How important is the aggregate of the undergrad?

3 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hi ppl, I have just one query, *HOW IMPORTANT IS THE THE GPA/AGGREGATE* OF THE UNDERGRAD WHEN THE B-SCHOOL CONSIDERS YOUR APPLICAION? Thanks, Rocky :: :
Page 1 of 1
Hey Rocky,

Members of public forums are expected to follow certain etiquettes. Click the PG Newbie guide link in my signature to learn those etiquettes. Before you post any query, search the forum to see if it has already been answered. This particular question has been answered a million times already and you need not have started a thread for it.

to answer ur question - the GPA IS important. But as every other part of the application, it is not a make or break part of the profile. The GPA is an indication of ur analytical and scholastic abilities. You can screw up ur GMAT scores, coz u had one bad day. But if u have a low GPA and say u had bad days on all exam days, it obviously isnt gonna sell. But if u have other data points which show ur academic/analytical abilities - you can offset or nullify the impact of the low GPA. A high GMAT score could be one of these data points.

ATB.

Yeah Iday is right on GPA...

@ rocky balboa,
spend some time to read previous post mate. You will find your answer to your remaining queries.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hi ppl,
I have just one query,

HOW IMPORTANT IS THE THE GPA/AGGREGATE OF THE UNDERGRAD WHEN THE B-SCHOOL CONSIDERS YOUR APPLICAION?

Thanks,
Rocky:

Hey Rocky,

Members of public forums are expected to follow certain etiquettes. Click the PG Newbie guide link in my signature to learn those etiquettes. Before you post any query, search the forum to see if it has already been answered. This particular question has been answered a million times already and you need not have started a thread for it.

to answer ur question - the GPA IS important. But as every other part of the application, it is not a make or break part of the profile. The GPA is an indication of ur analytical and scholastic abilities. You can screw up ur GMAT scores, coz u had one bad day. But if u have a low GPA and say u had bad days on all exam days, it obviously isnt gonna sell. But if u have other data points which show ur academic/analytical abilities - you can offset or nullify the impact of the low GPA. A high GMAT score could be one of these data points.

ATB.

Hi ppl,
I have just one query,

HOW IMPORTANT IS THE THE GPA/AGGREGATE OF THE UNDERGRAD WHEN THE B-SCHOOL CONSIDERS YOUR APPLICAION?

Thanks,
Rocky: