing creativity, innovation and passion of students.
  • Personalised Mentorship & Doubt-Solving Support: The Faculty-Student Ratio of 1:40 to foster seamless interaction between teacher and student communities.
  • Paid internship and Minimum package: Confirmed and paid internships for each student with minimum 10K stipend per month. Minimum starting salary of CTC Rs. 4.2 lacs per annum. This is a Unique Placement before Admission Model - (except for this year where we intend to place within 6 months – due to current epidemic turmoil).
  • Close Interface with the Corporate World : 70% of faculty are Corporate Practitioners. As the programme is in tie ups with Industry, the curriculum is regularly upgraded by Industry experts to make it relevant in today’s corporate world.
  • Program schedule and Delivery : Trimester I & II : Delivered at University Campus by LPU faculty Trimester III & IV : Mix of core courses and specialization-based courses to be delivered by Talentedge faculty from industry at University campus offline and some online component. Trimester V & VI Hands-on super specialized concepts delivered by corporate partners and industry experts and paid Internship at the company/office site

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which one is the best, MBA or MBA Hons in LPU? 

2 comments
Annanya02
@Annanya02  ·  0 karma

@Mehr07 Being an Alumni of Mittal School of Business LPU, i will share with you some key factors on which comparison can be done between MBA and MBA (hons.) Both programmes are good but there is some difference between the both. There will be pre term for MBA (hons.) where sessions on industry sector analysis, business terminology, world associations, leadership and team building, companies that have changed the world, business leaders and thinkers, successful entrepreneurs etc. before the start of regular classes to build a common foundation for management education. As MBA (hons.) is a residential programme so there is regular experiential learning evening activities like theatre, workshop on dinning etiquette, meditation, group discussion, presentations, business games, outdoor activities, photography, clay modeling etc. are held. As compare to the MBA programme, the students of MBA (Hons) are exposed to large number of interactions with Industry Experts. In MBA (hons.)

SIX   additional courses one in each term aimed at enhancing entrepreneurial orientation   and skills of the students. Support is provided by the university to start   venture in the campus during the programme.

List   of additional course: 

First Term:  Innovation and Design Thinking

Second Term: Creativity and Innovation Tools

Third   Term:   Market Trends and Need Assessment

Fourth Term:   Customer Research and Ideation

Fifth Term:  Developing Prototypes/Concepts/Designs

Sixth Term: Business Modelling 

There is a fee difference between regular MBA and MBA (hons.). 

I hope you got the answer.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Naihar
@Naihar  ·  0 karma

@Mehr07 My own sister completed her mba hons degree from LPU and now working as an manager in MNC Noida. MBA is a flagship programme of LPU. Both of the courses gives equal opportunities to the students, it just depends upon an individual what he/she wants to study depending upon the career goal. MBA hons is prefered above mba.

MBA(Hons) over MBA highlights:

1. Pre-term: Two weeks pre-term is conducted where sessions on industry sector analysis, business terminology, world associations, leadership and team building, companies that have changed the world, business leaders and thinkers, successful entrepreneurs etc. are conducted before the start of regular classes to build a common foundation for management education.
  2. Evening Activities: Regular experiential learning evening activities like theatre, workshop on dinning etiquette, meditation, group discussion, presentations, business games, outdoor activities, photography, clay modeling etc. are held.
  3. Residential Programme: This programme also provides opportunity to Interact with faculty beyond the classroom, easier access to a range of on-campus activities and resources for socializing and for building long lasting relationships which fosters peer learning, cooperation and teamwork. Stay on campus facilitates are provided to students for spending more time on the on-campus entrepreneurial ventures.
  4. More industrial interactions: As compare to the MBA programme, the students of MBA (Hons) are exposed to large number of interactions with Industry Experts.
  5. Additional Course: SIX additional courses one in each term aimed at enhancing entrepreneurial orientation and skills of the students. Support is provided by the university to start venture in the campus during the programme.

Rest it depends on your interest.

Hope it helps..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What are things to look out for while choosing a college for an MBA? 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What is the all India ranking of LPU?

2 comments
Naihar
@Naihar  ·  0 karma

@Mehr07

National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), launched in 2015 by the Ministry of HRD, is used to rank the Indian Institutions across the country. NIRF has various parameters to rank the institutions including Graduation Outcomes, Teaching, Learning and Resources, Outreach and Inclusivity, Perception. 

“Presently,  The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked Lovely Professional University 99 overall in 2020, and 78 among universities. It also ranked it 49 in the management ranking 29 in the pharmacy ranking and 87 in the engineering ranking.  The improvement shown by the LPU is huge in terms of standards and teaching. This improvement will surely help LPU to surpass all its nearby competitors.  

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Annanya02
@Annanya02  ·  0 karma

@Mehr07 The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked Lovely Professional University 99 overall in 2020, and 78 among universities. It also ranked it 49 in the management ranking 29 in the pharmacy ranking and 87 in the engineering ranking. The progress demonstrated by the LPU is tremendous in terms of standards and education. This improvement would definitely allow the LPU to overtake all its neighbouring competitors.

Thanks

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can I get placement after completing BBA from LPU?

2 comments
Annanya02
@Annanya02  ·  0 karma

@Mehr07

Hi. I have done B.Com and then MBA from LPU so I can tell you about BBA course at Lovely Professional University. LPU is the university, where you will get so many opportunities. For me it was dream come true university which I ever wanted to study in. To start with if I talk about curriculum it is updated and as per the requirement of Industry. BBA programme is accredited by Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Program (ACBSP), USA and it is very important and beneficial for the student if he wishes to study abroad. You will get all the major specializations that are offered i.e. Finance, HR, Marketing etc. We also get the option to study open minor courses i.e. some courses from other streams like IT, Journalism, Fashion Design etc. You will get the chance to remove your stage fear. LPU provides its students best placements by providing placement inputs through a separate division named Division of Career Services. My friend in BBA got placed at a handsome package in a reputed company. And honestly speaking the transformation she had in 3 years was tremendous. Faculty in LPU is young, energetic and passionate. Assignments are mostly industry specific and project oriented. Case base teaching helped me to enhance my analytical skills. Infrastructure of LPU is the best. And LPU also gives the opportunity to the students if they want to study abroad. So from my point of view BBA course at LPU is the best and you can go ahead.

Placement roadmap in LPU is very simple i.e. Personal development-Discipline Knowledge-Internships-Pre-placement Activities-placements. LPU focuses on every step. Let me explain:

1. Personal development is all about  : confidence, communication skills, presentation skills, body gestures,  dressing SENSE and attitude. And LPU works for the personality development of the students through teaching strategies.

2. Discipline Knowledge is provided by the faculty in a very effective manner i.e. simulation based, case based teaching etc. LPU faculty believes that basic concepts must be clear, don't cram the things. We were given opportunity to participate in discipline oriented activities like Hackathons, Business Plan Competitions,, Moot Court, Go- Kart, Youth Festivals , Tournaments etc

3. Internships : Internships play very important role for gaining exposure and experience in the field. 

4. Pre-placement activities  play very important role for reaching at our final destination i.e. PLACEMENT. PEP classes are conducted to work on our Aptitude, Soft Skills & Generic skills, Technology Specific Trainings, Mock Drives, Mock Interviews, Group Discussions and what not.

LPU is best and go for it. Good luck

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Naihar
@Naihar  ·  0 karma

@Mehr07

Bachelors of Business Administration as the name suggests is the basic course which can offer you a good job in the HR, marketing consultant etc.

The BBA programme at LPU is well known. Mittal School of Business is one of India's foremost business schools known for innovative pedagogy and deep academic-industry interface. Mittal School Of Business Is Among The First 10 Institutions In India To Get ACBSP (USA) Accreditation. LPU Shines In Different Categories In NIRF 2020 Ranking Released By MHRD, Government Of India.

Even though LPU provides a good one-year internship opportunity for BBA students. Full-time jobs are offered to those students who were excellent in the course. If you want to get a good placement by doing BBA then you will have to work hard. The overall university provides good opportunities.

LPU witnessed placements with high salary packages in top-notch companies. There are plenty of job opportunities available for BBA Graduates. To be specific, BBA graduates can look for jobs in sales and marketing department of companies as management trainees. A BBA degree along-with some years of work experience will surely take you to the leadership position in any organisation. To know more refer LPU official course http://link-https://schools.lpu.in/business

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Does LPU offer BBA in international business management course?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can I know about LPU MBA entrance exam date?

2 comments
Naihar
@Naihar  ·  0 karma

@Mehr07 As per my knowledge, admission criteria, eligibility criteria, and all norms related to admissions changes with passing years. Recently my friend's brother took admission at LPU in MBA only and he said that as per eligibility criteria for this course in 2020 session LPUNEST exam is not neceassry to give only one need to clear interview and eligibility condition.With every phase change scholarship chances reduces. LPUNEST exam is candidate choice to give for maximum scholarship benefits.Presently if you talk about admissions in present month i.e. November, for MBA,  as per LPU website phase 5 is running and no scholarship on exam basis. To know more you can visit www.lpu.in or call on LPU toll free number. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Annanya02
@Annanya02  ·  0 karma

@Mehr07 As far as my understanding is concerned, the qualifications for entry, the eligibility criteria and all the standards pertaining to admissions differ with passing years. Recently, my friend's sister admitted in LPU to pursue MBA only and said that as per the eligibility requirements for this course in the 2020 session, LPUNEST exam is not necessary to offer only one need to qualify interview and should have required percentage marks.

For more details you can contact at   

Tel: +91-1824-404404

Toll Free Number: 18001024057

All the best

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...